U Miami "Hold" Category Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
longroad

New

U Miami "Hold" Category

Post by longroad » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Hello Everyone,

A few weeks ago, I received a "Hold until 4/30" letter from U Miami. My LSAT is the 25th% there and my GPA is at their 75th%. I really like the school. Does anyone know what this means exactly? I guess I could call the school, but I am more wondering what is people's experience from past years of being on this list. Or, do you know someone who was on this list. I am wondering what I should do to get off of it because Miami is one of my top choices, and I feel lucky to be on this list in the first place.

Thanks for your help!

km23

Bronze

Re: U Miami "Hold" Category

Post by km23 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:06 pm

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:11 pm

It probably means that they are going to keep your application handy and review it again at a later time. Essentially, they like you enough to keep you around but they're not ready to bite on an "admit" quite yet.

Good luck!

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 am

I have gotten into The U and I love Miami but the price for the law school at its rank is pretty damned steep. I haven't heard yet on any scholarships so I'm probably screwed in that area which means, unless you have some kind of special status or pull, you are also screwed with scholarship money. Why do you want to go to Miami? Just curious, not trying to bash you but to I think its questionable if Miami is worth the sticker price unless you want to live in Miami for the rest of your life, which has crossed my mind more than once.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”