Brooklyn 09/10 cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
2013esq

Bronze

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Post by 2013esq » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Just withdrew from BLS. Hope this frees up a spot for a hopeful TLSer.

New

Post by avatard » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:38 pm

phonepro wrote:they added another 6K to my scholoarship package after i sent them a letter :)
How did you do that? If they offered me ~$7,500 more (full tuition), I'd send in my seat deposit immediately...

phonepro

Bronze

Post by phonepro » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:36 pm

phonepro wrote:they added another 6K to my scholarship package after i sent them a letter :)
How did you do that? If they offered me ~$7,500 more (full tuition), I'd send in my seat deposit immediately...
write them a letter stating that and use another school as leverage (if you got accepted to a higher ranked school, such as Fordham)

France121069

New

Post by France121069 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:03 pm

phonepro wrote:
phonepro wrote:they added another 6K to my scholarship package after i sent them a letter :)
write them a letter stating that and use another school as leverage (if you got accepted to a higher ranked school, such as Fordham)
I got accepted to Brooklyn, PT, but they gave no $. I got into NYLS, PT, with 2/3rds of my tuition covered. I would prefer Brooklyn over NYLS but can't pay sticker. Do you think there is any sense even mentioning to Brooklyn the $ from NYLS or are they just in such different worlds (in terms of FT they are miles apart but in terms of PT, the difference is far more negligible)? Any thoughts?

Mr. Pablo

Bronze

Post by Mr. Pablo » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:33 pm

It can't hurt to ask. Its not like they are going to revoke your admission for doing so.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:10 pm

i am going crazy here waiting on brooklyn to say anything back to me. my #1 pick. :shock:

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Bronze

Post by John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:46 pm

I see that some people have had trouble logging into mybls... can anyone tell me the secret? I can't log in. I don't think I ever received a user name or password.

ligirl

New

Post by ligirl » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:51 pm

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:I see that some people have had trouble logging into mybls... can anyone tell me the secret? I can't log in. I don't think I ever received a user name or password.
It's the same username/pw as the document tracker.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Bronze

Post by John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Aha! I'm in. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yeahyeah2121

New

Post by yeahyeah2121 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Last edited by yeahyeah2121 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

unknownscholar

Bronze

Post by unknownscholar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:29 pm

yeahyeah2121 wrote:Is it sick that I would entertain the idea of going to Brooklyn off the waitlist for sticker over Seton Hall for 6k a year?
not if the reason you're going is because there's a possibility that I'll be there. 8)

Seriously though, if it's because of the rankings difference, then maybe. But if there's other more important reasons you like brooklyn better, then probably not.

I've been enjoying the 5 emails per week from BLS. I just recently received one from a recent grad who's doing a clerkship and has a firm job lined up in nyc afterwards. I'll be getting more details abt this in the coming days/weeks.

France121069

New

Post by France121069 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Just withdrew too -- good luck to you all! As a Brooklyn resident, I hope you like the hood as much as I do!!! 8)

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:58 pm

France121069 wrote:Just withdrew too -- good luck to you all! As a Brooklyn resident, I hope you like the hood as much as I do!!! 8)
is it bad that the only way I know if I've withdrawn from a school is by coming on here and checking my profile stats?
k. checked. hadn't withdrawn yet. Did so, freeing up a nice chunk of scholly money. Good luck guys =)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

knickfan

Bronze

Post by knickfan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:36 pm

Is there any form you had to fill out to put down a seat deposit or can I just send the office of admissions a check including my name/social security #/lsac # ?

Unfortunately I am at work right now and realized that the deadline was today and I don't have the acceptance package with me.

I called them and the crazy mean lady said that as long as it is mailed out today, I will have adhered to the deadline.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

THANKS

unknownscholar

Bronze

Post by unknownscholar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:44 pm

knickfan wrote:Is there any form you had to fill out to put down a seat deposit or can I just send the office of admissions a check including my name/social security #/lsac # ?

Unfortunately I am at work right now and realized that the deadline was today and I don't have the acceptance package with me.

