Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NJ914

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Postby NJ914 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:03 am

Waitlisted yesterday via snail mail...fack

pleaseadmitme

Postby pleaseadmitme » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:20 pm

NJ914 wrote:Waitlisted yesterday via snail mail...fack

For those of you waitlisted, what were your stats?

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:37 pm

pleaseadmitme wrote:
NJ914 wrote:Waitlisted yesterday via snail mail...fack

For those of you waitlisted, what were your stats?

162, sub 3.0. But based on LSN I figured they'd WL me and then if I wanted, I could get in PT where I split the numbers (PT has a 75th LSAT of 162).

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:08 am

this is probably nothing, but just thought I'd check.

I submitted my app back in nov, but just recently found out (last wk) that my certification form from undergrad hadn't been sent. So I got an email yesterday or the day before saying I could consider my app complete (though my grad form is still missing). I noticed it because I logged onto the status checker yesterday, which I know takes a bit to be updated. It still says on there that I need my undergrad form.

Anyway, this morning I checked on there, and now it has on there that the seat deposit is still needed, the housing application, housing deposit, and tuition down payment. Yikes! What is all this about? Does everyone get this as soon as their app goes complete? Figured maybe it was a glitch or something.

fjk88

Postby fjk88 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 am

unknownscholar wrote:this is probably nothing, but just thought I'd check.

I submitted my app back in nov, but just recently found out (last wk) that my certification form from undergrad hadn't been sent. So I got an email yesterday or the day before saying I could consider my app complete (though my grad form is still missing). I noticed it because I logged onto the status checker yesterday, which I know takes a bit to be updated. It still says on there that I need my undergrad form.

Anyway, this morning I checked on there, and now it has on there that the seat deposit is still needed, the housing application, housing deposit, and tuition down payment. Yikes! What is all this about? Does everyone get this as soon as their app goes complete? Figured maybe it was a glitch or something.

I just checked mine also and it wasn't like this a few days ago. If it matters, I haven't received a complete email yet although all of materials are in.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:17 am

thanks. I figured it was nothing.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:48 am

nevermind. it was something. Just got an email informing me that I was admitted. Yikes! Should be coming your way too!

fjk88

Postby fjk88 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:55 am

unknownscholar wrote:nevermind. it was something. Just got an email informing me that I was admitted. Yikes! Should be coming your way too!

Just did!! Great to get that first acceptance out of the way. Congrats!!

wakefield

Postby wakefield » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:02 pm

I haven't gotten the complete email yet, but the status checker confirms that all my materials are in. It took my Dean awhile to send the form in, so hopefully I'll be officially complete soon. Is it going to be way too late to get a decent scholarship? Are people still getting money from BLS?

fjk88

Postby fjk88 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:09 pm

wakefield wrote:I haven't gotten the complete email yet, but the status checker confirms that all my materials are in. It took my Dean awhile to send the form in, so hopefully I'll be officially complete soon. Is it going to be way too late to get a decent scholarship? Are people still getting money from BLS?

I never got a complete email, just a confirmation that they received my app.

wakefield

Postby wakefield » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:14 pm

fjk88 wrote:
wakefield wrote:I haven't gotten the complete email yet, but the status checker confirms that all my materials are in. It took my Dean awhile to send the form in, so hopefully I'll be officially complete soon. Is it going to be way too late to get a decent scholarship? Are people still getting money from BLS?

Thanks - congrats, btw. So you just went from received to accepted? I keep getting emails from them and getting excited, but then they turn out to be invitations to visit or whatever.

fjk88

Postby fjk88 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:19 pm

wakefield wrote:
fjk88 wrote:

Thanks - congrats, btw. So you just went from received to accepted? I keep getting emails from them and getting excited, but then they turn out to be invitations to visit or whatever.

Thanks. And yeah--received 1/24, accepted 2/24.

pleaseadmitme

Postby pleaseadmitme » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:12 pm

Ugh, I've been complete since 1/5 and haven't heard a peep since. Just those emails inviting me to visit. Stats on those accepted today? CONGRATS!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Got the accept e-mail an hour or so ago. Does scholarship info come in the e-mail, the follow up packet, or later (if at all)?

