University of San Francisco

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
km23

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby km23 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:08 pm

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Norwood

Postby Norwood » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Did they give a date when they will reevaluate your application or go to the waitlist? Do you guys think a LOCI will be more effective closer to the deadline or immediately after being WL?

km23

Postby km23 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:19 pm

Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

haylie

Postby haylie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:02 pm

sigh. waitlisted :(

it holds true - we are the inaugural 2010 waitlisted batch! CHEERS! :D

GoodToBeTheKing

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:08 pm

Well now it seems like my waitlist letter is in my mailbox. Work needs to end!

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:33 pm

I am thinking about visiting...I hate the part of the letter that says you can be notified on August 2nd...

kgb49

Postby kgb49 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Did anybody got a rejection letter during this batch?

justlove16

Postby justlove16 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:47 pm

km23 wrote:
Norwood wrote:Did they give a date when they will reevaluate your application or go to the waitlist? Do you guys think a LOCI will be more effective closer to the deadline or immediately after being WL?

They said they will start looking at the waitlist after the first seat deposit on April something. I live close to SF so I am going to try and go to a campus tour and speak with the admissions office before the deadline. I think I will send a LOCI the last week of March.

Best idea I've heard. Alan is a great guy, really friendly and loves helping students out. If anyone who was waitlisted has a chance to visit and talk to him, and personally bring a LOCI, it will definitely help your cause. I met Alan during the Spring open house and he remembered me on the first day of class.

txelle

Postby txelle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:40 am

oh no! well, I guess I can expect a WL in my mailbox tomorrow...

GoodToBeTheKing

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:56 am

Nothing besides junk mail and a post card from Whittier law school in my mailbox today. I live in LA, so I guess tomorrow I should be receiving my decision from usf

Norwood

Postby Norwood » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:12 am

For all the PT waitlistees,

WL isn't the end of the world, it may be sort of normal for USF having a very small PT class (~60?) and the increase in applications this year. Probably want to feel out the rest of the pool. also, it may be a good thing that USF only gives you an option for FT or PT, so hopefully all the people who applied PT as a safety will withdraw if they hear from a FT school elsewhere.

Just providing some hope i guess. good luck to y'all!

ahk!

Postby ahk! » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:37 am

GoodToBeTheKing wrote:Nothing besides junk mail and a post card from Whittier law school in my mailbox today. I live in LA, so I guess tomorrow I should be receiving my decision from usf

it's good to know that it wasn't just my mailbox with nothin' but a whittier postcard and a vons circular

secretasianman

Postby secretasianman » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:39 am

is USF T3 now? i looked on LSN on USNWR's ranking and USF dropped out of the top 100. is that the updated list?

km23

Postby km23 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:50 am

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Norwood

Postby Norwood » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:32 am

secretasianman wrote:is USF T3 now? i looked on LSN on USNWR's ranking and USF dropped out of the top 100. is that the updated list?

USF is 98th in the 2010 USNWR which is the most recent, so LSN is outdated. New rankings will be out around April/May I think.

GoodToBeTheKing

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:53 am

ahk! wrote:
GoodToBeTheKing wrote:Nothing besides junk mail and a post card from Whittier law school in my mailbox today. I live in LA, so I guess tomorrow I should be receiving my decision from usf

it's good to know that it wasn't just my mailbox with nothin' but a whittier postcard and a vons circular

such a waste of paper... if I ever end up in a legislative branch I will do what I can to make junk mail illegal! Vote for me!

txelle

Postby txelle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:51 pm

The WL letter finally made it to my mailbox. I'll be taking my name off the list though. Good luck to everyone!

hans3n

Postby hans3n » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:16 pm

I knew I was going to get my letter in the mail today (I got DR 2/8 and live close), and so I opened my mailbox, saw a huge envelope with my name on it that resembled the exact size of my denver acceptance, and got kinda excited.......then........I freaking saw "Florida International University"....I proceeded to flip through the mail and finally saw the small waitlist letter from USF. I was so pissed!!!! lol I think it's about time to change my LSAC preferences so I don't get random law school mail.

The exact same thing happened to me with FIU and another school on the same day, 2 big packets in the mail. I thought it was something good, but then I turned them over and was like, awww man. How do you change your LSAC preferences to not get those?

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:41 pm

Is anyone here being harassed by Florida Coastal University?

Temka

Postby Temka » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:06 pm

jarofsoup wrote:Is anyone here being harassed by Florida Coastal University?

Yes! It is quite annoying. " Did you get my last message about the scholarship offer?" Yes and I dont want it, now leave me alone!

erniesto

Postby erniesto » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:04 pm

I kept getting the 15k scholarship spam e-mail. I eventually replied with a counter proposal to make LSAC's $12 fee worth it. Full Tuition (30k), plus a stipend to make up for the 24/7 Jacksonville Swamp butt - which is actually equivalent to the offer I received from NYLS. They graciously declined my offer and I expect I won't hear from them again.

ANYWAYS: I'm on the USF WL club too. Too bad I'm already in at the similarly ranked NYLS with 75% scholly, as well as L+C. And I really only applied there because Oscar Zeta Acosta was an alumnus.

You really have to ask yourself: Is going to a law school ranked 98, in the Bay area (with the toilet that is CA's economy), costing 36k a year, with a 20% attrition rate, and not known to have a great endowment a great career move?

Also, I hate all the uncited info floating around here: http://officialguide.lsac.org/SearchRes ... BA4850.pdf

ahk!

Postby ahk! » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:10 pm

got the waitlist letter today :roll:

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:17 pm

erniesto wrote:

I kept getting the 15k scholarship spam e-mail. I eventually replied with a counter proposal to make LSAC's $12 fee worth it. Full Tuition (30k), plus a stipend to make up for the 24/7 Jacksonville Swamp butt - which is actually equivalent to the offer I received from NYLS. They graciously declined my offer and I expect I won't hear from them again.

ANYWAYS: I'm on the USF WL club too. Too bad I'm already in at the similarly ranked NYLS with 75% scholly, as well as L+C. And I really only applied there because Oscar Zeta Acosta was an alumnus.

You really have to ask yourself: Is going to a law school ranked 98, in the Bay area (with the toilet that is CA's economy), costing 36k a year, with a 20% attrition rate, and not known to have a great endowment a great career move?

Also, I hate all the uncited info floating around here: http://officialguide.lsac.org/SearchRes ... BA4850.pdf

I sense some anger...

hans3n

Postby hans3n » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:18 pm

I got my "Double u- L" letter today too. Does anyone remember if there was room on their app to list all the other schools you applied to? If so, I think listing the 10+ schools I was also applying to is possibly the reason I am WL?

erniesto

Postby erniesto » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:
erniesto wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:I sense some anger...

Anger at Florida Coastal for declining my offer: DAMN STRAIGHT.

Anger at USF: Not really. Honestly, given my numbers and background I really think it could be a mix of increased apps + YP. I might go with a decent scholarship and just to say I went to the same school as Acosta. San Francisco is a plus. (But you do have to look at USF for what it is)

Anger at TLS posters for giving what looks like mostly unreferenced, unqualified opinions: Mostly disappointment. We're college graduates (I think?).

Anger at you for sensing anger: SUPER PISSED. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”