Dear Gmail - Inbox (1), Die in a Fire. Kindest Regards, Me.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
snowpeach06

Re: Dear Gmail - Inbox (1), Die in a Fire. Kindest Regards, Me.

Postby snowpeach06 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:30 pm

Agreed. Although, at times, even spam is better than actually doing my work at work. It's horribly boring, and I always finish in less time than I have to be here anyway. Like right now, 3 hours at work, work I could finish in 45 minutes. Just glad my boss isn't around so I can post on here.

Anyway, fucking 6 schools I still haven't' heard from. 6 options I'm not thrilled with. 2 WL. And an April 15 1st deposit deadline. I just don't get it.

kazu

Postby kazu » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:47 am

Freaking Cooley.

kazu

Postby kazu » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:36 am

I just really, really needed to bump this thread today.

That is all.

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:05 pm

kazu wrote:I just really, really needed to bump this thread today.

That is all.

Kazu, nothing relevant to add, but I LOVE your new pic.

kazu

Postby kazu » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Entchen wrote:Kazu, nothing relevant to add, but I LOVE your new pic.

Haha awww thanks <3. It has sexy legs, rainbows AND puppies. What more could you want?

speedyj88

Postby speedyj88 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:37 pm

This thread is a sad awakening to what the next year is going to be like for me. Considering how excited and subsequently disappointed I already get when I get a (1) in my law school dedicated gmail hoping for fee waivers and finding out it's just an information session, I do not want to know how I'm going to react when I'm waiting for acceptances.

cigrainger

Postby cigrainger » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:58 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:I find it worse when I get an email from a law school I'm not considering because as soon as I see "law" somewhere in the email, another hair turns gray....and when it turns out to be from some place I'm not applying, it falls out.

I have a dark blue label for 'Law School' that is filtered to auto-attach to LSAC emails and emails containing 'law school'. Needless to say, when I get junk from places like Quinnipiac I get pissed.

username99

Postby username99 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:02 pm

This morning I called a singing telegram company in my hometown, DC. I gave them a special request. I changed my email address for law schools to a new one and gave only the telegram company access to it. So as soon as the decisions are emailed to me, they will receive it first and send a singing clown to deliver the news to me. I'm sorry for all of you who are receiving decisions by "emails" and "checking websites" because I will get my score from a singing clown named Daffodil. I'll let you all know how it goes!

kendraston

Postby kendraston » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:09 pm

CAwolverine wrote:For everyone who has a mini heart attach each time that little (1) in your gmail has nothing to do with your law school acceptances.

I just got (1) as I was writing this message. I am resisting my urge to stop writing this post to check it. I hope it dies in a fire.

My sentiments exactly.

kendraston

Postby kendraston » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:10 pm

username99 wrote:This morning I called a singing telegram company in my hometown, DC. I gave them a special request. I changed my email address for law schools to a new one and gave only the telegram company access to it. So as soon as the decisions are emailed to me, they will receive it first and send a singing clown to deliver the news to me. I'm sorry for all of you who are receiving decisions by "emails" and "checking websites" because I will get my score from a singing clown named Daffodil. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Ahh the glory of living in DC.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

kendraston wrote:
CAwolverine wrote:For everyone who has a mini heart attach each time that little (1) in your gmail has nothing to do with your law school acceptances.

I just got (1) as I was writing this message. I am resisting my urge to stop writing this post to check it. I hope it dies in a fire.

My sentiments exactly.

Isn't it a little early to be worrying about that?
I get like 100 emails a day. Cannot worry about each one. Would be impossible.
I get a little nervous when one of them is from a law school of course. But I'm kind of planning on December responses. isn't that the most normal? December/January?

123xalady

Postby 123xalady » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:14 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
kendraston wrote:

My sentiments exactly.

I get a little nervous when one of them is from a law school of course. But I'm kind of planning on December responses. isn't that the most normal? December/January?

This thread is for people who applied last year- though having applied a full 6 days ago the sentiment resonates with me.

bringbackfirefly

Postby bringbackfirefly » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:15 pm

kendraston wrote:
username99 wrote:This morning I called a singing telegram company in my hometown, DC. I gave them a special request. I changed my email address for law schools to a new one and gave only the telegram company access to it. So as soon as the decisions are emailed to me, they will receive it first and send a singing clown to deliver the news to me. I'm sorry for all of you who are receiving decisions by "emails" and "checking websites" because I will get my score from a singing clown named Daffodil. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Ahh the glory of living in DC.

Somehow singing clown telegrams don't make up for the unbearable summers.

kendraston

Postby kendraston » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:20 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
kendraston wrote:

My sentiments exactly.

Obviously you are not as obsessive as most pre-law "lorks"

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:53 pm

My inbox has three perpetually unread emails (and I don't remember what they are, they're all from 2008 or earlier I think).

At the very least, this gives me a (#) all the time so that it's not quite as frightening when a new email comes in.

Possible way to slightly lessen fears?
I just sent my apps in and am not expecting until 3rd or 4th week of Nov, but still.

LSATNightmares

Postby LSATNightmares » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:59 pm

So, so, so awesome! Did you do it for reals?! I also live in DC... I should do it, too!

arism87

Postby arism87 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:06 pm

incompetentia wrote:My inbox has three perpetually unread emails (and I don't remember what they are, they're all from 2008 or earlier I think).

At the very least, this gives me a (#) all the time so that it's not quite as frightening when a new email comes in.

Possible way to slightly lessen fears?
I just sent my apps in and am not expecting until 3rd or 4th week of Nov, but still.

Hahahaha yeah somehow the difference between Inbox (10120) and Inbox (10121) isn't really that troubling. I KNEW there was a good reason not to delete unread emails!

username99

Postby username99 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 pm

LSATNightmares wrote:

So, so, so awesome! Did you do it for reals?! I also live in DC... I should do it, too!

I did do it for real, but the company got my order confused with that of a Congressional staffer. Yesterday morning, a singing clown handed me a newspaper and informed me of the following:
"Your boss lost his election
His opponent's overjoyed
So here's the classified section
Since you'll soon be unemployed."

It was, to say the least, sobering.

hellome

Postby hellome » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:20 pm

username99 wrote:
LSATNightmares wrote:

I did do it for real, but the company got my order confused with that of a Congressional staffer. Yesterday morning, a singing clown handed me a newspaper and informed me of the following:
"Your boss lost his election
His opponent's overjoyed
So here's the classified section
Since you'll soon be unemployed."

It was, to say the least, sobering.

hahaha what the heck

just got an email and had a heart attack
...until i realized it was "An Invitation to Apply to Ave Maria School of Law"
:cry:

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:21 pm

I feel like I'm going to be totally surprised by my first acceptance, because I just don't think the idea of rolling admissions has really hit me yet.

DieAntwoord

Postby DieAntwoord » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:40 pm

The University of IowaGIANNAMORE.5@BUCKEYEMAIL.OSU.EDU

does this make any sense to anyone. I thought OSU was Ohio State Buckeyes.

jsimp

Postby jsimp » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:14 pm

puppleberry finn wrote:Just the (1) in the subject of this tab is driving me crazy. CRAZY.

+1

arism87

Postby arism87 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:21 pm

jsimp wrote:
puppleberry finn wrote:Just the (1) in the subject of this tab is driving me crazy. CRAZY.

+1 +(1)

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:23 pm

grunching but why don't you just enable the popup bubbles so you see the subject of the email immediately

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”