Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jimicornerstone
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby jimicornerstone » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:32 pm

France121069 wrote:
lunu wrote:how do i log onto the BLS Connect? i just got an email with instructions to check my financial aid stuff but i can't get past step one.

i tried my document tracker username/password and it didn't work.


I am in exactly the same boat. I sent them an email -- will let you know a soon as I hear back.


I had this problem, but switched browsers and it worked fine. Its the funky flash or java or whatever it is they use for the site isn't compatible with some browsers. I was using google chrome and it wasn't working but switched to firefox and was able to access it.

On another note.. has anyone been able to e-mail/talk their way into some merit aid at BLS or heard of this occurring?

User avatar
knickfan
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby knickfan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:44 pm

jimicornerstone wrote:
France121069 wrote:
lunu wrote:how do i log onto the BLS Connect? i just got an email with instructions to check my financial aid stuff but i can't get past step one.

i tried my document tracker username/password and it didn't work.


I am in exactly the same boat. I sent them an email -- will let you know a soon as I hear back.


I had this problem, but switched browsers and it worked fine. Its the funky flash or java or whatever it is they use for the site isn't compatible with some browsers. I was using google chrome and it wasn't working but switched to firefox and was able to access it.

On another note.. has anyone been able to e-mail/talk their way into some merit aid at BLS or heard of this occurring?



I had the same problem earlier today after getting the email. I just tried again right now and I was able to enter the site. I went to financial aid status by year to see if/how much I was going to get but it says "No financial activity on record". Too soon to check? Regardless I'm calling tomorrow and politely asking for $ and food (maybe sushi)

lunu
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby lunu » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:39 am

jimicornerstone wrote:
France121069 wrote:
lunu wrote:how do i log onto the BLS Connect? i just got an email with instructions to check my financial aid stuff but i can't get past step one.

i tried my document tracker username/password and it didn't work.


I am in exactly the same boat. I sent them an email -- will let you know a soon as I hear back.


I had this problem, but switched browsers and it worked fine. Its the funky flash or java or whatever it is they use for the site isn't compatible with some browsers. I was using google chrome and it wasn't working but switched to firefox and was able to access it.

On another note.. has anyone been able to e-mail/talk their way into some merit aid at BLS or heard of this occurring?


thanks. this accidentally worked for me while using my girlfriend's computer (she runs firefox and i use safari). Firefox works great and I got to take a look at $$$

User avatar
knickfan
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby knickfan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:30 pm

no $ for me :(

bjf
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:28 am

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby bjf » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:14 pm

So all of my materials were in before the 2/1 deadline, except the dean's cert. Does anyone know if that will push me into the next review category? I'm so frustrated by my undergrad. I sent them the form in November, which they claimed they never got, and again in January. The only thing helping me is that Brooklyn already had a dean's cert from when I applied back in '07 (although it was sent a few months before I graduated).

I'm just anxious to hear back. I'll stop complaining now. : )

bjf
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:28 am

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby bjf » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:44 am

I just got the complete e-mail. Fingers crossed...

User avatar
France121069
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby France121069 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:16 am

knickfan wrote:no $ for me :(


no $ for me either. To be honest, it's making my decision easier... :roll:

User avatar
knickfan
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby knickfan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:54 pm

France121069 wrote:
knickfan wrote:no $ for me :(


no $ for me either. To be honest, it's making my decision easier... :roll:


same here, even though $ would be nice..I rather go to Hofstra for free then pay sticker for BLS..The only school I still have pending that I would pay full price for is Cardozo...otherwise I'm going for free/close to free somewhere lower ranked...

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby keg411 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:32 pm

France121069 wrote:
knickfan wrote:no $ for me :(


no $ for me either. To be honest, it's making my decision easier... :roll:


+1

There is no chance Brooklyn is worth sticker. If I'm not going to end up BigLaw/prestigious law, I'd rather do it without massive loan debt.

bjf
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:28 am

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby bjf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:47 am

Sorry if this has been discussed, but when is the first seat deposit due?

andreea7
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby andreea7 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:01 am

bjf wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed, but when is the first seat deposit due?

April 15 -- it's under "my documents" online

bjf
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:28 am

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby bjf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks, andreea

User avatar
avatard
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:30 am

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby avatard » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

99% sure I'm putting a seat + scholarship deposit down at BLS.

I'm riding the Fordham waitlist train but I'm trying really hard to adjust my expectations to attending BLS. The ~80% scholarship is helpful. Especially when I multiply it by three (years). Because I'm pretty sure Fordham won't provide much.

As for Cardozo vs. BLS... I figure it makes no difference (get in the top 10%) and the clinics I want are at BLS.

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby nowinGA » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Where in the "my documents" section of the online site will it indicate if you are accepted. Mine has been the same list of my stuff since I went complete...

andreea7
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby andreea7 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:09 pm

nowinGA wrote:Where in the "my documents" section of the online site will it indicate if you are accepted. Mine has been the same list of my stuff since I went complete...


If it says "seat deposit" due or something like that somewhere then it means you are in.

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby unknownscholar » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:12 pm

will be attending the minority admitted student program. Haven't decided which one.

And I'm in the waiting pool with you Avatard.

User avatar
NYCbound96
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:50 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby NYCbound96 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:53 pm

Waitlisted by snail mail today with a letter dated 2 days after I got an "application complete" email.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby goosey » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:48 am

avatard wrote:99% sure I'm putting a seat + scholarship deposit down at BLS.

I'm riding the Fordham waitlist train but I'm trying really hard to adjust my expectations to attending BLS. The ~80% scholarship is helpful. Especially when I multiply it by three (years). Because I'm pretty sure Fordham won't provide much.

As for Cardozo vs. BLS... I figure it makes no difference (get in the top 10%) and the clinics I want are at BLS.

I feel your pain. I basically had to talk myself out of fordham because bls is going to end up costing me about 9k total (all 3 years) after merit and need-based aid. That's something I can probably pay off while still in law school. Debt is such a huuuuge burden and I already know where I stand with fordham/how much aid I would get.
Don't get me wrong, bls is a great school and I am SUPER happy to be in the position I am right now. Fordham was a super-reach for me though--one which I ultimately had a very realistic chance at, and so I was excited and had really gotten my hopes up about it. And so now it just feel ludicrous to walk away. But I am ready to work hard and make bls the best non-investment investment of my life :)

User avatar
avatard
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:30 am

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby avatard » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:39 am

goosey wrote:But I am ready to work hard and make bls the best non-investment investment of my life :)

lol

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby unknownscholar » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:47 pm

just got an email from the dean informing me that I was not chosen for interview for the deloitte scholarship.

though I never expressed interest nor even recall any notification about it (though he said I did), I'm sad.

lol.

User avatar
avatard
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:30 am

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby avatard » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:09 pm

Maybe I missed this in the materials, but what is the daily class schedule like for full time?

Mon-Fri? 3 classes every day or just 2 or some mix? 9am-3pm? 11-5? I have no idea...

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby goosey » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:55 pm

avatard wrote:Maybe I missed this in the materials, but what is the daily class schedule like for full time?

Mon-Fri? 3 classes every day or just 2 or some mix? 9am-3pm? 11-5? I have no idea...


Im interested in this as well..

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Quick question about the deposits (scholarship / seat). Are they binding / non-refundable, and if refundable, up to what date? I'm sure it's on the paperwork, I just don't have it in front of me and can't find it on the website.

Mr. Pablo
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby Mr. Pablo » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Some of the money is refundable up to June 1st-ish. After that its theirs.

phonepro
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby phonepro » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:04 pm

they added another 6K to my scholoarship package after i sent them a letter :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests