Seattle 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby sarlis » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:38 pm

JOThompson wrote:I received the admissions packet yesterday. Of the several schools I've been accepted to, Seattle U put together the coolest, most helpful package.


+1. the binder and bumper sticker was very appealing.

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby mhd08 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:52 pm

Went complete on the 12th and am now in review... fingers crossed!!

SunDevil21
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:02 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby SunDevil21 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:48 am

sarlis wrote:
JOThompson wrote:I received the admissions packet yesterday. Of the several schools I've been accepted to, Seattle U put together the coolest, most helpful package.


+1. the binder and bumper sticker was very appealing.


Agreed. The bumper/window sticker was a very nice touch! Has anyone gotten $$$ yet? The Financial Aid letter in the packet said that the Award Letters would be mailed approximately 3 weeks after Acceptances, but no earlier than Mid-March...just curious if anyone got anything early??

SunDevil21
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:02 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby SunDevil21 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:53 am

mhd08 wrote:
SunDevil21 wrote:
mhd08 wrote:Seattle's one of my top choices because of their Sports & Entertainment Law program, but I feel like they're probably geared more towards sports than entertainment. If you're into sports law, you might want to check out their joint J.D./MSAL program (Master in Sports Administration and Leadership).


I have heard about Seattle U having a great Sports/Entertainment Law program, but have not found much literature on their website about it other than Entertainment and Sports Law Association...do you have any links that provide more information?

Also...is anyone that has been accepted already thinking about the Early Start option in the summer? I'm debating whether it would be worth it to more up to Seattle early and get some credits out of the way...



http://www.seattleu.edu/artsci/msal/Inner.aspx?id=17976 <--- joint J.D./MSAL program.

Their IP focus also includes some sports/entertainment law classes: http://www.law.seattleu.edu/Academics/C ... .xml#focus

There's also an Arts Legal Clinic: http://www.law.seattleu.edu/Academics/L ... #artslegal

Hope this helps. I personally am planning on applying for the MSAL program if I go to Seattle, but you can't apply for it until the spring.


Thanks for posting all this info, it's much appreciated! I printed out the MSAL info packet and it said that all classes are conducted in the Ellis Pavilion at Safeco Field? That's awesome. I am definitely planning on applying for the program if I decide on Seattle U. I got wait-listed at Marquette (another great sports law program) even though their ranking is lower than Seattle U..? I don't understand these admissions officers sometimes...

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby sarlis » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:54 am

SunDevil21 wrote:
sarlis wrote:
JOThompson wrote:I received the admissions packet yesterday. Of the several schools I've been accepted to, Seattle U put together the coolest, most helpful package.


+1. the binder and bumper sticker was very appealing.


Agreed. The bumper/window sticker was a very nice touch! Has anyone gotten $$$ yet? The Financial Aid letter in the packet said that the Award Letters would be mailed approximately 3 weeks after Acceptances, but no earlier than Mid-March...just curious if anyone got anything early??


I got mine, and i think mine came in the packet

User avatar
ChairmanWow
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:55 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby ChairmanWow » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:39 pm

sarlis wrote:
SunDevil21 wrote:
sarlis wrote:
JOThompson wrote:I received the admissions packet yesterday. Of the several schools I've been accepted to, Seattle U put together the coolest, most helpful package.


+1. the binder and bumper sticker was very appealing.


Agreed. The bumper/window sticker was a very nice touch! Has anyone gotten $$$ yet? The Financial Aid letter in the packet said that the Award Letters would be mailed approximately 3 weeks after Acceptances, but no earlier than Mid-March...just curious if anyone got anything early??


I got mine, and i think mine came in the packet



Got my admit packet yesterday with $18.5K/year!!!

From what I understand merit scholarships go out with the admit letters. It's loan & grant numbers that are figured out in Mid-March once they finalize what tuition will be and FAFSA is considered. Does that fit with what everyone else is hearing?

User avatar
rorystewart
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby rorystewart » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Anyone else still "Complete - In Review" since the middle of November??

User avatar
nickc8
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby nickc8 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:52 pm

rorystewart wrote:Anyone else still "Complete - In Review" since the middle of November??


I am...I hope they start sending out more decisions soon.

geostuck
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby geostuck » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:04 am

I have a very high LSAT score, but I took three times with a cancel. Have any of you taken it more than once? UW is not my thing, but SU is where I want to be.... but I took it four times and applied late. 4 times with a cancel, sub 150, sub 160 and finally a high 170..... Shaking in my boots.

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby mhd08 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:31 am

geostuck wrote:I have a very high LSAT score, but I took three times with a cancel. Have any of you taken it more than once? UW is not my thing, but SU is where I want to be.... but I took it four times and applied late. 4 times with a cancel, sub 150, sub 160 and finally a high 170..... Shaking in my boots.


I took the LSATs twice... 153 and then 161. I think you should be fine, especially with your upward trend. I've never had the opportunity to visit UW or SU, but applied to both. Why do you prefer SU over UW? I'm from NJ and have never been to Seattle, but from what I've heard I think I would love it. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated!!

