In at Stanford! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Gold

Re: In at Stanford!

Post by crackberry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:13 am

Also, I'm sitting in Meyer Library right now, about 500 feet from the Law School. First time I've been back on campus since I got in. Feels pretty good.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:28 am

crackberry wrote:Also, I'm sitting in Meyer Library right now, about 500 feet from the Law School. First time I've been back on campus since I got in. Feels pretty good.
Wow, if I were on campus right now, I might just walk over there and surprise you. :P What are you doing in Meyer?

EDIT: It's possible that the email went to my spam folder; the subject line wouldn't have caught my eye. Oh well, I hope that I didn't miss it.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:36 am

managamy wrote:
crackberry wrote:Also, I'm sitting in Meyer Library right now, about 500 feet from the Law School. First time I've been back on campus since I got in. Feels pretty good.
Wow, if I were on campus right now, I might just walk over there and surprise you. :P What are you doing in Meyer?

EDIT: It's possible that the email went to my spam folder; the subject line wouldn't have caught my eye. Oh well, I hope that I didn't miss it.
I'm visiting an old friend and doing some work on one of the 24-inch iMacs on the 2nd floor. It's amazing how much better this computer is than my laptop.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:35 am

crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:

I'm visiting an old friend and doing some work on one of the 24-inch iMacs on the 2nd floor. It's amazing how much better this computer is than my laptop.
The study room had about 500 of them lined up in rows over the summer, just before I helped deploy them all over campus. Felt kinda strange being in the same room with almost $1 million of computers.

But yeah, they're quite a step up from the previous Macs and Dells.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:57 am

I have to go get my Form B signed...

Stanford is my #1.1 (Berk is #1). :mrgreen:

I hope they really like my PS/DS else I have zero chance.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:03 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laina

Bronze

Post by Laina » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:34 pm

Hayyyyyyyyy. :lol:

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:23 pm

booby87 wrote: 8)
Laina wrote:Hayyyyyyyyy. :lol:
Congrats guys. Well deserved and welcome.

citydweller09

Bronze

Post by citydweller09 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:11 pm

Heyyyyyyyy y'all. I'm in!

About how long after the acceptance call did folks get the package in the mail? I need reassurance that the phone call wasn't a well-executed practical joke.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ConMan345

Silver

Post by ConMan345 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Yaay! 8)

I actually bike through campus everyday and live across the street---it would be faster for me to pick up my package : b

omg----decisions, decisions.....

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:40 pm

I just got the personal e-mail from Dean Kramer. It's a really small touch, but a very nice one nonetheless.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:56 pm

citydweller09 wrote:Heyyyyyyyy y'all. I'm in!

About how long after the acceptance call did folks get the package in the mail? I need reassurance that the phone call wasn't a well-executed practical joke.
I got my package the day she called me actually. I live in SF and it was mailed on 12/10. I got the call and the package on 12/11. Call came first by about 2 hours.
ConMan345 wrote:Yaay! 8)

I actually bike through campus everyday and live across the street---it would be faster for me to pick up my package : b

omg----decisions, decisions.....
Welcome new admits!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Kretzy wrote:I just got the personal e-mail from Dean Kramer. It's a really small touch, but a very nice one nonetheless.
+1. He basically said that my GPA was the reason for my acceptance, which was interesting to know.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:36 am

managamy wrote:
Kretzy wrote:I just got the personal e-mail from Dean Kramer. It's a really small touch, but a very nice one nonetheless.
+1. He basically said that my GPA was the reason for my acceptance, which was interesting to know.
Did you get this phrase: "Your excellent record here on the Farm..."?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:05 am

crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:
Did you get this phrase: "Your excellent record here on the Farm..."?
Here's the first paragraph, which basically could have been sent to any admit from Stanford UG.

Dear Mr. Managamy,

I wanted to write you personally to congratulate you on your admission to Stanford Law School. Your excellent record here on the Farm made your application a compelling one for us. So now I want to tell you a bit about why I hope you’ll find us equally compelling and choose to come here.

<<The rest of the letter is generic for all admits.>>

Let's call it semi-personalized, shall we? :lol:

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:19 am

managamy wrote:Here's the first paragraph, which basically could have been sent to any admit from Stanford UG.

Dear Mr. Managamy,

I wanted to write you personally to congratulate you on your admission to Stanford Law School. Your excellent record here on the Farm made your application a compelling one for us. So now I want to tell you a bit about why I hope you’ll find us equally compelling and choose to come here.

Interesting. Means Faye tells Kramer (if Kramer is even the one to write the letter/click send) about softs. My first paragraph mentioned my PS, my on-campus leadership positions and my specific legal interests.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:28 am

crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:Here's the first paragraph, which basically could have been sent to any admit from Stanford UG.

Dear Mr. Managamy,

Interesting. Means Faye tells Kramer (if Kramer is even the one to write the letter/click send) about softs. My first paragraph mentioned my PS, my on-campus leadership positions and my specific legal interests.
My softs weren't worth mentioning since they were so distinctly inferior to my numbers.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

citydweller09

Bronze

Post by citydweller09 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:34 pm

Could someone post the dates of the ASW? I was told (twice) during my acceptance call, but immediately forgot amid all the excitement.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:38 pm

citydweller09 wrote:Could someone post the dates of the ASW? I was told (twice) during my acceptance call, but immediately forgot amid all the excitement.
April 17-19, Saturday through Monday.

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Kretzy wrote:
citydweller09 wrote:Could someone post the dates of the ASW? I was told (twice) during my acceptance call, but immediately forgot amid all the excitement.
Is there only one ASW/do those admitted after mid-April have options?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:15 pm

I talked to Financial Aid today, wondering if we'd get formal notification about receipt of the FAFSA/Need Access (since I sent mine today). They told me we would be getting a checklist on the Admitted Students' Site soon that would tell us everything they need from us and when it's due (apart from just financial aid stuff).
WhiskeyGuy wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
Is there only one ASW/do those admitted after mid-April have options?
Seems to be the only one.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

coollegemex

Bronze

Post by coollegemex » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Just marking this thread after my call today :D

chopsticks3092

New

Post by chopsticks3092 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:24 pm

So glad to be joining you guys! Just got the call today. Beyond stoked.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:57 pm

coollegemex wrote:Just marking this thread after my call today :D
chopsticks3092 wrote:So glad to be joining you guys! Just got the call today. Beyond stoked.
Congrats again to you both.

lightbulb1986

Bronze

Post by lightbulb1986 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:23 pm

Last edited by lightbulb1986 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”