University of San Francisco

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Norwood
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby Norwood » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:34 pm

USF's been quiet with decisions lately huh? Same with McGeorge... Geez why has does it have to be the two schools I'm dying to hear from! Been complete at both since 1/11.

Seems like a lot of people around and even way after my complete date have already rcv'd their decision... should I be worried?

presdiogal
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:54 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby presdiogal » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:38 pm

I have been complete since early November and didn't receive my decision till yesterday. My status was updated on Tuesday as DR and then I got my acceptance email yesterday. I applied PT.

User avatar
barrel_bra
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby barrel_bra » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Norwood wrote:USF's been quiet with decisions lately huh? Same with McGeorge... Geez why has does it have to be the two schools I'm dying to hear from! Been complete at both since 1/11.

Seems like a lot of people around and even way after my complete date have already rcv'd their decision... should I be worried?



Been complete since earl/mid January. On 2/17 the status still read "File Complete", but the date changed from 1/13 to 2/17. The dates change anytime the file is pulled, so if you see this happen, it could mean it's in review, or waiting to be reviewed.

User avatar
the_rad_trad
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:33 pm

"Complete" status date change from 2/9 to 2/18. Guess it's IR. Haven't had any good news yet, hoping this one will be.

User avatar
tadams86
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby tadams86 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:36 pm

I went complete on 2/18, and my status checker changed to 3/1. Who knows what they are doing, I wish they would hurry, the anticipation is killing me!

aartelt
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:07 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby aartelt » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:18 am

presdiogal wrote:I have been complete since early November and didn't receive my decision till yesterday. My status was updated on Tuesday as DR and then I got my acceptance email yesterday. I applied PT.


What were your numbers, if you dont mind me asking. I am waiting to hear back about PT as well. Been complete since 2/4.

User avatar
Zaraa
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby Zaraa » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:31 pm

Waitlisted at USF via mail. :-( Applied FT. DM - March 9.

I'm well within their numbers from previous years. Makes me think they'll have to rely heavily on their waitlist group for enrollments if they are this optimistic with their first round of admissions.

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby upfish » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:07 pm

Waitlisted via mail that came in on Saturday, dated 3/10. PDF'd them my waitlist form and keeping my fingers permanently crossed. :?

Norwood
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby Norwood » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Zaraa wrote:Waitlisted at USF via mail. :-( Applied FT. DM - March 9.

I'm well within their numbers from previous years. Makes me think they'll have to rely heavily on their waitlist group for enrollments if they are this optimistic with their first round of admissions.


It's shocking to look at USF's LSN graph and see all those yellow waitlist dots everywhere. Hopefully some of those yellows will turn into green triangles!

User avatar
foxyeconomist
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby foxyeconomist » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Norwood wrote:
Zaraa wrote:Waitlisted at USF via mail. :-( Applied FT. DM - March 9.

I'm well within their numbers from previous years. Makes me think they'll have to rely heavily on their waitlist group for enrollments if they are this optimistic with their first round of admissions.


It's shocking to look at USF's LSN graph and see all those yellow waitlist dots everywhere. Hopefully some of those yellows will turn into green triangles!

Withdrew today via email. I hope this makes room for a yellow dot.

JohnnyDarko
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby JohnnyDarko » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:01 pm

DR today.

Norwood
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby Norwood » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:54 pm

JohnnyDarko wrote:DR today.


Decision Rendered today also... Hoping to dodge the trendy wait list.

Did you apply to the PT program?

JohnnyDarko
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby JohnnyDarko » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:25 pm

In. Just got the email. FT program.

Norwood
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby Norwood » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:48 pm

In via email!!!!!!!

One of my top 2 choices! 85% sure I'll be attending though!

User avatar
cwkenneth
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:00 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby cwkenneth » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:09 pm

In via email PT program. Went complete on March 9th. Fast decision!

I took LSAT in feb for the first tine so I was too late to apply to their FT program.
Stats - 3.51 GPA 160 LSAT

does the acceptence email say anything about scholarship info? Mine did not. Does this mean I am not getting scholarship $.

User avatar
phoenix323
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby phoenix323 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:03 pm

In via e-mail and status checker (DR) this afternoon! First acceptance in my home state!

Anyone know what the scholarship situation is looking like?

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

User avatar
phoenix323
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby phoenix323 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:16 pm

cwkenneth wrote:In via email PT program. Went complete on March 9th. Fast decision!

