Hofstra 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
safoamerica1
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:42 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby safoamerica1 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:48 pm

trialjunky wrote:Got in @ Hofstra :mrgreen: ! I wish I could have went to the admitted students forum in Miami. I may/may not be getting a scholarship. My status checker shows that it's sent out 2 more letters after the acceptance letter. Hopefully, they send me some money or I'll have to withdraw and go to UM instead. :?



I have the same thing on my staus checker about 2 more letters being sent. I still have not recieved anything after the acceptance letter. Could those possibly be scholly info?

corporatelaw87
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby corporatelaw87 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:39 pm

Anyone going to ASW this weekend?

User avatar
dibs
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby dibs » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:00 pm

status tracker changed to "file pending committee review" as of march 5th. noticed the status change march 12th.

User avatar
GoodToBeTheKing
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:01 pm

dibs wrote:status tracker changed to "file pending committee review" as of march 5th. noticed the status change march 12th.



you should get a decision soon... mine came within a couple of days after that. it was a wait list though... I think they are throwing out a lot of wait lists now because it is so late in the cycle... just my thoughts because I am an auto-admit on LSP for their PT program.

User avatar
dibs
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby dibs » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:17 pm

hmm, i hope so. i'm still pending at all 11 schools i applied to. february/march applications ftw!

i'm also auto-admit for their PT at LSP. strong consider for full-time program.

User avatar
barrel_bra
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby barrel_bra » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:09 pm

There's not such thing as 'auto-admit' at this point. Everything is based on available seats, softs, and were you will fall in the 25-75.

After file pending, you still have to go to file with admissions committee, could be awhile longer.

User avatar
dibs
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby dibs » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:30 pm

barrel_bra wrote:There's not such thing as 'auto-admit' at this point. Everything is based on available seats, softs, and were you will fall in the 25-75.

After file pending, you still have to go to file with admissions committee, could be awhile longer.


auto-admit as per LSP, intended to give context to my relative position. but i get your point.

hanabana
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:20 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby hanabana » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:31 pm

Hey I have some questions for those of you who have already received scholarship offers from Hofstra.
Do they automatically offer scholarship if you qualify? Or do you have to first apply for it? Does it have anything to do with the financial aid application that is due on April 1?

My acceptance letter was released on March 8 according to the status checker, but I still haven't gotten it yet. I would love to get my financial aid application in right now, but on the application I cannot fill out the Hofstra Student ID yet (the one that starts with 70_-...), which I assume will be supplied in the acceptance letter...? If you guys had to go through that, how long does it take for them to get back to you? I'm afraid if I put in the first seat deposit by April 15, Hofstra won't offer any scholarship anymore since they will assume I am attending either way.

Anyway, please let me know how you guys got scholarship offers, since how much scholarship I get, if any, will be a big part of my decision. Any comments, past experiences will be much appreciated!!!

User avatar
acoon624
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby acoon624 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:07 am

My app has said "file pending committee review" since 2/11. Is this bad? Does this mean I'm waitlisted?

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby smartblonde87 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:19 am

Just withdrew -- hope one of you get my seat and my nice scholly! good luck!

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby smartblonde87 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:34 pm

hanabana wrote:Hey I have some questions for those of you who have already received scholarship offers from Hofstra.
Do they automatically offer scholarship if you qualify? Or do you have to first apply for it? Does it have anything to do with the financial aid application that is due on April 1?

My acceptance letter was released on March 8 according to the status checker, but I still haven't gotten it yet. I would love to get my financial aid application in right now, but on the application I cannot fill out the Hofstra Student ID yet (the one that starts with 70_-...), which I assume will be supplied in the acceptance letter...? If you guys had to go through that, how long does it take for them to get back to you? I'm afraid if I put in the first seat deposit by April 15, Hofstra won't offer any scholarship anymore since they will assume I am attending either way.

Anyway, please let me know how you guys got scholarship offers, since how much scholarship I get, if any, will be a big part of my decision. Any comments, past experiences will be much appreciated!!!


My scholarship came in a separate letter about a week after I got the acceptance. Snail Mail! The ID etc came in the package so you have no need to worry about tracking one down after your DL is rec'd.

hanabana
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:20 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby hanabana » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Thanks for answering, smartblonde87. :) What did you mean by DL? Dean's letter? (cuz I got acceptance letter in big blue envelope, and Hofstra Student ID# is nowhere to be seen.)

I was in (email) on 3/8, received letter via snail mail on 3/16. Still no news of any Scholarship yet... I'm getting really nervous, on my status check there are no other mails marked after Acceptance mail released... Guess I'm going to have to track down Hofstra student ID# by calling them in order to try for Financial aid.

Has anyone received any scholarship recently? Or are they not giving out scholarship anymore...? Maybe I just applied too late, and numbers aren't good enough... (3.40/158 here)

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby trialjunky » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:06 am

safoamerica1 wrote:
trialjunky wrote:Got in @ Hofstra :mrgreen: ! I wish I could have went to the admitted students forum in Miami. I may/may not be getting a scholarship. My status checker shows that it's sent out 2 more letters after the acceptance letter. Hopefully, they send me some money or I'll have to withdraw and go to UM instead. :?



