Brooklyn 09/10 cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Re: Brooklyn 09/10 cycle

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:08 pm

In today via e-mail. No mention of $$. Don't think I'll be attending, but it is my very first acceptance of the cycle (that started back in October), so that's pretty cool.

bjf

Bronze

Post by bjf » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:22 pm

^
Congrats!

flowerpot

New

Post by flowerpot » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:38 pm

In via email on Thursday!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:In today via e-mail. No mention of $$. Don't think I'll be attending, but it is my very first acceptance of the cycle (that started back in October), so that's pretty cool.
They seemed to indicate that $$ come in the packet that follows, not with the e-mail.

flowerpot

New

Post by flowerpot » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:39 am

Just got an email saying that I am the recipient of a merit scholarship package and that it was mailed to me recently and I should be receiving it shortly!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:53 am

flowerpot wrote:Just got an email saying that I am the recipient of a merit scholarship package and that it was mailed to me recently and I should be receiving it shortly!!!
you can find the amount my logging in to your document tracker and clicking on the financial aid documents on the right.

unknownscholar

Bronze

Post by unknownscholar » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:47 pm

received the 8 buck package today. A t-shirt would have been a nice addition :-). But I'm just happy to be getting something other than bills. lol.

phonepro

Bronze

Post by phonepro » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:31 pm

i got 40K in scholarships. really considering going now...

chocho

New

Post by chocho » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:33 pm

phonepro, numbers? if you do not mind

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

phonepro

Bronze

Post by phonepro » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:33 pm

165 / 4.0

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:11 am

Just visited Monday. It was after hours so I couldn't tour. Seems like a nice neighborhood... students seem of the standard fare. There's a library lounge right when you go into the building...

wakefield

Bronze

Post by wakefield » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:14 am

chutzpah wrote:
flowerpot wrote:Just got an email saying that I am the recipient of a merit scholarship package and that it was mailed to me recently and I should be receiving it shortly!!!
you can find the amount my logging in to your document tracker and clicking on the financial aid documents on the right.
What am I doing wrong? I got the acceptance email yesterday, but I don't see any fin aid documents in their web advisor. Is there another place to check?

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:21 am

wakefield wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
What am I doing wrong? I got the acceptance email yesterday, but I don't see any fin aid documents in their web advisor. Is there another place to check?
I think its only available after you get the email that says you are the recipient of a merit scholarship like the poster above. Not sure what the time frame is, but it shouldnt be long!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wakefield

Bronze

Post by wakefield » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:29 am

chutzpah wrote:
wakefield wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
I think its only available after you get the email that says you are the recipient of a merit scholarship like the poster above. Not sure what the time frame is, but it shouldnt be long!
Ohh, that makes sense. Thanks!

ixkofm

New

Post by ixkofm » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:26 pm

chutzpah wrote:
What am I doing wrong? I got the acceptance email yesterday, but I don't see any fin aid documents in their web advisor. Is there another place to check?[/quote]

I think its only available after you get the email that says you are the recipient of a merit scholarship like the poster above. Not sure what the time frame is, but it shouldnt be long![/quote]

Ohh, that makes sense. Thanks![/quote]

Just to shed light on your question what the above poster said isn't necessarily the case. The fin aid document showed up on my tracker 2 days before I received the scholarship email. If you just got accepted I would wait a day or so and if nothing comes up it might not be a bad idea to call the admissions office and speak to someone who can give you a reliable answer as to how long you might have to wait before a decision is made, if you are going to receive a scholarship, $$ amount, etc.
Good Luck!

lunu

New

Post by lunu » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:03 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:In today via e-mail. No mention of $$. Don't think I'll be attending, but it is my very first acceptance of the cycle (that started back in October), so that's pretty cool.
When did you apply? Or rather when did your document checker have everything in? My last materials were received on the 22nd but I haven't gotten a complete email or anything for that matter.

France121069

New

Post by France121069 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Anybody applied PT and heard anything yet?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

getmetolawschool

New

Post by getmetolawschool » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:58 pm

hey guys! just came back from a tour this afternoon and i was impressed -- loved the neighborhood and am now giving brooklyn a lot more consideration than i was before!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:00 pm

getmetolawschool wrote:hey guys! just came back from a tour this afternoon and i was impressed -- loved the neighborhood and am now giving brooklyn a lot more consideration than i was before!
great! wanna give some details? I visited but it was after hours so I couldn't tour. and it was dark and my feet hurt so I didn't explore too much.

getmetolawschool

New

Post by getmetolawschool » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:22 pm

sure! well i'm sure you know everything is housed in the main building ... it seemed like there was a ton of places around to grab lunch / dinner between class and studying, a ton of subways right there, and court buildings literally right next door. the library, classrooms, etc. were all nice and modern ... and the library seemed like it had plenty of room for everyone. i was shocked at how large the tour was ... probably over 20 of us!

someone actually directly addressed the rumors of section stacking and the tour guide of course said it wasn't true ... but who knows? for me it's coming down to some higher ranked schools at sticker / close to sticker or brooklyn with an attractive offer. tough decision!

bludvl_prelaw

New

Post by bludvl_prelaw » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:51 pm

I'm flying up for the Insider's Guide to Brooklyn Law on March 22nd...is anyone else going to be there?

