Brooklyn 09/10 cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rockababy123

New

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Post by rockababy123 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:35 pm

sibley wrote:Anyone get the magazine about culinary stuff? it arrived yesterday, same day as my big box.
I got that about a week or so ago, but I haven't received a decision.

bklyngreenlp

New

Post by bklyngreenlp » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:33 pm

sibley wrote:Anyone get the magazine about culinary stuff? it arrived yesterday, same day as my big box.

They sent me a copy in December, along with a few other brochures. I'd just like a decision from BLS, please. I don't think the long wait is a good sign...

eam829

New

Post by eam829 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:14 am

nyred10 wrote:
eam829 wrote:In today via email. Finally some good news!

App submitted by early Nov. but my undergrad dropped the ball and didn't send dean's cert til Jan 8.

- Also for those of you wondering about 'complete' notifications, they sent me one on Jan 25 basically saying it was gonna take forever (though I guess it wasn't the case)

"During the course of this review, if we determine that something is missing or requires further clarification, we will communicate with you promptly. Otherwise, you can assume that your file is complete.

Beginning in mid-January, the Law School’s Committee on Admissions will be meeting approximately once each week throughout the spring semester. Your file is among the thousands of Category I files that are now being reviewed. We will do our best to notify you by mail of the School’s decision as soon before April 1 as we can. We apologize in advance for any increased levels of anxiety or uncertainty this may cause but, as you can well imagine, multiple reviews of several thousand applications and comparative deliberations by the Committee on Admissions consume a great amount of time."
So glad you posted this! I got my complete notification email last Wednesday and saw on LSN and TLS that decisions seemed to be coming out a day or two after. I was losing hope that I had any chance of getting accepted since they were taking a relatively long time, but I guess I still have a shot!
Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much if it takes them a while to get back to you. I think they are just kind of slow or start really late. One of my friends who got in last year said even though she applied in mid-Nov she didn't hear back until March (despite having decent #s)

yeahyeah2121

New

Post by yeahyeah2121 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Is anyone that hasn't been accepted yet planning on attending the Financial Aid 101 or Career Conversations Programs that Brooklyn is hosting in the next couple months? I'm going to be in NYC on the March 5th date anyway so I feel like I should go (to learn, get more of a feel for the school, possibly strike gold and get to talk to an adcomm) but I haven't been accepted and probably won't be hearing back from BLS for another month :oops: . Thoughts on attending?

wanttoleavemyjob

New

Post by wanttoleavemyjob » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:46 pm

I'm local- but I signed up for the April version of these events- with the feeling that I want to go and will probably have heard from them by then.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

goldentoken

New

Post by goldentoken » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:20 pm

I mailed in my signature paper (for the online app) and my Dean's cert together. My Dean's cert has not been posted to my account but everything else has. Nobody from Brooklyn contacted me. I found out through the application check website (fortunately I checked it for Brooklyn. I normally don't check them because I'd rather have the thrill of opening the letter/e-mail). Anyone else run into this problem?

sudoku

New

Post by sudoku » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Yes--I, too, avoided the status checker. Then, curiosity got the better of me...
Last edited by sudoku on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nhkjackson

New

Post by nhkjackson » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:44 pm

I got the email last Monday morning telling me that my app was complete. Three hours later I got the email saying I was accepted. Strange that it went so fast (and I only applied in mid/late-January).

