Hofstra 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby newyorker88 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:29 pm

In yesterday, scholarship letter on the way.

nyred10
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:17 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby nyred10 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:21 pm

NJ914 wrote:
Onion wrote:In yesterday by email. Status checker changed to review by committee or something of that nature and received an email a few hours later. First acceptance makes it that much sweeter but need scholarship money to consider attending. Any idea when I will hear about $$. Numbers are 3.3x/160.

EDIT: Status checker says Honors Scholarship letter was sent, how much is that good for?


Same thing here, got the email yesterday and saw the honors scholarship thing on the status checker. Would definitely like to know what that entails...

First acceptance for me too! Finally some good news.


I think the honors scholarship letter is your merit aid. What the status checker calls "Honors Scholarship Letter" I think is the letter with your merit aid package - money per year and the terms to keep it. I got in EA back on 12/15 and the honors letter was mailed 12/16, and the only letter I have gotten related to money was my merit aid package. They probably differentiate between honors (merit aid) and fellowship money.

User avatar
Onion
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby Onion » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:34 am

nyred10 wrote:
NJ914 wrote:
Onion wrote:In yesterday by email. Status checker changed to review by committee or something of that nature and received an email a few hours later. First acceptance makes it that much sweeter but need scholarship money to consider attending. Any idea when I will hear about $$. Numbers are 3.3x/160.

EDIT: Status checker says Honors Scholarship letter was sent, how much is that good for?


Same thing here, got the email yesterday and saw the honors scholarship thing on the status checker. Would definitely like to know what that entails...

First acceptance for me too! Finally some good news.


I think the honors scholarship letter is your merit aid. What the status checker calls "Honors Scholarship Letter" I think is the letter with your merit aid package - money per year and the terms to keep it. I got in EA back on 12/15 and the honors letter was mailed 12/16, and the only letter I have gotten related to money was my merit aid package. They probably differentiate between honors (merit aid) and fellowship money.


Can anyone confirm this?

User avatar
Onion
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby Onion » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:46 am

Is anyone going to the Admitted Student day tomorrow?

champ33
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby champ33 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Onion wrote:
nyred10 wrote:
NJ914 wrote:
Onion wrote:In yesterday by email. Status checker changed to review by committee or something of that nature and received an email a few hours later. First acceptance makes it that much sweeter but need scholarship money to consider attending. Any idea when I will hear about $$. Numbers are 3.3x/160.

EDIT: Status checker says Honors Scholarship letter was sent, how much is that good for?


Same thing here, got the email yesterday and saw the honors scholarship thing on the status checker. Would definitely like to know what that entails...

First acceptance for me too! Finally some good news.


I think the honors scholarship letter is your merit aid. What the status checker calls "Honors Scholarship Letter" I think is the letter with your merit aid package - money per year and the terms to keep it. I got in EA back on 12/15 and the honors letter was mailed 12/16, and the only letter I have gotten related to money was my merit aid package. They probably differentiate between honors (merit aid) and fellowship money.


Can anyone confirm this?


Yeah, the honors scholarship is merit aid. I called them today. My acceptance and fellowship stuff has already come, and they said the honors scholarship stuff is still on the way. The date on the status checker is when the letter was 'generated' not necessarily when it was sent.

User avatar
alannak
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:54 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby alannak » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 am

I was accepted January 14th. Pretty exciting because it's my first notification so far.

I haven't received anything in the mail yet and I'm really impatient!! I saw that on another thread for a different school someone wrote that the password information for accepted students was something like the school's name 2013 (username), and the student's email address (password).

Does anyone know if the username/password combo for Hofstra is something similar to this? :-) And also- does the Accepted Students page have any valuable information (ie- if it will tell me what my "honors scholarship" entails)?

Thank you!!!

champ33
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby champ33 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:03 pm

alannak wrote:I was accepted January 14th. Pretty exciting because it's my first notification so far.

I haven't received anything in the mail yet and I'm really impatient!! I saw that on another thread for a different school someone wrote that the password information for accepted students was something like the school's name 2013 (username), and the student's email address (password).

Does anyone know if the username/password combo for Hofstra is something similar to this? :-) And also- does the Accepted Students page have any valuable information (ie- if it will tell me what my "honors scholarship" entails)?

