BYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ashkenazy

Re: BYU 2010

Postby ashkenazy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:09 am

elcharanguista wrote:I haven't read through all the thread or anything, but I graduated from BYU Law yesterday and am willing to answer any questions about the law school.

Congrats!!! Best wishes on your future career! :)

chad1209

Postby chad1209 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:39 pm

elcharanguista wrote:I haven't read through all the thread or anything, but I raduated from BYU Law yesterday and am willing to answer any questions about the law school.

I did see a few questions and discussions throughout a few pages of the thread I quickly perused and thought I would give my two cents.

First, the grad parking lot next to the law school DOES get full, especially if you try to get spot anytime after 930 am or so. We have hypothesized that the lack of spaces is due to the new parking lot enforcement system (I can elaborate if needed).

Second, there were not many single folks in my class. As this is a concern for some people coming to BYU, know that there were about 30 singles in the entire class at the beginning of our 1L year, and several of them got married during their first year of law school after having already been in committed relationships prior to law school. So basically about 80% of my class was married when we started law school.

Third, it looked like there was a kid who is a non-mormon thinking about BYU Law. I do think that you may be at a disadvantage from both sides -- those mormons who figure out you are not mormon (and they probably will by looking at your resume) will not help you to the extent they would a mormon, and non-mormons will simply assume you are mormon which may negatively impact their perception of you. I am a non-mormon from outside Utah and was subject to these disadvantages at times. Will this happen in all or even most instances? Probably not. But in this economy you should probably avoid anything that will negatively impact your future career. However, it's all up to you.

I just sent you a PM!

ashkenazy

Postby ashkenazy » Sun May 09, 2010 9:23 pm

Is the Class of 2013 already complete? Are there no more students being admitted? There have got to be at least a few people paying for seats at more than one school out there. And at least a few of them are gonna be withdrawing from BYU.

I know there's a waitlist page, but if you've received the good news, let us know!

justski

Postby justski » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:37 am

still on the waitlist here. hoping something good happens soon, moving to UNLV on Thursday.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”