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:27 pm

even2flow wrote:Got the accept e-mail an hour or so ago. Does scholarship info come in the e-mail, the follow up packet, or later (if at all)?

later, if at all. I'm still waiting for my scholarship info and was admitted Jan 22

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:00 pm

Just received email now that I am in. Yay! My dean's certification letter has still not arrived. After I got an email from them regarding that I called because they said signature certification letter so I was confused as to what was missing since I knew they had that. I asked whether the absence of the letter would slow down the admission process given that I said in the application I didn't have any disciplinary issues and they said no. I received the email that I was accepted about an hour later. I guess it is ok as long as they get it at some point.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:01 pm

congrats to you both =) Here's to hoping for moneys!

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:04 pm

I still don't know why it was needed. My LSAC transcript states that I graduated in good standing with no disciplinary action or misconduct. And I'm still not completely certain that the dean sent it. I didn't fax the cert form to my undergrad school until friday afternoon, with no reply regarding its retrieval. But my app went complete yesterday and decision this morning, with all the extra documents "still needed" added this morning. After the email, the dates due posted.

I'm just curious as to how they are able to make decisions so quickly. I'm grateful to say the least, but curious.

After the first ignored email I sent inquiring about my app, and then the one liner email where I wasn't addressed by name, I was prepared to withdraw, fearing that because I waited too long to follow-up, my app would be trashed.

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:27 pm

They probably just updated the status checker late with the complete and they kind of did it all at once. Or maybe you are a very clear auto-admit and they didn't feel the need to pore over every single page of your application.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:32 pm

andreea7 wrote:They probably just updated the status checker late with the complete and they kind of did it all at once. Or maybe you are a very clear auto-admit and they didn't feel the need to pore over every single page of your application.

You are too kind. I've gotten too many rejections from schools who paid me to apply to think I'd ever be in that exclusive grp. I only ask because a few pages back I saw the same thing happening: folks getting very quick acceptances. I guess it seemed to me that it was the standard procedure at brooklyn. I was just curious about how come they're so quick relative to other schools. But my perspective is prob a bit biased anyway since I've waited 4 months for rejections more than anything else.

Mr. Pablo

Postby Mr. Pablo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:27 pm

According to the info on this forum and some inference from the admission materials BLS notifies accepted applicants of scholarships/grants/etc... in mid-March. I doubt that any money has been given to anyone yet (at least not publicly)

/ I hate waiting.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:32 pm

got the call today.

I wish I were prepared, but I had a lapse in area code recognition. I have some other decisions that are imminent, so I'm kinda on edge right now.

In any case, I enjoyed the convo. I was just having a discussion with someone the other day about making prospects feel important. One of the schools I got accepted to had a lot of language on the website that gave the impression of speaking down to prospects. I definitely didn't get that here.

I also found out that the reason they appear to be so swift with their decisions is because the form is standard procedure and does not prevent them from looking at your application. But it does prevent them from giving you their decision. I should have known that. Brain farts with all this admissions cycle stress.

DonReady

Postby DonReady » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:56 pm

wanttoleavemyjob wrote:Just got the application complete email from Brooklyn...I guess now I hold my breathe and hope I get a second email by the end of the day?

Has anyone gotten in and not gotten both emails in the same day?

I did, but my acceptance e-mail came two days after the one where they say it can take forever to review my app (2/9 review e-mail 2/11 acceptance). I went complete 12/8 but my undergrad took forever to get the cert. letter back to Brooklyn. Once they got that in I got the complete e-mail about three days later (their intranet said they had the form before I received the e-mail). About a week after my acceptance e-mail my mailman delivered the mother of all acceptance packages...set BLS back $10 in postage and nearly crippled a USPS employee!!

pleaseadmitme

Postby pleaseadmitme » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:36 pm

I got my "your application will be reviewed sometime between now and never" email on Monday...am I heading towards wait list land?

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:16 pm

pleaseadmitme wrote:I got my "your application will be reviewed sometime between now and never" email on Monday...am I heading towards wait list land?

I got that e-mail and then received the WL via snail mail like a week later.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”