Now waiting to hear about scholarships...

yeahyeah2121

New

Post by yeahyeah2121 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:40 pm

The "status checker" that you guys are referring to only confirms that your application materials have been received right?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

um08

New

Post by um08 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:16 pm

yeahyeah2121 wrote:The "status checker" that you guys are referring to only confirms that your application materials have been received right?
That's all I have. Then I received an e-mail notifying me that I was complete - "A preliminary inspection of your application for admission to Brooklyn Law School indicates that we have received all required documents. Your file has been reviewed by our preliminary readers. It is now being readied for an evaluative review by the Committee on Admissions."

yeahyeah2121

New

Post by yeahyeah2121 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:15 pm

Whewww.. thank God. Thanks, UM!

yeahyeah2121

New

Post by yeahyeah2121 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:37 pm

Just got the "complete" e-mail. I think I'm going to have a heart attack. I want Brooklyn soo badly!!

bklyngreenlp

New

Post by bklyngreenlp » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:34 am

I received an acceptance email in the late afternoon today! I am so excited...I was having doubts about getting in at BLS.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bjf

Bronze

Post by bjf » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:56 am

Congrats, bklyngreen!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Got some "file being moved to committee review" e-mail. No idea if it's good or bad or what. Meh, I've kind of lost interest in Brooklyn and I'm borderline based on stats anyway.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:58 pm

bklyngreenlp wrote:I received an acceptance email in the late afternoon today! I am so excited...I was having doubts about getting in at BLS.
congrats =) I remember you worrying yesterday.

bklyngreenlp

New

Post by bklyngreenlp » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 pm

sibley wrote:
bklyngreenlp wrote:I received an acceptance email in the late afternoon today! I am so excited...I was having doubts about getting in at BLS.
Thanks! Yes, I was worried because of a few emails I received from the school. I also unnecessarily worry about a lot of things. The acceptance, though, sure made my week. When I first started seriously looking at law schools a few years ago, BLS was the first school I visited.
Last edited by bklyngreenlp on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

knickfan

Bronze

Post by knickfan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:21 pm

bklyngreenlp wrote:
sibley wrote:
Thanks! Yes, I was worried because of a few odd emails I received from the school. I also unnecessarily worry about a lot of things. The acceptance, though, sure made my week. When I first started seriously looking at law schools a few years ago, BLS was the first school I visited.
When did you go complete?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:32 pm

When will we hear about scholarship information?

bklyngreenlp

New

Post by bklyngreenlp » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:46 pm

knickerbocker - eons ago...I submitted in Oct, received the status checker in November and heard from them in January regarding an issue with my application. So, it has been a long ride.

sibley – good question. Also, have you received an additional user name and passcode for the blsconnect site? I have the one for the status checker, but that info doesn’t allow you to log-in to the other portal (I noticed it under the housing page, where you can supposedly download additional forms for admitted students).

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:13 pm

bklyngreenlp wrote:knickerbocker - eons ago...I submitted in Oct, received the status checker in November and heard from them in January regarding an issue with my application. So, it has been a long ride.

sibley – good question. Also, have you received an additional user name and passcode for the blsconnect site? I have the one for the status checker, but that info doesn’t allow you to log-in to the other portal (I noticed it under the housing page, where you can supposedly download additional forms for admitted students).

I don't think so but it's possible. I got that big packet of information - I looked through it but it was last week and I can't remember what was in it any longer

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wanttoleavemyjob

New

Post by wanttoleavemyjob » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:27 pm

I'm only really waiting on Brooklyn at this point to make a decision. Crossing my fingers that there is good news next week.

wilkey10

New

Post by wilkey10 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:13 pm

sibley wrote:When will we hear about scholarship information?
So we don't know about getting scholarship info?

And did anyone get an email from a BLS alum, who also went to their UG? I got one from a NYC lawyer, and was pretty impressed by it. She was offering to answer any questions I might have.
Last edited by wilkey10 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:14 pm

wilkey10 wrote:
sibley wrote:When will we hear about scholarship information?
So we don't know about getting scholarship info?

Correct. I don't, and you don't apparently...

ligirl

New

Post by ligirl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Application complete e-mail: 12:13 pm

In via e-mail 4:03!

I can't believe how fast that went. All of my stuff has been in since early December, except my Dean's Certification form which went in January and they needed clarification on one question which was in as of last week. I'm assuming I was "complete" for a while they just needed that last piece.

Anyway, YAY!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”