I took LSAT in feb for the first tine so I was too late to apply to their FT program.
Stats - 3.51 GPA 160 LSAT

does the acceptence email say anything about scholarship info? Mine did not. Does this mean I am not getting scholarship $.


My email said that scholarship information would be included in the official acceptance package that is in the mail.

hth and congrats!

User avatar
ToadGoDead
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:09 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby ToadGoDead » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:45 am

Norwood wrote:In via email!!!!!!!

One of my top 2 choices! 85% sure I'll be attending though!



i think i will def. be attending as well... wish they would have given me some bling bling though

samham22
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:30 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby samham22 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:37 am

In via e-mail 3/16

Application went complete first week of Feb. (2/4?)

Barring some unexpected scholarship $ I think I will have to withdraw...5 higher ranked schools in the area + saturated market + 150k or more in debt = very risky...

Anyone on here looking at paying sticker/close to sticker for USF? And may I ask why?? I'd like to know because I absolutely love the city of San Francisco and would love living here for 3+ years...

User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby oberlin08 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:59 am

samham22 wrote:In via e-mail 3/16

Application went complete first week of Feb. (2/4?)

Barring some unexpected scholarship $ I think I will have to withdraw...5 higher ranked schools in the area + saturated market + 150k or more in debt = very risky...

Anyone on here looking at paying sticker/close to sticker for USF? And may I ask why?? I'd like to know because I absolutely love the city of San Francisco and would love living here for 3+ years...



I was thinking the same. I LOVE SF, however, it seems really really risky. I could pay the same (sticker) at a place like Seattle U, and not be in as much of a saturated market, pay less for Cost of Living, and be in as cool of a city. USF isn't totally out though, just my recent thoughts on it all.

User avatar
cwkenneth
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:00 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby cwkenneth » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:08 pm

phoenix323 wrote:My email said that scholarship information would be included in the official acceptance package that is in the mail.

hth and congrats!
phoenix323 wrote:
cwkenneth wrote:In via email PT program. Went complete on March 9th. Fast decision!

I took LSAT in feb for the first tine so I was too late to apply to their FT program.
Stats - 3.51 GPA 160 LSAT

does the acceptence email say anything about scholarship info? Mine did not. Does this mean I am not getting scholarship $.


My email said that scholarship information would be included in the official acceptance package that is in the mail.

hth and congrats!


Oh I see... They say scholarship info is coming in the package they mail you. This information is found at the bottom of the acceptance email.

Thanks

User avatar
cwkenneth
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:00 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby cwkenneth » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:10 pm

oberlin08 wrote:
samham22 wrote:In via e-mail 3/16

Application went complete first week of Feb. (2/4?)

Barring some unexpected scholarship $ I think I will have to withdraw...5 higher ranked schools in the area + saturated market + 150k or more in debt = very risky...

Anyone on here looking at paying sticker/close to sticker for USF? And may I ask why?? I'd like to know because I absolutely love the city of San Francisco and would love living here for 3+ years...



I was thinking the same. I LOVE SF, however, it seems really really risky. I could pay the same (sticker) at a place like Seattle U, and not be in as much of a saturated market, pay less for Cost of Living, and be in as cool of a city. USF isn't totally out though, just my recent thoughts on it all.


I couldn't agree more with this statement. SF = very saturated market + near one of the most expensive COL in the country. Seattle seems to be a better option in terms of a return on investment.

star10
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby star10 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:45 pm

I was thinking the same thing as you guys...

I love SF...I've always wanted to live there BUUUUT don't want to be saddled down with unmanageable debt and questionable job prospects. Lots of USF grads do well for themselves but in my eyes it's a gamble.

I didn't get any $$$ (which is a bummer bc according to last years LSN I would have gotten around 19K) so this is definitely something I have thought long and hard about. This decision was made even more difficult by visiting the school a few weeks ago. I LOVED it...the facilities were great, the staff was friendly and seemed to know what they were talking about, and overall I felt really comfortable there.

Still the debt is really scary and as much as I love SF, pending any scholarship reconsideration, I'll probably be in Sacramento at McGeorge. Not as exciting but heck of a lot cheaper!

User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby oberlin08 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:19 pm

Did you guys just get an email containing your USF Email Address? this going to law school thing is actually becoming more and more real everyday

azb
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby azb » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:51 pm

oberlin08 wrote:Did you guys just get an email containing your USF Email Address? this going to law school thing is actually becoming more and more real everyday


I felt the same way too....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, Dodocogon, Long shot hero, mike90018, potatocowpower, Purple Post It Note and 13 guests