In at Stanford! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
clyde_barrow

New

Re: In at Stanford!

Post by clyde_barrow » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:17 pm

got the call from asst. dean deal on friday! how long did it take ppl to receive dean kramer's email after deal's call?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:34 pm

clyde_barrow wrote:got the call from asst. dean deal on friday! how long did it take ppl to receive dean kramer's email after deal's call?
In my case, it was about a month.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:45 am

clyde_barrow wrote:got the call from asst. dean deal on friday! how long did it take ppl to receive dean kramer's email after deal's call?
Accepted: 12/11
Dean Kramer email: 1/13

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Got another SLS email today, this time from a current student who also graduated from my alma mater.

They're just blowing everyone else out of the water when it comes to contact and helpfulness :)

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:33 pm

Kretzy wrote:Got another SLS email today, this time from a current student who also graduated from my alma mater.

They're just blowing everyone else out of the water when it comes to contact and helpfulness :)
I never got that. Maybe due to my alma mater being what it is.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:35 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kretzy wrote:Got another SLS email today, this time from a current student who also graduated from my alma mater.

Fair. It's incredible though that my little liberal arts school will have at least 3 alums at SLS next year if I attend.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:41 pm

Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Fair. It's incredible though that my little liberal arts school will have at least 3 alums at SLS next year if I attend.
CC's a good school. I'm not really that surprised. Plus I imagine most CC alums are Westerners at heart, and SLS is the best school west of New Haven.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:39 pm

crackberry wrote:

I haven't gotten that email either.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:46 pm

managamy wrote:
crackberry wrote:

So managamy, I noticed in maybe the Yale thread (maybe not, I don't remember exactly which thread it was) that you said you were leaning toward SLS. That seems like a change of tune for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:20 pm

crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:
crackberry wrote:

So managamy, I noticed in maybe the Yale thread (maybe not, I don't remember exactly which thread it was) that you said you were leaning toward SLS. That seems like a change of tune for you.
Yes, it is a bit of a change for me. I've done some research and consulted various family friends who work for major law firms. Recruitment patterns suggest that S is as good as anywhere for California jobs, whether California-based firms or major firms with California offices. Considering that information, I'm not sure whether the time, effort, and expense of a transcontinental move merits the H experience. Realistically, I really have almost no interest in working anywhere else but California. (Plus, there's the climate factor; the more that I think about leaving California behind and the closer that such a departure looms, the less attractive it becomes.)

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:38 am

I just got the email that we were discussing earlier; it's a nice gesture. Earlier today, I emailed the Dean to set up an individual visit.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:33 am

managamy wrote:I just got the email that we were discussing earlier; it's a nice gesture. Earlier today, I emailed the Dean to set up an individual visit.
So you, as a current Stanford UG, got an email from a current SLS student who was a former Stanford UG?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:48 am

crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:I just got the email that we were discussing earlier; it's a nice gesture. Earlier today, I emailed the Dean to set up an individual visit.
So you, as a current Stanford UG, got an email from a current SLS student who was a former Stanford UG?
Yes, he graduated in 2002 and then attended a Paris program until 2004.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:51 am

managamy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Yes, he graduated in 2002 and then attended a Paris program until 2004.
Haha I'm amused. I sort of assume I'll be getting an email as well. I wonder if I'll know the person...

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:17 am

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to pick someone whom you didn't know, so that your opinion of the school (and thus your decision) wouldn't be influenced by your prior perceptions of that specific individual.

fidesverita

Bronze

Post by fidesverita » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:51 am

That's pretty nice of them... given that you two know The Farm well enough, I'd assume, and could always get in touch with alums more easily 8)

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:15 am

fidesverita wrote:That's pretty nice of them... given that you two know The Farm well enough, I'd assume, and could always get in touch with alums more easily 8)
To be honest, I know nobody at all at the law school, so the assistance was most welcome! :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:45 pm

managamy wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to pick someone whom you didn't know, so that your opinion of the school (and thus your decision) wouldn't be influenced by your prior perceptions of that specific individual.
Yeah, true, probably why they gave you someone who graduated UG in 2002, when you were in 8th grade.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:46 pm

managamy wrote:
fidesverita wrote:That's pretty nice of them... given that you two know The Farm well enough, I'd assume, and could always get in touch with alums more easily 8)
To be honest, I know nobody at all at the law school, so the assistance was most welcome! :)
Haha yeah I have a couple of Stanford UG friends who either went to or are currently at SLS, but it's always nice to get more opinions.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:37 pm

Just got the email from the current student, who graduated Stanford UG in 2002. He's also originally from NYC (like me). Looks like SLS went to pains to make sure they matched me with someone as similar to me as possible.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:08 am

crackberry wrote:Just got the email from the current student, who graduated Stanford UG in 2002. He's also originally from NYC (like me). Looks like SLS went to pains to make sure they matched me with someone as similar to me as possible.
My current student is from SF, so he's not at all similar to me in that respect. He's been very informative, though, and will be taking me to classes.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:10 am

crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to pick someone whom you didn't know, so that your opinion of the school (and thus your decision) wouldn't be influenced by your prior perceptions of that specific individual.
Yeah, true, probably why they gave you someone who graduated UG in 2002, when you were in 8th grade.
Hahahaha, I never went to "8th grade," but you certainly put things in perspective. He's just a little younger than my sister, so it's very comfortable talking with him.

mochafury

Bronze

Post by mochafury » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:43 pm

/
Last edited by mochafury on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

topanga

New

Post by topanga » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Hey TLSers! Sorry to bump this thread for something so anticlimactic, but I was accepted to SLS 2 years ago and deferred to this coming fall. So, it looks like some of us will be classmates next year!

I actually have a quick question geared to those who are currently in the Stanford area. I know that for a while AT&T had a monopoly on wireless coverage on the Stanford campus. Can someone tell me whether that is still the case? I'm currently on Verizon and have to plan whether to make the switch. Thanks!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:24 pm

topanga wrote:Hey TLSers! Sorry to bump this thread for something so anticlimactic, but I was accepted to SLS 2 years ago and deferred to this coming fall. So, it looks like some of us will be classmates next year!

I actually have a quick question geared to those who are currently in the Stanford area. I know that for a while AT&T had a monopoly on wireless coverage on the Stanford campus. Can someone tell me whether that is still the case? I'm currently on Verizon and have to plan whether to make the switch. Thanks!
AT&T is still the only carrier that will consistently get you 4 or 5 bars. Verizon and Sprint will get you 3 (sometimes 4) bars and tMobile basically doesn't work (for those coming from NYC).

It's hilarious that I know this.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”