University of San Francisco

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby oberlin08 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Did anyone here who got in get their decision via status checker? or was it only via email?

User avatar
Island Girl
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby Island Girl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:03 pm

oberlin08 wrote:Did anyone here who got in get their decision via status checker? or was it only via email?


It says "Decision Rendered" on status checker on the day you get accepted. I got the acceptance email a few days later.

User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby oberlin08 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Island Girl wrote:
oberlin08 wrote:Did anyone here who got in get their decision via status checker? or was it only via email?


It says "Decision Rendered" on status checker on the day you get accepted. I got the acceptance email a few days later.



I just got "Decision Rendered" today on status checker... I guess what I'm wondering is, do they put "Decision Rendered" For Rejects or Waitlists as well?

I applied for the FT Program.
Last edited by oberlin08 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlepiggie818
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby littlepiggie818 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:30 pm

I got Decision Rendered today as well. If I don't receive the email in a couple of days does that mean I'm rejected?

User avatar
ahk!
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 8:37 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby ahk! » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:00 pm

"Decision Rendered 2/8/2010"

User avatar
Island Girl
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby Island Girl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:16 pm

oberlin08 wrote:
Island Girl wrote:
oberlin08 wrote:Did anyone here who got in get their decision via status checker? or was it only via email?


It says "Decision Rendered" on status checker on the day you get accepted. I got the acceptance email a few days later.



I just got "Decision Rendered" today on status checker... I guess what I'm wondering is, do they put "Decision Rendered" For Rejects or Waitlists as well?


That I'm not quite sure of. But let's hope you get an acceptance email soon! I expect you'll also get something in the mail in the next few days, so you'll definitely know by then. Hope this helps!

BruinsFan
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby BruinsFan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Still Application Complete. Damn.

Temka
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby Temka » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:33 pm

oberlin08 wrote:
Island Girl wrote:
oberlin08 wrote:Did anyone here who got in get their decision via status checker? or was it only via email?


It says "Decision Rendered" on status checker on the day you get accepted. I got the acceptance email a few days later.



I just got "Decision Rendered" today on status checker... I guess what I'm wondering is, do they put "Decision Rendered" For Rejects or Waitlists as well?

+1

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby km23 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:01 pm

.
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby oberlin08 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:04 pm

Let's hope this is just the next round of acceptances!

User avatar
Island Girl
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby Island Girl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:10 pm

km23 wrote:Decision rendered. I applied part time for USF though (I'd have a job there). I am nervous!

Edit: Did accepted people's status checker also say the decision was mailed on the same day?


Yes. The dates on my checker match.

User avatar
hans3n
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:05 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby hans3n » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 pm

ahk! wrote:"Decision Rendered 2/8/2010"

+1
and, Decision Letter Mailed 02/08/2010

I am at about their median, and from what I have seen, medians dont usually get any scholarship money from USF. Anyone know different?

jarofsoup
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:27 pm

I got a decision rendered too today. I got rejected to Lewis and Clark on friday it would be nice if it was good news.

User avatar
ahk!
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 8:37 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby ahk! » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:37 pm

hans3n wrote:
ahk! wrote:"Decision Rendered 2/8/2010"

+1
and, Decision Letter Mailed 02/08/2010

I am at about their median, and from what I have seen, medians dont usually get any scholarship money from USF. Anyone know different?


+1

jarofsoup
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:41 pm

for those that got accepted what do admission packets look like in the mail????

User avatar
Great Satchmo
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby Great Satchmo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:47 pm

jarofsoup wrote:for those that got accepted what do admission packets look like in the mail????


Like most admissions packets: folder-sized packet (since it has a folder in it) with a USF emblem in a corner.

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby km23 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:51 pm

.
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MixedGirl2009
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:17 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby MixedGirl2009 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:59 pm

Anyone know if these guys negotiate? I didn't get money yet I might be dreaming to ask for a generous scholarship but I do have bargaining tools, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try..

User avatar
bayareadunks
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:34 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby bayareadunks » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:03 pm

bayareadunks wrote:Got the acceptance like...a week ago? Info is in profile. It was my first acceptance...I hope everyone else hears good news from USF too!!!


oops posted this in the wrong USF forum...

jarofsoup wrote:for those that got accepted what do admission packets look like in the mail????


Umm nothing incredibly special from what I can remember. Nice letter that should have some reference to financial award in it...a few other papers...that's about it.

star10
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby star10 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:33 pm

I was right about at their median as well and when I got accepted in December, I got $0. I was pretty disappointed and prepared to bargain, but got shot down by Dean Guerrero after the first email. He was nice about it and said that if I would like, they could reevaluate my file in April when they know if more money is available. It didn't seem too promising though....

Hope that helps?

User avatar
GoodToBeTheKing
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:54 pm

decision rendered today too... lots of us are decision rendered... i wonder what this means??? maybe we are the second batch of acceptances???? i hope so!!! i applied PT and I noticed on LSN that no one has been given a decision for PT... anyone else PT?

User avatar
GoodToBeTheKing
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:56 pm

oberlin08 wrote:Let's hope this is just the next round of acceptances!



+1

BruinsFan
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby BruinsFan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:57 pm

GoodToBeTheKing wrote:decision rendered today too... lots of us are decision rendered... i wonder what this means??? maybe we are the second batch of acceptances???? i hope so!!! i applied PT and I noticed on LSN that no one has been given a decision for PT... anyone else PT?


You know I applied p/t! I haven't heard a peep from USF, I'd be very interested to know if you got in. Have you heard anything from Santa Clara?

User avatar
GoodToBeTheKing
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:26 am

BruinsFan wrote:
GoodToBeTheKing wrote:decision rendered today too... lots of us are decision rendered... i wonder what this means??? maybe we are the second batch of acceptances???? i hope so!!! i applied PT and I noticed on LSN that no one has been given a decision for PT... anyone else PT?


You know I applied p/t! I haven't heard a peep from USF, I'd be very interested to know if you got in. Have you heard anything from Santa Clara?


nope... still in 2nd review

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: University of San Francisco

Postby km23 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:31 am

.
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, blackpi, DoYouEvenTLS, hellohalo, michelekfla, ohgosh and 12 guests