University of San Francisco

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
tadams86
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby tadams86 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:29 pm

aartelt wrote:
nicknml wrote:Of the 3/25 DR anyone receive their email?



Nothing yet...


Same here

nicknml
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby nicknml » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:31 pm

Ahhhh F*** the suspense!

aartelt
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:07 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby aartelt » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:38 pm

Would an email have come by now, if we were accepted?

Yea, seriously though, the suspense is killer... this is my number 1.

nicknml
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby nicknml » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Ya...the fact that no one has come here to celebrate gives me hope but all in all I feel like a rejection is on the way...

User avatar
tadams86
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby tadams86 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:52 pm

ha! that is the first thing I did this morning, come here and check to see if someone had posted about it!

nicknml
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby nicknml » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:12 pm

lol i think i've refreshed my email and this page enough times this hour...good luck all!

User avatar
the_rad_trad
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby the_rad_trad » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:53 pm

DR 3/24. No email. 2.9/161. URM. Prepping for WL.

nicknml
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby nicknml » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Damn...maybe emails didn't go out this batch? heh

User avatar
barrel_bra
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby barrel_bra » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:52 pm

Wait-Listed today via snail mail. DR 3/25

aartelt
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:07 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby aartelt » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:56 pm

barrel_bra wrote:Wait-Listed today via snail mail. DR 3/25


You already received a letter? Where are you located?

moe
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby moe » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:00 pm

waitlisted via snail mail also... whomp whomp whomp!

DR 3/24

angela
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:14 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby angela » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:42 am

my decision was rendered on the 24th and I did not receive an email, but rather a letter by mail (i live in sf). i got wait listed and i am pretty sure that if you receive an acceptance at this point in the game, the school emails you and sends a letter as schools have been recently doing this, including usf. best of luck to u all!

User avatar
barrel_bra
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby barrel_bra » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:56 am

aartelt wrote:
barrel_bra wrote:Wait-Listed today via snail mail. DR 3/25


You already received a letter? Where are you located?



Manhattan

nicknml
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby nicknml » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:44 pm

manhattan beach?

CTPhIst
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:00 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby CTPhIst » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:53 pm

Got accepted here a week ago (3.2/161). Applied kinda as a safety for Cali and I don't know much about it. Can anyone give me the lowdown on the school's reputation?

User avatar
Androo630
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:10 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby Androo630 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:14 am

For the people who were waitlisted, if you don't mind, may you please post your numbers? Thanks.

User avatar
barrel_bra
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby barrel_bra » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:09 am

Androo630 wrote:For the people who were waitlisted, if you don't mind, may you please post your numbers? Thanks.



3.5/164 YP?

Norwood
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby Norwood » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Is anyone participating in the Summer Bridge Program/Academic Support Program? Just wondering if anyone has any information on this since their website and information packet didn't really explain much besides that a $3,500 - $8,500 grant will be provided. Any idea about the hours or involvment that's required?

User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby oberlin08 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:51 am

Norwood wrote:Is anyone participating in the Summer Bridge Program/Academic Support Program? Just wondering if anyone has any information on this since their website and information packet didn't really explain much besides that a $3,500 - $8,500 grant will be provided. Any idea about the hours or involvment that's required?



Would like to know about this more too

NeedAdviceNow
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby NeedAdviceNow » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Got my WL today DR 3/24 (I live across the country). I have a star sticker on my letter and they said they were impressed with my application. Do they do this to everybody who they wailist?

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby km23 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:42 pm

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby upfish » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:30 pm

km23 wrote:
NeedAdviceNow wrote:Got my WL today DR 3/24 (I live across the country). I have a star sticker on my letter and they said they were impressed with my application. Do they do this to everybody who they wailist?


I got a WL in February and it also had a star sticker. Not sure what it means though.


I got a red star stamped on mine? It's not a sticker, but. And mine says "impressed w/" too; I think they are just letting us down easy.

User avatar
barrel_bra
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby barrel_bra » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:32 pm

upfish wrote:
km23 wrote:
NeedAdviceNow wrote:Got my WL today DR 3/24 (I live across the country). I have a star sticker on my letter and they said they were impressed with my application. Do they do this to everybody who they wailist?


I got a WL in February and it also had a star sticker. Not sure what it means though.


I got a red star stamped on mine? It's not a sticker, but. And mine says "impressed w/" too; I think they are just letting us down easy.


+1

legaleagles
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby legaleagles » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:34 pm

WL for FT division via regular mail 3/27...

Does it matter when you respond if you're willing to accept PT division or not? Will they automatically skip over your review for FT?

Norwood
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby Norwood » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:07 pm

oberlin08 wrote:
Norwood wrote:Is anyone participating in the Summer Bridge Program/Academic Support Program? Just wondering if anyone has any information on this since their website and information packet didn't really explain much besides that a $3,500 - $8,500 grant will be provided. Any idea about the hours or involvment that's required?



Would like to know about this more too


I just spoke to the Co-Director of ASP this morning and the experience was awesome. She was very nice and welcoming as she explained the advantages of the program.

Some brief information:
-The Summer Bridge Program goes from 9am to 3pm 5 days a week for 3 weeks in July
-Half the day is dedicated to mini courses which are held exactly like real classes. The other half is law school preparation stuff such as note taking, outlining, how to study for exams, etc.
-A grant is provided at the conclusion of the program and an opportunity to apply for add'l grants are offered during the program
-Typically 30-40 students are invited by the Director to participate in ASP
-ASP continues throughout the year with tutorial hours with an assigned 2L and course specific prep sessions are held weekly
-Students are allowed to dedicate as much or as little time as they want

I got a very positive vibe from meeting with the Director and a 1L currently in the ASP. The 1L said the course prep sessions were extremely helpful since it will give you a heads up on what to expect on the exams and how to study for them. She also said it made forming study groups and networks so much easier. What I found really appealing was how they both promoted the program as a "family" sort of environment where they watch out for each other. After learning more about ASP it certainly has made me feel a lot more comfortable as an incoming 1L knowing I will be offered this sort of support.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mm2368, tinafeyclone and 7 guests