Ironically, I'm staying with a buddy of mine who goes to Cardozo...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bklyngreenlp

New

Post by bklyngreenlp » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:58 pm

I visited this past Friday, too. I went to a class and took the Infovisit tour later in the day. The building and facilities were modern and very nice. Perhaps it was just the class I observed, but I was surprised by how white the student body is at BLS. It was a sea of white students using Macs. I would have expected more diversity at a NYC school, but I guess being a private, expensive school would lend itself to this issue. The students in the class were very friendly and intelligent. Out of my visits to various law schools, they were the most well-prepared students I've observed. There was one guy who wouldn't put his hand down (luckily the professor ignored him for most of the class), but almost all of the students had thoughtful responses. The professor was fantastic and funny, too. I spoke with a few people in financial aid, who were all very helpful.

The current student giving the tour gave a canned presentation. The best part of the infovisit was getting to see the entire building, as it's spectacular. In speaking with other people on the tour, not surprisingly, many people were deciding between Cardozo and BLS. Also, a number of people had yet to apply to the program. The tour guide stated BLS accepts through August, though.

Oh, one minor thing that surprised me was the printing quota BLS gives to students. The school provides free printing up to $20.00 (charge of 5 cents per page). After that initial twenty bucks, you have to pay to print. I found it odd that tuition is at that level and they are the only school I've found so far that doesn't offer free printing to law students. It just seems really cheap to me...$20.00 is nothing.

I just returned from my visits and my head is spinning. I'm sure I forgot a few other things...

dreman510

Bronze

Post by dreman510 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:59 pm

bklyngreenlp wrote:I visited this past Friday, too. I went to a class and took the Infovisit tour later in the day. The building and facilities were modern and very nice. Perhaps it was just the class I observed, but I was surprised by how white the student body is at BLS. It was a sea of white students using Macs. I would have expected more diversity at a NYC school, but I guess being a private, expensive school would lend itself to this issue. The students in the class were very friendly and intelligent. Out of my visits to various law schools, they were the most well-prepared students I've observed. There was one guy who wouldn't put his hand down (luckily the professor ignored him for most of the class), but almost all of the students had thoughtful responses. The professor was fantastic and funny, too. I spoke with a few people in financial aid, who were all very helpful.

The current student giving the tour gave a canned presentation. The best part of the infovisit was getting to see the entire building, as it's spectacular. In speaking with other people on the tour, not surprisingly, many people were deciding between Cardozo and BLS. Also, a number of people had yet to apply to the program. The tour guide stated BLS accepts through August, though.

Oh, one minor thing that surprised me was the printing quota BLS gives to students. The school provides free printing up to $20.00 (charge of 5 cents per page). After that initial twenty bucks, you have to pay to print. I found it odd that tuition is at that level and they are the only school I've found so far that doesn't offer free printing to law students. It just seems really cheap to me...$20.00 is nothing.

I just returned from my visits and my head is spinning. I'm sure I forgot a few other things...
Which class/professor did you sit in on?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:01 am

dreman510 wrote:
bklyngreenlp wrote:I visited this past Friday, too. I went to a class and took the Infovisit tour later in the day. The building and facilities were modern and very nice. Perhaps it was just the class I observed, but I was surprised by how white the student body is at BLS. It was a sea of white students using Macs. I would have expected more diversity at a NYC school, but I guess being a private, expensive school would lend itself to this issue. The students in the class were very friendly and intelligent. Out of my visits to various law schools, they were the most well-prepared students I've observed. There was one guy who wouldn't put his hand down (luckily the professor ignored him for most of the class), but almost all of the students had thoughtful responses. The professor was fantastic and funny, too. I spoke with a few people in financial aid, who were all very helpful.

Which class/professor did you sit in on?

and wow I had no idea law schools offered free printing!

glavine

New

Post by glavine » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:04 am

bludvl_prelaw wrote:I'm flying up for the Insider's Guide to Brooklyn Law on March 22nd...is anyone else going to be there?

Ironically, I'm staying with a buddy of mine who goes to Cardozo...
I'm going too!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”