Brooklyn 09/10 cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AlanShore

Silver

Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Post by AlanShore » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:51 am

I havent seen any Brooklyn threads (if there are, let me know!). I applied, not my first choice but I'd consider it since I want to practice in NYC.

I received one of those checkers where you can see what documents have been received on 11/30. I had them in so I guess I was complete then. I just checked it and it came up with ERROR so I guess the site is down

When do you think we can expect to hear back?

jc631

New

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Post by jc631 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:52 am

According to LSN it looks like we should start hearing around the second week in January! But, I think scholarships aren't announced until March

yeahyeah2121

New

Post by yeahyeah2121 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:41 pm

Last edited by yeahyeah2121 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

vsg211

New

Post by vsg211 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:56 pm

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:04 pm

bumping this thread.

does anyone know how brooklyn alerts applicants when they make a decision? email? snail mail?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:05 pm

No idea, but I'd like to know as well.

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:20 pm

I did a quick browse on LSN and one person found out through email so I assume this is standard.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:44 am

Got this email this morning:

Date January 7, 2010:

Dear XXXXXXX:

A preliminary inspection of your application for admission to Brooklyn Law School indicates that we have received all required documents. Your file has been reviewed by our preliminary readers. It is now being readied for an evaluative review by the Committee on Admissions.

During the course of this review, if we determine that something is missing or requires further clarification, we will communicate with you promptly. Otherwise, you can assume that your file is complete.

Beginning in mid-January, the Law School’s Committee on Admissions will be meeting approximately once each week throughout the spring semester. Your file is among the thousands of Category I files that are now being reviewed. We will do our best to notify you by mail of the School’s decision as soon before April 1 as we can. We apologize in advance for any increased levels of anxiety or uncertainty this may cause but, as you can well imagine, multiple reviews of several thousand applications and comparative deliberations by the Committee on Admissions consume a great amount of time.

If, in the meantime, you have questions regarding the content or processing of your application, feel free to contact our Office of Admissions at your earliest convenience during business hours. Please note that the office staff is not permitted to disclose final admission decisions on the telephone, nor can they accurately predict either when the Committee on Admissions will announce a decision on an application or what that decision is likely to be.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience, and best wishes for success.

Sincerely yours,

Myron B. Chaitovsky
Director of Admissions

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:51 am

I just received that email also.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bklyngreenlp

New

Post by bklyngreenlp » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:56 am

Did you guys apply under early decision or regular review?

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:57 am

bklyngreenlp wrote:Did you guys apply under early decision or regular review?
I was regular decision. I've decided that NYC isn't for me though so I'll be withdrawing soon.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

also RD, sent in 11/23

dgb87

New

Post by dgb87 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:21 pm

JOThompson wrote:
bklyngreenlp wrote:Did you guys apply under early decision or regular review?
I was regular decision. I've decided that NYC isn't for me though so I'll be withdrawing soon.
If you have decent numbers, good luck withdrawing. I emailed to withdraw and they emailed me back and asked what I was doing next year and if I would consider just leaving the application on file for now. They were very nice about it, so I will leave it for the time being. I'm not sure what amount of scholarship it will take though to entice me to make Brooklyn my number 1....but we'll see what happens.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bowiefan88

New

Post by bowiefan88 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:50 am

Accepted!!! Heard on Monday via email (1/11). I applied RD 12/1 and my app went complete 12/8.
No mention of aid. The email said more info would be forthcoming via snail mail. But you should be hearing soon if you haven't already!! Good luck!

I live in NYC now and have for 6 years, and I'm torn about staying here or choosing a school on the West coast where I am originally from. It might all come down to $$$ as I'm pretty broke. Brooklyn def isn't my top choice, but it was my only East coast app, so its nice to know I have the option to stay here in the fall.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Accepted today via email.

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:24 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Accepted today via email.
congrats H.E! when did you go complete? any scholarship info for you?

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:26 pm

I submitted on 11/23 and went complete shortly after that, I'd have to check that document tracker thing to see when I actually went complete but it should have been shortly after that.

No mention of $$ in the email, but we will see when then actual packet arrives in the mail in a few days.

Thanks Alan, I'm sure you'll hear soon!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sookie99

New

Post by sookie99 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:33 pm

JUST GOT IN VIA E-MAIL! Applied 11/17, Complete in early December!!

bklyngreenlp

New

Post by bklyngreenlp » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Congratulations H.E!

I noticed on LSN they started sending out acceptances earlier this week. I received an email from their admissions office this week for some additional information from my UG institution. So, when they get around to sending it, I'll be under review. I'm most certainly looking forward to hearing from bklyn.

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:05 pm

In today.

peyso

New

Post by peyso » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:22 pm

I received this email today

"Congratulations on your recent admission to Brooklyn Law School!
Brooklyn Law School guarantees housing to all first-year students for the first year at BLS, including part-time students. You must submit a housing application with a $500 non-refundable deposit by May 1 to qualify for guaranteed housing.
Brooklyn Law School owns ten residence halls, all of which are located within walking distance to the Law School. We are conveniently located near many subways and are fortunate to be located in a fantastic neighborhood in New York City..."

However, I've received no official word on my admittance. (No phone, no email, no snail mail). This does mean I'm in or could they have made a mistake?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

itsfine

Bronze

Post by itsfine » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:27 pm

in today.

hoping they show me the money pretty soon otherwise im gonna have to say nates

sookie99

New

Post by sookie99 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:38 pm

peyso wrote:I received this email today

Brooklyn Law School guarantees housing to all first-year students for the first year at BLS, including part-time students. You must submit a housing application with a $500 non-refundable deposit by May 1 to qualify for guaranteed housing.
Brooklyn Law School owns ten residence halls, all of which are located within walking distance to the Law School. We are conveniently located near many subways and are fortunate to be located in a fantastic neighborhood in New York City..."

However, I've received no official word on my admittance. (No phone, no email, no snail mail). This does mean I'm in or could they have made a mistake?
I got this same e-mail shortly after the acceptance e-mail. Sounds to me like you were accepted...I doubt they would make such a huge mistake. If you haven't already done so, you should make sure the acceptance e-mail didn't go to your junk and/or call the admissions office and confirm..

2013esq

Bronze

Post by 2013esq » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:46 pm

sookie99 wrote:
peyso wrote:I received this email today

I got this same e-mail shortly after the acceptance e-mail. Sounds to me like you were accepted...I doubt they would make such a huge mistake. If you haven't already done so, you should make sure the acceptance e-mail didn't go to your junk and/or call the admissions office and confirm..
I got this email, too and was sort of confused. But then I checked my junk email box and found the acceptance email!!!

I applied mid-november but didn't go complete until last week (waiting on a dean's certification letter from grad school).

Congrats to all!!!

Chelios

Bronze

Post by Chelios » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:46 pm

In via Email :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”