Thank you!!!


For Hofstra username is your LSAC account number, and password is your date of birth... mm/mm/yyyy if i remember right, although I do remember having to try a few times. Scholarship info isn't on that webpage, you'll have to wait for regular mail.

Jerzeegirl
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:11 am

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby Jerzeegirl » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:46 pm

"FILE PENDING COMMITTEE REVIEW"
Is that the same as waitlisted? Status changed yesterday. . . wondering if a response is on its way or if this means I have a while to go.

dbc001
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby dbc001 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:48 pm

I have the same thing, pending committee review. Anyone know if this lengthens the process? Somehow I don't think so . . .

User avatar
ahk!
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 8:37 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby ahk! » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:21 pm

Jerzeegirl wrote:"FILE PENDING COMMITTEE REVIEW"
Is that the same as waitlisted? Status changed yesterday. . . wondering if a response is on its way or if this means I have a while to go.


What was the status that it changed from?

brunbrun
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby brunbrun » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Accepted today via status checker!

Jerzeegirl
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:11 am

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby Jerzeegirl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:02 pm

ahk! wrote:
Jerzeegirl wrote:"FILE PENDING COMMITTEE REVIEW"
Is that the same as waitlisted? Status changed yesterday. . . wondering if a response is on its way or if this means I have a while to go.


What was the status that it changed from?

I'm fairly sure it was "file complete" and then changed to committee review on 1/19. Had my hopes up that I'd hear from them last week but still under review. Hope that's not a bad sign.

doriangray
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:28 am

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby doriangray » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:28 pm

brunbrun wrote:Accepted today via status checker!


Congrats! Stats?

brunbrun
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby brunbrun » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Thanks! 158/3.34

dancelovr84
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:30 am

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby dancelovr84 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:33 am

My status was changed on Jan. 19th to "File with admissions committee." Before that it was something like file pending committee review. I called Hofstra and the lady I spoke to said that a decision could be made in as little as one week and as long as two weeks.

User avatar
Onion
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby Onion » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:42 am

dancelovr84 wrote:My status was changed on Jan. 19th to "File with admissions committee." Before that it was something like file pending committee review. I called Hofstra and the lady I spoke to said that a decision could be made in as little as one week and as long as two weeks.


When my status checker changed to "File with admissions committee", i received a decision in about 6-7 hours if that is any help to you.

NJ914
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby NJ914 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Got a followup letter today for a $60,000 scholly. Woo!

User avatar
Columbia Law
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby Columbia Law » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:07 pm

Brother got in with a full ride today.

moviechicka
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:45 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby moviechicka » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:13 pm

I was accepted today via status checker. It mentioned something about an Honors Scholarship. I have to wait to find out how much.

User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby newyorker88 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:15 pm

newyorker88 wrote:In yesterday, scholarship letter on the way.


30,000 per year provided I stay in top 40% of class.

User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby newyorker88 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:15 pm

NJ914 wrote:Got a followup letter today for a $60,000 scholly. Woo!


per year? that's awesome

User avatar
knickfan
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby knickfan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:30 pm

I went complete on 1/4 and was admitted 1/14...First notified by email, then a large blue packet in the mail including hand-written note (nice touch), and finally a small envelope including 25k/yr scholarship.

I applied PT..

Good Luck to everyone..

Hope you guys get in where ever your little hearts desire..

User avatar
1WingedAngel
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:44 am

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby 1WingedAngel » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:32 pm

I'm in FT with $20k/yr on top 40% req. The handwritten note was very sweet. They know how to add that personalized touch.
Last edited by 1WingedAngel on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nick637
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby nick637 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:34 pm

1WingedAngel wrote:I'm in with $20k/yr on top 40% req. The note from dean nora was very sweet.


if you dont mind me asking. what are your numbers?

User avatar
1WingedAngel
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:44 am

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby 1WingedAngel » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:40 pm

nick637 wrote:if you dont mind me asking. what are your numbers?


No problem! LSAT 163, LSAC GPA 2.83. According to LSN, that's above the 75th for lsat, but below the 25th for gpa. I think my ps and recs helped me out there.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”