University of San Francisco

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rossoneri13

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby rossoneri13 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:36 am

DonnyMost wrote:Waitlist letter finally arrived at my old mailing address, so the current tenant told me.

Hilarious part is that it took 8 days to get here... but I moved last weekend, so I don't actually have physical possession of the letter ... and the deadline to send it back is 6 days away... so.. apparently I'm gonna have to send this thing back with Doc Brown in the Delorean if I want to make it on time.

You can fax or email it.

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:24 am

anthonyc350 wrote:meh, just not my kind of city :)

Is it possible that it came through in the application? Just asking, even though it sounds like you're not disappointed.

shanoodle

Postby shanoodle » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:20 pm

DonnyMost wrote:Waitlist letter finally arrived at my old mailing address, so the current tenant told me.

Hilarious part is that it took 8 days to get here... but I moved last weekend, so I don't actually have physical possession of the letter ... and the deadline to send it back is 6 days away... so.. apparently I'm gonna have to send this thing back with Doc Brown in the Delorean if I want to make it on time.

Love this.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:26 pm

rossoneri13 wrote:

You can fax or email it.

I'd gladly do that, if I had the letter...

Norwood

Postby Norwood » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:28 pm

I believe he means you can just fax or email a letter you drafted personally stating you would like to remain on the waitlist. Try emailing usf to explain the situation that you can't get a hold of the official letter and that you would like to remain on the waitlist.

I doubt the school will be super strict about needing their official response letter back. Better yet just give them a call.

rossoneri13

Postby rossoneri13 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:08 pm

I'd assume any email would be a fine, but as someone else mentioned, it would probably be best to call them and explain your situation.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:49 pm

Lucky me, the dude who received the letter emailed me a PDF of it and I was able to fill it out, scan it, and email it in.

Thanks, Doc, but I got this one covered.

shanoodle

Postby shanoodle » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:54 pm

DonnyMost wrote:Lucky me, the dude who received the letter emailed me a PDF of it and I was able to fill it out, scan it, and email it in.

Thanks, Doc, but I got this one covered.

Yessssss

ToadGoDead

Postby ToadGoDead » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:09 am

im rather annoyed i received no $$$$ from USF... 37k a year is a tall order for USF

azgirl22

Postby azgirl22 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:53 pm

My status is currently "Application Complete" but for my secondary email they have assigned me a USF email address. Anyone else? What does this mean? Anything?

atparks

Postby atparks » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:33 pm

azgirl22 wrote:My status is currently "Application Complete" but for my secondary email they have assigned me a USF email address. Anyone else? What does this mean? Anything?

They do that to everyone.

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:39 pm

atparks wrote:
azgirl22 wrote:My status is currently "Application Complete" but for my secondary email they have assigned me a USF email address. Anyone else? What does this mean? Anything?

They do that to everyone.

Mine hasn't changed to a USF email address. Maybe there is some significance to it.

Either way, good luck!

haylie

Postby haylie » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:30 pm

I received a USF email too.. doesn't mean anything. Some go it, some don't. I was wait-listed. But there are wait-listed students who never received a USF email.

roguey

Postby roguey » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:35 pm

I just got an email about a 26k scholarship, but it's not renewable... that's kind of a drag. It almost kept me from sending in my withdrawal letter tomorrow until I saw the non-renewable part.

amorfati42

Postby amorfati42 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Decision Rendered on 3/5... no email, expecting a waitlist.

lawman2010

Postby lawman2010 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:57 pm

roguey wrote:I just got an email about a 26k scholarship, but it's not renewable... that's kind of a drag. It almost kept me from sending in my withdrawal letter tomorrow until I saw the non-renewable part.

Non-renewable? I didn't know they do that? Are you sure?

JohnnyDarko

Postby JohnnyDarko » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Been "application complete" for almost a month. Date has changed a few times. For those with decisions: did your status change to under review before your decision or just stay at app complete? thanks

rossoneri13

Postby rossoneri13 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:33 pm

JohnnyDarko wrote:Been "application complete" for almost a month. Date has changed a few times. For those with decisions: did your status change to under review before your decision or just stay at app complete? thanks

I went straight to decision rendered.

roguey

Postby roguey » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:24 am

lawman2010 wrote:
roguey wrote:I just got an email about a 26k scholarship, but it's not renewable... that's kind of a drag. It almost kept me from sending in my withdrawal letter tomorrow until I saw the non-renewable part.

Non-renewable? I didn't know they do that? Are you sure?

I know... it's kinda weird. Here is what the email said:

"On behalf of Dean Jeffrey S. Brand and the Admissions Committee, I am pleased to inform you the you have been awarded a Merit Plus Scholarship. As a Merit Plus Scholar, you will receive $26,000, half of which will be applied each semester toward your tuition. This scholarship is for the first year only and is not renewable."

I feel like pouting.

erniesto

Postby erniesto » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:27 pm

You can pretty much expect to be waitlisted at USF if you have below a 3.1 OR a 159 unless you have a stellar opposite number. Being that number centric of a school is kind of off putting, at least for me, but I guess they have to have their priorities.

It looks like there's a good chance you'll get in after April 1st. Though I would imagine by then it'll be too late for USF and you'll have an acceptance with decent scholarship money or in a much higher ranked school. :lol:

I guess USF is for Frisco diehards who can't get into Hastings or Berkley.

barrel_bra

Postby barrel_bra » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:38 pm

JohnnyDarko wrote:Been "application complete" for almost a month. Date has changed a few times. For those with decisions: did your status change to under review before your decision or just stay at app complete? thanks

My date changed 2 or times while complete, probably meant it was complete and holding and then went into review on the date change.

BruinsFan

Postby BruinsFan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Sent in my withdraw today... hopefully one of you can have my spot!

and I agree, I think they're being overly hopeful with their admissions!

angela

Postby angela » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:04 am

erniesto wrote:You can pretty much expect to be waitlisted at USF if you have below a 3.1 OR a 159 unless you have a stellar opposite number. Being that number centric of a school is kind of off putting, at least for me, but I guess they have to have their priorities.

It looks like there's a good chance you'll get in after April 1st. Though I would imagine by then it'll be too late for USF and you'll have an acceptance with decent scholarship money or in a much higher ranked school. :lol:

I guess USF is for Frisco diehards who can't get into Hastings or Berkley.

I was wondering where you got those numbers from. Thanks

erniesto

Postby erniesto » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:34 pm

rough estimates from lawschoolnumbers.com

roguey

Postby roguey » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:03 am

I just mailed in my withdrawal today... I was offered 27k for the first year only... so hopefully someone else gets that :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”