In at Stanford! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Amelie

Silver

Re: In at Stanford!

Post by Amelie » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:54 pm

Thanks for the info! It looks like you need a student ID to get on the housing list so I'll have to wait, but I'm going to call tomorrow to accept my position so hopefully I'll get it soon!

Munger looks amazing, I really hope that spot is available. I'm still in such shock and have so much to do! Another question - any idea how many students have cars / is one necessary? I don't have a car now, but could get one if necessary...

theadw

Bronze

Post by theadw » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:32 am

Amelie wrote:Thanks for the info! It looks like you need a student ID to get on the housing list so I'll have to wait, but I'm going to call tomorrow to accept my position so hopefully I'll get it soon!

Munger looks amazing, I really hope that spot is available. I'm still in such shock and have so much to do! Another question - any idea how many students have cars / is one necessary? I don't have a car now, but could get one if necessary...
Unscientific sampling suggests that many (most?) folks on-campus & pretty much everyone off will have a car, but it's probably not necessary. One doesn't really need a car to get around Stanford & Palo Alto (or to & around San Francisco), but a car is probably needed for touristing outside of the city, which is a pretty worthy pursuit.

Lagunitan

New

Post by Lagunitan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:58 pm

Last edited by Lagunitan on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Thanks for the advice, Lagunitan!

And I found out today that I was able to be placed in Munger - but in the most expensive option (premium studio). I'm not getting any aid whatsoever, and the extra cost (about $3000 for the year versus the 4 bedroom) is a major worry. But I guess I'm lucky to have been placed, at all, so I can't complain too much.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”