University of San Francisco

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Great Satchmo

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby Great Satchmo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:52 pm

erniesto wrote:
Great Satchmo wrote:
erniesto wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:I sense some anger...

Anger at Florida Coastal for declining my offer: DAMN STRAIGHT.

Anger at USF: Not really. Honestly, given my numbers and background I really think it could be a mix of increased apps + YP. I might go with a decent scholarship and just to say I went to the same school as Acosta. San Francisco is a plus. (But you do have to look at USF for what it is)

Anger at TLS posters for giving what looks like mostly unreferenced, unqualified opinions: Mostly disappointment. We're college graduates (I think?).

Anger at you for sensing anger: SUPER PISSED. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Haha.

Well, anyway, it sounds like your stats should have gotten you in to USF, especially with a 75% scholly at NYLS. As much as we exclaim that "X lsat, and X.X GPA make you auto-admit", while we have the "oh, my softs and PS will make me special and get me in despite my numbers".....we also forget that sometimes people get rejected/WL'd that should otherwise be in. Just how it goes.

I can't wait to figure out what I'm doing and get the hell off of TLS. Although there is a lot of support and information here, I've found it be a hotbed of elitist assholes concerned with nothing more than imagined prestige. I know the profession is full of that, but in the real world I can actually compete.

Best of luck to ya!

GoodToBeTheKing

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:11 pm

well it's official, i received my waitlist letter in the mail... i most likely will be drafting an LOCI this weekend. the letter says I have two weeks to respond... did everyone else get the same deadline?

hans3n

Postby hans3n » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:26 pm

GoodToBeTheKing wrote:well it's official, i received my waitlist letter in the mail... i most likely will be drafting an LOCI this weekend. the letter says I have two weeks to respond... did everyone else get the same deadline?

Im just sending in the form they put in the letter. Dont think I will do an LOCI. Isnt it the same thing essentially?

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:29 pm

hans3n wrote:
GoodToBeTheKing wrote:well it's official, i received my waitlist letter in the mail... i most likely will be drafting an LOCI this weekend. the letter says I have two weeks to respond... did everyone else get the same deadline?

Im just sending in the form they put in the letter. Dont think I will do an LOCI. Isnt it the same thing essentially?

What does the response letter include?

Depending on what it's asking, it may be an idea to send in a LOCI with that form.

KraftEZ

Postby KraftEZ » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:06 pm

Got my waitlist letter today.

Already got accepted to Lewis & Clark so I'll probably will fill in the form just for the heck of it w/out LOCI.

oberlin08

Postby oberlin08 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:33 pm

anyone from SF or familiar enough with the city, any insight would be much appreciated...viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107670&view=viewpoll

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Current Status: Application Complete
Current Status Date: 2/12/2010

Yesterday, the Current status date said 2/9

Anybody know what that means? Is it like decision rendered?

I hate waiting... :cry:
Last edited by phoenix323 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

azb

Postby azb » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:42 pm

phoenix323 wrote:Current Status: Application Complete

I completely understand you. I have the same issue with few schools I have applied. My Status for University of San Francisco changed to Feb. 4th from late november, but have not heard anything ! I know for some school it means second review.

GoodToBeTheKing

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:23 am

azb wrote:
phoenix323 wrote:Current Status: Application Complete

I completely understand you. I have the same issue with few schools I have applied. My Status for University of San Francisco changed to Feb. 4th from late november, but have not heard anything ! I know for some school it means second review.

it is an internal thing that they do at USF... it does not mean anything more than when they last looked at your file.

lawman2010

Postby lawman2010 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:32 pm

Time to join this thread. Received Dean's Scholarship ($27K per year) and USF is now seriously in play for me.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:19 pm

Went complete Jan 15... still idling there... not even in review :\

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:12 am

Hows wait list life at USF treating all of you?

I got rejected to Loyola today a great boost of confidence.

supersixtwo

Postby supersixtwo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:15 am

I received my waitlisted letter today (along with Michigan State and Hofstra). The letter was dated 02/08/2010.

millieb

Postby millieb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:46 am

lawman2010 wrote:Time to join this thread. Received Dean's Scholarship ($27K per year) and USF is now seriously in play for me.

Do you mind sharing your numbers? Or PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

rockababy123

Postby rockababy123 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:21 am

millieb wrote:
lawman2010 wrote:Time to join this thread. Received Dean's Scholarship ($27K per year) and USF is now seriously in play for me.

Do you mind sharing your numbers? Or PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

I'm also curious, thanks!

presdiogal

Postby presdiogal » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:54 am

oberlin08 wrote:anyone from SF or familiar enough with the city, any insight would be much appreciated...viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107670&view=viewpoll

I have lived without a car in both SF and Chicago. And, you can definitely do it. Complaints about the public transportation in any city are ubiquitous and expected...I would take any negative comments about the public trans in SF with a grain of salt, so to speak.

Parking in SF is as bad as any other congested city, unless you live on the outskirts, and parking spots will run you $175-$200 a month. Street cleaning tickets are, unfortunately, inevitable, no matter how diligent you are. The buses and rail cars do cover the entire city and you can rely upon them entirely. Taxis here are difficult, though - not nearly as available as I experienced in Chicago. Usually you have to call to get a cab. The BART runs to East Bay, Ferries and Golden Gate Transit go to North Bay and Caltrain runs to South Bay.

Though, it is really nice to have one, because of great surrounding areas for hiking, wine tasting, surfing, etc. Much easier to have a Saturday hiking in the headlands when you have a vehicle.

foxyeconomist

Postby foxyeconomist » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:47 pm

Status just updated to DR. I hope the letter comes with an acceptance and some money.

azb

Postby azb » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:58 pm

foxyeconomist wrote:Status just updated to DR. I hope the letter comes with an acceptance and some money.

My decision was mailed yesterday.

hans3n

Postby hans3n » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:12 pm

If you send in your wait-list response form, and you are later accepted, do you automatically have to attend USF? I doubt this is the case, but the wording in an email they sent made me question this.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 pm

hans3n wrote:If you send in your wait-list response form, and you are later accepted, do you automatically have to attend USF? I doubt this is the case, but the wording in an email they sent made me question this.

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:40 pm

hans3n wrote:If you send in your wait-list response form, and you are later accepted, do you automatically have to attend USF? I doubt this is the case, but the wording in an email they sent made me question this.

If that picture wasn't clear:

Unless there is language binding you to matriculation (I'll be $20, literally, on it not being there), you're fine.

The response, I believe, is to avoid going through the automatic placement on a waitlist to only have a handful of those people immediately withdraw. This way they keep the waitlist for the people who actually have enough interest to mail a letter.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:13 pm

No, you just have to make your decision on the spot. You do not have the luxury of weighing your options like folks that are admitted normally.

cogito2010

Postby cogito2010 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:27 pm

Status tracker date changed for completion from 2/02 to 2/17. Thoughts? Significance?

azb

Postby azb » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:31 pm

cogito2010 wrote:Status tracker date changed for completion from 2/02 to 2/17. Thoughts? Significance?

I got an acceptance email one day after my status checker changed. have not got the package yet.
good Luck

azb

Postby azb » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:31 pm

cogito2010 wrote:Status tracker date changed for completion from 2/02 to 2/17. Thoughts? Significance?

I got an acceptance email one day after my status checker changed. have not got the package yet.
good Luck

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”