I called them and the crazy mean lady said that as long as it is mailed out today, I will have adhered to the deadline.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

THANKS
Yes, there is a deposit form. It's about the size of a bank deposit form and it has 3 copies (white, yellow, and pink).

knickfan

Bronze

Post by knickfan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:54 pm

unknownscholar wrote:
knickfan wrote:Is there any form you had to fill out to put down a seat deposit or can I just send the office of admissions a check including my name/social security #/lsac # ?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

THANKS
Yes, there is a deposit form. It's about the size of a bank deposit form and it has 3 copies (white, yellow, and pink).
ouch, its not available online either...stinks

unknownscholar

Bronze

Post by unknownscholar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:56 pm

knickfan wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

THANKS
ouch, its not available online either...stinks
So did the lady say the form was necessary with the check today? Seems like you could just mail the form tomorrow. I'd call to confirm. And even provide your name so they can make a note of it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RedSox2010

New

Post by RedSox2010 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:01 pm

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

THANKS
Haha, I was wondering if I was the only one who always had to deal with that insanely rude lady.

NYCbound96

New

Post by NYCbound96 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:19 pm

RedSox2010 wrote:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

THANKS
Haha, I was wondering if I was the only one who always had to deal with that insanely rude lady.
LOL! I always get the rudest people on the phone there. It's good to know that it's not personal... they just hate everyone equally I guess. :roll:

knickfan

Bronze

Post by knickfan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:06 pm

after I gathered the courage to call her again she told me to just send a check and forget the form.

She was rude as usual but I stepped up my aggressiveness but I was still respectful...i hope this is the last time I ever have to talk to her...

anyway I am officially a BLS student (unless Cardozo takes me off their WL) :D

Hi guys!!

NYCbound96

New

Post by NYCbound96 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:19 pm

knickfan wrote:after I gathered the courage to call her again she told me to just send a check and forget the form.

She was rude as usual but I stepped up my aggressiveness but I was still respectful...i hope this is the last time I ever have to talk to her...

Hi guys!!
Congrats on making that (almost) final choice! Does it feel good? lol (Ps. I'm terribly jealous.)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

knickfan

Bronze

Post by knickfan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:30 pm

NYCbound96 wrote:
knickfan wrote:after I gathered the courage to call her again she told me to just send a check and forget the form.

Hi guys!!
Congrats on making that (almost) final choice! Does it feel good? lol (Ps. I'm terribly jealous.)
lol, yes it feels kind of nice...I have enjoyed the application process but now I'm ready to move on...

They suck for not letting you know by now, hopefully you hear back from the soon with the 1st deadline almost over.

I have my fingers crossed for you...

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:50 pm

NYCbound96 wrote:
RedSox2010 wrote:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

THANKS
LOL! I always get the rudest people on the phone there. It's good to know that it's not personal... they just hate everyone equally I guess. :roll:
OMG I thought she just hated me, I'm so glad its not personal though!! That actually really turned me off from the school early on--almost prevented me from applying. But the people I have dealt with over email are really nice

I joined the brooklyn law school clas of 2013 group and suggest everyone else does too :) I'm kind of a dork cuz I really want my school email address so I can change mt network on facebook. ::nerd::

NYCbound96

New

Post by NYCbound96 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:00 pm

goosey wrote:
NYCbound96 wrote:
RedSox2010 wrote:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

THANKS
OMG I thought she just hated me, I'm so glad its not personal though!! That actually really turned me off from the school early on--almost prevented me from applying. But the people I have dealt with over email are really nice

I joined the brooklyn law school clas of 2013 group and suggest everyone else does too :) I'm kind of a dork cuz I really want my school email address so I can change mt network on facebook. ::nerd::
haha It makes me not like it as much, too. Brooklyn used to be my number 1 choice, but their admissions staff makes me worried about the rest of their staff and getting anything done there might be like pulling teeth. The weird part is that I even know a girl who works in admissions, but I never get her on the phone! So frustrating.

unknownscholar

Bronze

Post by unknownscholar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:06 pm

goosey wrote:
NYCbound96 wrote:
RedSox2010 wrote:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

THANKS

who've you talked to? I've been getting some really pleasant emails from folks introducing themselves.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”