I have the same thing on my staus checker about 2 more letters being sent. I still have not recieved anything after the acceptance letter. Could those possibly be scholly info?



I still haven't heard anything from them yet?!? I haven't gotten any schooly info so I am thinking this is the end for me with Hofstra. :( Dissapointed, I really was considering it. I love how nice everyone is. Oh well...Bienvenidos a Miami!

edit: spelling

User avatar
Lighthouse28
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:20 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby Lighthouse28 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 am

If it makes anyone feel better, I withdrew! So I hope someone on here gets my spot who wants it. :)

User avatar
acoon624
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby acoon624 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:18 am

Lighthouse28 wrote:If it makes anyone feel better, I withdrew! So I hope someone on here gets my spot who wants it. :)



Thanks everyone. Your loss (no offense) is my gain apparently. I just went from "file pending review" on 2/11 to "file with admissions committee" on 3/16. I just want to hear something soon.

User avatar
barrel_bra
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby barrel_bra » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:36 am

acoon624 wrote:
Lighthouse28 wrote:If it makes anyone feel better, I withdrew! So I hope someone on here gets my spot who wants it. :)



Thanks everyone. Your loss (no offense) is my gain apparently. I just went from "file pending review" on 2/11 to "file with admissions committee" on 3/16. I just want to hear something soon.



Who knows. Other posters on here said once they went to "File with Admissions Committee" they got their admissions decision within 7-10 days. I've been held at that spot since 2/25. Wait on, wait on.

User avatar
dibs
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby dibs » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:44 am

truth. i've been at "pending committee review" since march 5th. has only been 8 business days.

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby smartblonde87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:08 pm

hanabana wrote:Thanks for answering, smartblonde87. :) What did you mean by DL? Dean's letter? (cuz I got acceptance letter in big blue envelope, and Hofstra Student ID# is nowhere to be seen.)

I was in (email) on 3/8, received letter via snail mail on 3/16. Still no news of any Scholarship yet... I'm getting really nervous, on my status check there are no other mails marked after Acceptance mail released... Guess I'm going to have to track down Hofstra student ID# by calling them in order to try for Financial aid.

Has anyone received any scholarship recently? Or are they not giving out scholarship anymore...? Maybe I just applied too late, and numbers aren't good enough... (3.40/158 here)


I meant Decision Letter. There was also a letter from Dean Demleitner welcoming me to the school, and a hand-written note mentioning my study program. Hmm, I dunno why you haven't gotten anything about the Hofstra ID. It may be in the letter with financial information, but I thought mine all came together.
Last edited by smartblonde87 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rossrobert
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby rossrobert » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Yeah, I don't understand my application has been there since 2/22 and my status has been " file pending committee review" since 3/1. However, I just submitted Cardozo last week and today it says " complete and in review."

IS this a bad sign that they haven't even look at my application yet and its almost a month later?

User avatar
dibs
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby dibs » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:52 pm

i think they are at least a week behind in updating their tracker. my status didn't change to "pending committee reivew" until march 12th. however the date of the status change is march 5th.

if that's the case i'm guessing there is a 2-week lag between when we find out our actual status and when that status has been decided.

b.j.
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby b.j. » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:59 pm

rossrobert wrote:Yeah, I don't understand my application has been there since 2/22 and my status has been " file pending committee review" since 3/1. However, I just submitted Cardozo last week and today it says " complete and in review."

IS this a bad sign that they haven't even look at my application yet and its almost a month later?


My application is supposedly still being processed at Cardozo. It's been like that since 2/22. I am just about to send them an e-mail asking what's up.

User avatar
barrel_bra
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby barrel_bra » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:28 am

b.j. wrote:
rossrobert wrote:Yeah, I don't understand my application has been there since 2/22 and my status has been " file pending committee review" since 3/1. However, I just submitted Cardozo last week and today it says " complete and in review."

IS this a bad sign that they haven't even look at my application yet and its almost a month later?


My application is supposedly still being processed at Cardozo. It's been like that since 2/22. I am just about to send them an e-mail asking what's up.



This is a thread for Hofstra Law, not Cardozo.

Thanks

rossrobert
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby rossrobert » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:11 pm

Now I am getting nervous, my status changed today and my application is now the admissions committee. I really hope I get in.

How long does it usually take for a decision to be made?

User avatar
barrel_bra
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby barrel_bra » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:30 pm

rossrobert wrote:Now I am getting nervous, my status changed today and my application is now the admissions committee. I really hope I get in.

How long does it usually take for a decision to be made?



Mine has been with the admissions committee since 2/25, but others on here say 7-10 days. Who knows.

Good Luck

rossrobert
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Hofstra 2013

Postby rossrobert » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:37 pm

Thanks, you too.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, hwwong, Kimmysradscreenname and 3 guests