In at Stanford!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby adameus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:34 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
adameus wrote:wow! look at Herb's new Avatar. And he is posting in a humane manner. I guess that Yale acceptance has got him feeling good.

It's like an extremist version of the Managamy shift.


managamy is now cardinal rule is that right?

heyguys
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby heyguys » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:35 pm

legends159 wrote:
citydweller09 wrote:Well, just took a look at my award letter. Stanford cordially invites me to take out $70k+ in loans ... per year!

:lol:

Putting my withdrawal form in the mail tomorrow. Enjoy Palo Alto, y'all.


If SLS gave you nothing HLS sure isn't going to give you anything either.



Credited--Yale either. SLS was the most generous to me on the need-based aid. YLS was close second, and HLS...well....they weren't even seriously in the running.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby crackberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:37 pm

adameus wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
adameus wrote:wow! look at Herb's new Avatar. And he is posting in a humane manner. I guess that Yale acceptance has got him feeling good.

It's like an extremist version of the Managamy shift.


managamy is now cardinal rule is that right?

Yep - will edit if CR wants.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby adameus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:39 pm

what was he like before? Anyone care to PM me?

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby tomhobbes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:15 pm

Bizarre to see Herb farting rainbows these days.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 am

crackberry wrote:
adameus wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
adameus wrote:wow! look at Herb's new Avatar. And he is posting in a humane manner. I guess that Yale acceptance has got him feeling good.

It's like an extremist version of the Managamy shift.


managamy is now cardinal rule is that right?

Yep - will edit if CR wants.


Eh, I think that it's OK, Crack, but I appreciate the thought. Most people seem to have progressed beyond the brouhaha now, thankfully.

Back in my reprobate days, I derailed far more threads than Herb with far greater regularity.

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby somewhatwayward » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:28 am

CardinalRules wrote: reprobate


I don't think you'll ever completely leave those days behind:-)

User avatar
skynet
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:40 am

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby skynet » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:02 pm

Finaid from Stanford. Life just got complicated again. C.f. Kretzy's posts on same. I am stunned.

lawyering
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:27 am

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby lawyering » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:06 pm

skynet wrote:Finaid from Stanford. Life just got complicated again. C.f. Kretzy's posts on same. I am stunned.


+1 -- yale, please consider a match!

User avatar
theadw
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:05 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby theadw » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:33 pm

lawyering wrote:
skynet wrote:Finaid from Stanford. Life just got complicated again. C.f. Kretzy's posts on same. I am stunned.


+1 -- yale, please consider a match!


Did you submit on deadline, and did either have to submit any additional materials to the FinAid office?

User avatar
skynet
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:40 am

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby skynet » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:37 pm

theadw wrote:
lawyering wrote:
skynet wrote:Finaid from Stanford. Life just got complicated again. C.f. Kretzy's posts on same. I am stunned.


+1 -- yale, please consider a match!


Did you submit on deadline, and did either have to submit any additional materials to the FinAid office?

submitted mid-feb. sent in independence test the day it came out.

lawyering
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:27 am

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby lawyering » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:40 pm

theadw wrote:
lawyering wrote:
skynet wrote:Finaid from Stanford. Life just got complicated again. C.f. Kretzy's posts on same. I am stunned.


+1 -- yale, please consider a match!


Did you submit on deadline, and did either have to submit any additional materials to the FinAid office?


also submitted mid-feb. sent in the independence test a week after i got it.

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby BioEBear2010 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:43 pm

lawyering wrote:
theadw wrote:
lawyering wrote:
skynet wrote:Finaid from Stanford. Life just got complicated again. C.f. Kretzy's posts on same. I am stunned.


+1 -- yale, please consider a match!


Did you submit on deadline, and did either have to submit any additional materials to the FinAid office?


also submitted mid-feb. sent in the independence test a week after i got it.

I just got an e-mail stating that my award letter is ready. Does it really take 24 hours for me to get my account?

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby Kretzy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:44 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:I just got an e-mail stating that my award letter is ready. Does it really take 24 hours for me to get my account?


It's been taking between 2-4 hours for folks signing up now; I did it in Feb and it took about 8 hours.

User avatar
smov_operator
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby smov_operator » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Kretzy wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:I just got an e-mail stating that my award letter is ready. Does it really take 24 hours for me to get my account?


It's been taking between 2-4 hours for folks signing up now; I did it in Feb and it took about 8 hours.



It took a half hour for mine to be set up. I spent another 20min searching for the right link.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:13 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:
CardinalRules wrote: reprobate


I don't think you'll ever completely leave those days behind:-)


I'm going to take that comment as a compliment. :wink:

User avatar
clyde_barrow
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby clyde_barrow » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:01 pm

lawyering wrote:
skynet wrote:Finaid from Stanford. Life just got complicated again. C.f. Kretzy's posts on same. I am stunned.


+1 -- yale, please consider a match!

did yale undershoot your offer from SLS? i'd be very impressed if stanford outdoes my YLS package.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby crackberry » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:44 pm

Does "Stanford Law School" show up on anyone else's gchat list?

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby adameus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:50 pm

crackberry wrote:Does "Stanford Law School" show up on anyone else's gchat list?


are they online? If so, myself and a few hundred other TLS'ers would like to know the status of our application :)

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby crackberry » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:50 pm

adameus wrote:
crackberry wrote:Does "Stanford Law School" show up on anyone else's gchat list?


are they online? If so, myself and a few hundred other TLS'ers would like to know the status of our application :)

They most certainly are online. Or at least they were until a minute ago. It's why I posted.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby adameus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:56 pm

hmm, you should try saying Hello, see if they respond.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby crackberry » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:59 pm

adameus wrote:hmm, you should try saying Hello, see if they respond.

I will next time I notice they are online.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby adameus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:04 pm

crackberry wrote:
adameus wrote:hmm, you should try saying Hello, see if they respond.

I will next time I notice they are online.



seeing that it appears they are on vacation this week, it was probably just the school janitor using the computer to look at naughty things. either that or he was using the computer to solve incredibly hard math problems.

lawyering
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:27 am

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby lawyering » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:20 pm

clyde_barrow wrote:
lawyering wrote:
skynet wrote:Finaid from Stanford. Life just got complicated again. C.f. Kretzy's posts on same. I am stunned.


+1 -- yale, please consider a match!

did yale undershoot your offer from SLS? i'd be very impressed if stanford outdoes my YLS package.



Update: SLS gave me nearly twice the grants that YLS did, and when I asked YLS to match, i was completely turned down. Turns out they calculate expected contributions VERY differently (read: SLS does so far more kindly). Stanford just shot up 1,000,000 in my esteem.
Last edited by lawyering on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: In at Stanford!

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:28 pm

adameus wrote:
crackberry wrote:
adameus wrote:hmm, you should try saying Hello, see if they respond.

I will next time I notice they are online.



seeing that it appears they are on vacation this week, it was probably just the school janitor using the computer to look at naughty things. either that or he was using the computer to solve incredibly hard math problems.


Or maybe emailing Minnie Driver. :wink:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, freekick, katthegreat11, Kaziende, Keardus, Keilz, MSNbot Media, neptunian, nslaw123, okf731, pirate101, Rich Uncle Skeleton, stewhan, taxman14, tinafeyclone and 28 guests