In at Stanford!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby crackberry » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:07 am

Hey admits: here's the ASW thread I promised I'd create. Have at it.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=114676

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:22 am

ProudFather wrote:Wow! Just turned in my independence test and remaining financial aid info yesterday, and already received my award letter today. I definitely was not expecting to hear back so quickly.

Are you happy with it? I'm glad you heard back quickly. I've turned in my Independence Test and FAFSA and I've filled out NeedAccess, but I'm still waiting on my mom to fill out her portion of NeedAccess and I sort of want her to turn it in before I commit to SLS so they don't factor my confirmed enrollment into my award letter.

clyde_barrow

Postby clyde_barrow » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:39 am

received stanford's finaid package today. it was a far cry from yale's and also worse than harvard's! kind of puts a damper on the ASW this weekend for me :|

ProudFather

Postby ProudFather » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:44 am

crackberry wrote:
ProudFather wrote:Wow! Just turned in my independence test and remaining financial aid info yesterday, and already received my award letter today. I definitely was not expecting to hear back so quickly.

Are you happy with it? I'm glad you heard back quickly. I've turned in my Independence Test and FAFSA and I've filled out NeedAccess, but I'm still waiting on my mom to fill out her portion of NeedAccess and I sort of want her to turn it in before I commit to SLS so they don't factor my confirmed enrollment into my award letter.

Yes, I think so. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it seemed decent to me. Still, the thought of taking on a sizable debt load when I could probably go get a decent job right now instead has me wondering if I'm crazy.

clyde_barrow wrote:received stanford's finaid package today. it was a far cry from yale's and also worse than harvard's! kind of puts a damper on the ASW this weekend for me :|

Sorry to hear yours wasn't so hot.

Laina

Postby Laina » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:12 pm

Depositing today! Very excited to meet you all, either this weekend or in the fall.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:14 pm

Laina wrote:Depositing today! Very excited to meet you all, either this weekend or in the fall.

Glad to hear it, Laina. Was it the $$ package that pushed SLS ahead of HLS for you?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:17 pm

Laina wrote:Depositing today! Very excited to meet you all, either this weekend or in the fall.

Welcome on board! :D

Laina

Postby Laina » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:21 pm

crackberry wrote:

Glad to hear it, Laina. Was it the $$ package that pushed SLS ahead of HLS for you?

Salt in the wound, CB. I'm still held at HLS.

But seriously, I would've chosen SLS over HLS in a heartbeat, so it's no big deal. I am curious to see if I do ever get a response from H, though. And the aid package was great! No comparison to make, though--SLS was the only school I requested a package from. I've been set on them for awhile.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Laina wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Salt in the wound, CB. I'm still held at HLS.

But seriously, I would've chosen SLS over HLS in a heartbeat, so it's no big deal. I am curious to see if I do ever get a response from H, though. And the aid package was great! No comparison to make, though--SLS was the only school I requested a package from. I've been set on them for awhile.

Ahh, sorry about that. Could've sworn you were in at H. Anyway, congrats.

Illijah

Postby Illijah » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:24 pm

What time are people generally receiving calls? any late calls?

clyde_barrow

Postby clyde_barrow » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:13 am

SO whoo had a great time at the ASW??? anyone else leaning SLS that were leaning another way prior?

ALSO, re:
clyde_barrow wrote:received stanford's finaid package today. it was a far cry from yale's and also worse than harvard's! kind of puts a damper on the ASW this weekend for me :|
stanford matched YLS's offer!! :D have to wait until after yale's admit program this week, but i just might be headed to CA in the fall..

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:15 am

clyde_barrow wrote:SO whoo had a great time at the ASW??? anyone else leaning SLS that were leaning another way prior?

ALSO, re:
stanford matched YLS's offer!! :D have to wait until after yale's admit program this week, but i just might be headed to CA in the fall..

YES YES YES! I told you they would, bud!

As you know, I'm leaning heavily toward SLS. I'm going to keep pestering you this coming weekend to join me in Palo Alto :D

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:37 am

clyde_barrow wrote:SO whoo had a great time at the ASW??? anyone else leaning SLS that were leaning another way prior?

ALSO, re:

Oops, just saw this one. I guess that answers my question. Anyway, have fun at Yale this weekend, but I sincerely hope you'll join me/us in California in August.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:29 pm

First off, congrats on the offer match! And though I was basically sure beforehand, I literally can't see myself anywhere else after the visit. It was incredible.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:44 pm

Hey, Stanford's not so great. You should withdraw.

Thanks,

Stanford Waitlist

skynet

Postby skynet » Sat May 01, 2010 6:41 pm

Finally decided: check's in the mail to Stanford!

LawLucy

Postby LawLucy » Sat May 01, 2010 7:11 pm

smov_operator wrote:
The Dan wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:Is anyone else PUMPED for this weekend????
:D

Absolutely. If all goes according to plan, I'll be in Palo Alto sometime early Friday afternoon, staying with a friend I've barely seen since high school. It's gonna be a fun weekend. My first ever trip to California.

Beware. The State of California has been known to "grab" many a distance visitor Forever confining them to its endless beaches, slopes, cities, sunny weather, and laid-back lifestyle....

+1000

WhiskeyGuy

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Sun May 02, 2010 4:21 pm

skynet wrote:Finally decided: check's in the mail to Stanford!

Congrats!

pleasepickme

Postby pleasepickme » Tue May 25, 2010 5:27 pm

HOLY SHIT, IN OFF THE WAITLIST TODAY!!!!! I could not be more excited. This has been my dream all along. HOORAY!!!!!

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Hey, has anyone got a loan e-mail yet?? They said early-to-mid June when I called in May, so I'm just making sure I'm not missing something from them.

Thanks!

Havaianas

Postby Havaianas » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:37 pm

pleasepickme wrote:HOLY SHIT, IN OFF THE WAITLIST TODAY!!!!! I could not be more excited. This has been my dream all along. HOORAY!!!!!

Congratulations!!!! Me too now pretty please.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Sorry to bump (for the people waiting to see if more WL acceptances happen)!

Spoke to Alyson in financial aid today, we'll be getting our loan application stuff via email tomorrow. Hope that eases anyone else's nerves; I know I was starting to get worried.

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:47 am

I was just admitted off of the waitlist and am freaking out!!!! Dean Deal gave me until Friday to give a final answer, but I'm pretty sure I will be attending! If anyone could give me any advice about housing etc I'd be much appreciative :)

And when is orientation?

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Amelie wrote:I was just admitted off of the waitlist and am freaking out!!!! Dean Deal gave me until Friday to give a final answer, but I'm pretty sure I will be attending! If anyone could give me any advice about housing etc I'd be much appreciative :)

And when is orientation?

Orientation is the 25th, I believe. I'm pretty useless in the advice department, though.

Hope you choose to join us this fall!

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
Amelie wrote:I was just admitted off of the waitlist and am freaking out!!!! Dean Deal gave me until Friday to give a final answer, but I'm pretty sure I will be attending! If anyone could give me any advice about housing etc I'd be much appreciative :)

And when is orientation?

Orientation is the 25th, I believe. I'm pretty useless in the advice department, though.

Hope you choose to join us this fall!

Yup, if you live on campus, you can move in come August 23. Classes start August 30.

I'd check with Housing to see if you can still apply for on-campus, which I bet you can (at least one of the folks who was enrolled at SLS and left for Yale/Harvard was living in Munger, so there could be spots still open, if not, maybe in Rains or Escondido Village).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”