University of San Francisco Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
S de Garmeaux

Bronze

Re: University of San Francisco

Post by S de Garmeaux » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:26 pm

swiard wrote:Scholarship offer in the mail today. $26,000 first year only, non renewable.

Nice offer, but I don't know if its worth paying sticker for the 2nd and 3rd year when I'm more of a SoCal person anyway
did it come separately form acceptance?

swiard

New

Post by swiard » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:33 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
swiard wrote:Scholarship offer in the mail today. $26,000 first year only, non renewable.

Nice offer, but I don't know if its worth paying sticker for the 2nd and 3rd year when I'm more of a SoCal person anyway
did it come separately form acceptance?

nope, part of the acceptance letter

Island Girl

Bronze

Post by Island Girl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Got the accepted email yesterday! Complete late October. DR on 1/22. I hope I get the packet in the mail today. Hopefully with scholarship money! :) Hope everyone else hears soon too!

star10

New

Post by star10 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:37 am

In, but with no scholarship. I really like San Francisco but not sure how I feel about paying sticker for USF. Super frustrated...Any thoughts?

MixedGirl2009

New

Post by MixedGirl2009 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:24 am

star10 wrote:In, but with no scholarship. I really like San Francisco but not sure how I feel about paying sticker for USF. Super frustrated...Any thoughts?
If USF is your top choice you could always bargain with them if you have offers/$ from higher/equally ranked schools :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Great Satchmo

Silver

Post by Great Satchmo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:05 pm

I got the envelope in the mail yesterday, $26k first-year, non-renewable.

I love the idea of a pay-out the first year, rather than a scholarship with GPA stipulations. This way I don't have to be wishy-washy about weighing the school on a "well, it could be 3-years at $X amount, or it could be 1-2 years at $X-X amount". I'd rather have my scholly reduced a bit other places and have it be guaranteed.

azb

Bronze

Post by azb » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:24 pm

I applied in mid-November and went complete right after Thanksgiving.
I just checked my status checker and it showes the date as of yesterday: 01/28/2010.
What does it possibily mean?

cavalierkingcharles

New

Post by cavalierkingcharles » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:18 pm

azb wrote:I applied in mid-November and went complete right after Thanksgiving.
I just checked my status checker and it showes the date as of yesterday: 01/28/2010.
What does it possibily mean?
Same exact thing happened to me. I have no idea what it means. My girlfriend applied a month after me with lower numbers and was accepted in mid-January, so I have no idea what is going on.

BruinsFan

Bronze

Post by BruinsFan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:36 pm

cavalierkingcharles wrote: Same exact thing happened to me. I have no idea what it means. My girlfriend applied a month after me with lower numbers and was accepted in mid-January, so I have no idea what is going on.
USF has been surprisingly slow. I've already got the nod from SCU and U o P, once I hear from USF I'm going to go visit. So the sooner the better!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:39 pm

cavalierkingcharles wrote:once I hear from USF I'm going to go visit
They have a GORGEOUS campus and building. Absolutely stunning.

BruinsFan

Bronze

Post by BruinsFan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:45 pm

cavalierkingcharles wrote:
That's my fear with USF! It's in an amazing area and it's pretty, but it's reallyyyyy expensive and not ranked very well.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:46 pm

justlove16 wrote:If the reason you're deciding between Hastings and USF is money I would definitely choose USF. The the budget in the UC system a little haywire right now, you never know what you're gonna pay at a UC, also UC's can raise your tuition every year while, because USF is a private school, tuition is fixed once you come in and is only raised for incoming freshman.
If its about the school, its more a of personal thing. I came from a big undergrad and wasn't sure I was gonna get the attention I needed at big law school. I love the small-ish class sizes and the individualized attention you can get if you take the time to get to know the staff and faculty. Also, USF has the most judges in the Bay and has a great alumni network and they want to help you find jobs.
Finally, for those that didn't get any money, its possible that you still may. After they send out the first round of letters and people who got schollys reject, they will send seperate scholarship letters if there is money available.
Pretty much everything in this post is false.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:48 pm

oberlin08 wrote:
There is some value in this, but in my opinion campus aesthetics should be way down on the list of priorities.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kgb49

New

Post by kgb49 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:29 pm

swheat wrote:
oberlin08 wrote:
There is some value in this, but in my opinion campus aesthetics should be way down on the list of priorities.

I live in SF and USF's campus is not that great at all.

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:32 pm

kgb49 wrote:
swheat wrote:
oberlin08 wrote:

Well I am from D.C., and was blown away when I visited. Maybe it's because I'm comparing that to two other schools I am considering, Howard and Catholic which dont have great campuses...

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:33 pm

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

kgb49

New

Post by kgb49 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:24 pm

km23 wrote:the USF undergrad campus is AMAZING. The law buildings are nice and modern. I think the location is beautiful.
i dont know what you people where looking at, i would never say USF has an AMAZING campus, not even close, and Iam around it all the time.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hans3n

Bronze

Post by hans3n » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:32 pm

i dont know what you people where looking at, i would never say USF has an AMAZING campus, not even close, and Iam around it all the time.
So you've said already:

kgb49

New

Post by kgb49 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:36 pm

hans3n wrote:
So you've said already:
how good of you to notice

pamcasso

New

Post by pamcasso » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:37 pm

i heard the library is pretty?

Norwood

Bronze

Post by Norwood » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:33 am

My friend attended USF for undergrad and I've visited the campus many times. The undergrad campus is very very small... almost the size of comm colleges. However, there are pros for being a small campus such as quick accessibility and the campus is definitely not crowded.

As for the law school, it is directly across the street from the main undergrad campus and it's very modern. I've sat in for an information session and the rooms are good sizes and the common areas are great. Additionally, the campus is centralized in the city and takes you no more than 10-15mins to get to locations such as the superior court, city hall, DA's Office, golden gate park, union square, etc.

All in all, I would say their undergrad campus is a disappointment IF I was going to attend undergrad there. However, you guys are deciding to attend the law school which relative to other law BUILDINGS (or stand alone law schools) is a very fine building to be in for 3 years.

BTW, they have an AWESOME fitness center for their students! It's HUGE, you guys should check it out.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ToadGoDead

Bronze

Post by ToadGoDead » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:14 am

i have to say i am sorta annoyed... i am an auto admit on LSN and i think USF is one of my safety schools, yet i have not heard anything from them and i went complete almost three months ago... i dont think my numbers put me in YP range... that being said, i have spent a lot of time on the website and have visited the campus and would strongly consider going there because it is in SF and thats where i want to live and practice

pamcasso

New

Post by pamcasso » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:41 pm

im strongly considering USF, and i plan on visiting so i can get a better feel for what it would be like to go there. but the TLS profile of it doesn't paint it in the best light. i'm a little nervous about what my job prospects would be. granted, i think i want to work in san francisco and i have no interest in big law, but still. is anyone else a little apprehensive?

Nat1018

Bronze

Post by Nat1018 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:43 pm

I love San Francisco, but they only gave me $26,000 non-renewable and paying sticker for the rest of law school doesn't sound that good.

MixedGirl2009

New

Post by MixedGirl2009 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:58 pm

lowest top 100 i applied to and no money! i guess that takes em outta the picture and helps me narrow it down, will probably withdraw in march when i make a final decision on a school.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”