User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby PDaddy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:40 am

nickc8 wrote:
leftieash wrote:
Congrats!!! When did you submit? And numbers?
Aw, thanks :) Submitted 11/19, went complete 12/2, and have a 3.99 & 166 (second score).


Oh wow...well, I have a similar GPA, but definitely not similar LSAT. I bet you'll get a nice scholarship offer. Congrats again!


Why are you looking at SeattleU? Are you married with kids. planning to go p/t, or caring for a relative?

jerzgrl630
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby jerzgrl630 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:55 pm

I got in on Friday!!! I am looking forward to the acceptance packet in the mail, I could really go for some money!

Either way it's pretty exciting. I got a great feeling from them at the LSAC Forum.

User avatar
ChairmanWow
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:55 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby ChairmanWow » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:26 pm

jerzgrl630 wrote:I got in on Friday!!! I am looking forward to the acceptance packet in the mail, I could really go for some money!

Either way it's pretty exciting. I got a great feeling from them at the LSAC Forum.



Congrats!

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby sarlis » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:36 pm

PDaddy wrote:
nickc8 wrote:
leftieash wrote:
Congrats!!! When did you submit? And numbers?
Aw, thanks :) Submitted 11/19, went complete 12/2, and have a 3.99 & 166 (second score).


Oh wow...well, I have a similar GPA, but definitely not similar LSAT. I bet you'll get a nice scholarship offer. Congrats again!


Why are you looking at SeattleU? Are you married with kids. planning to go p/t, or caring for a relative?


?

geostuck
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby geostuck » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:33 pm

mhd08 wrote:
geostuck wrote:I have a very high LSAT score, but I took three times with a cancel. Have any of you taken it more than once? UW is not my thing, but SU is where I want to be.... but I took it four times and applied late. 4 times with a cancel, sub 150, sub 160 and finally a high 170..... Shaking in my boots.


I took the LSATs twice... 153 and then 161. I think you should be fine, especially with your upward trend. I've never had the opportunity to visit UW or SU, but applied to both. Why do you prefer SU over UW? I'm from NJ and have never been to Seattle, but from what I've heard I think I would love it. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated!!


Interested in PD and or public interest work, and I have a working relationship with some of the lawyers affiliated with their poverty and criminal clinics. Also, I'm older, which is common at SU. I've been there a few times, the school has a great vibe, and I love the area. I'm looking for $$$, but the late application might f-me up.

By the way, last I read, UW averages LSATs; however, they do claim to take 70% of applicants from WA.

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby mhd08 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:35 pm

geostuck wrote:
mhd08 wrote:
geostuck wrote:I have a very high LSAT score, but I took three times with a cancel. Have any of you taken it more than once? UW is not my thing, but SU is where I want to be.... but I took it four times and applied late. 4 times with a cancel, sub 150, sub 160 and finally a high 170..... Shaking in my boots.


I took the LSATs twice... 153 and then 161. I think you should be fine, especially with your upward trend. I've never had the opportunity to visit UW or SU, but applied to both. Why do you prefer SU over UW? I'm from NJ and have never been to Seattle, but from what I've heard I think I would love it. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated!!


Interested in PD and or public interest work, and I have a working relationship with some of the lawyers affiliated with their poverty and criminal clinics. Also, I'm older, which is common at SU. I've been there a few times, the school has a great vibe, and I love the area. I'm looking for $$$, but the late application might f-me up.

By the way, last I read, UW averages LSATs; however, they do claim to take 70% of applicants from WA.



They average? Crap. Can't wait for that rejection letter!

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby mhd08 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:00 pm

For those who have received a decision, how long did it take to get a decision after your status checker changed to 'In review, decision pending'? I've been in review since 1/12, so I'm just wondering how long I should expect to wait.

User avatar
rorystewart
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby rorystewart » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:17 pm

In review since 11/17...

User avatar
nickc8
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby nickc8 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:29 pm

rorystewart wrote:In review since 11/17...


+1 and still no decision. But the last two waves were sent out on Fridays (according to LSN), so maybe tomorrow!

User avatar
meddlingkid
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby meddlingkid » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:32 pm

mhd08 wrote:For those who have received a decision, how long did it take to get a decision after your status checker changed to 'In review, decision pending'? I've been in review since 1/12, so I'm just wondering how long I should expect to wait.


I've been "in review decision pending" since 12/16.

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby mhd08 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:57 pm

Wow, guess I could be in for a long wait.

User avatar
ChairmanWow
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:55 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby ChairmanWow » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:46 pm

mhd08 wrote:For those who have received a decision, how long did it take to get a decision after your status checker changed to 'In review, decision pending'? I've been in review since 1/12, so I'm just wondering how long I should expect to wait.


I had been "In Review" since going complete on 10/8 (I sent it in when the gates opened on 10/1).

Status checker was updated to "admitted" on 1/8 and received the snail mail package one week later on 1/15.

User avatar
rorystewart
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby rorystewart » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:41 pm

In today via status checker. In review: 11/17.

User avatar
nickc8
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby nickc8 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:45 pm

rorystewart wrote:In today via status checker. In review: 11/17.


+1 :D

zermatt1
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby zermatt1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:55 pm

I got in today also! I was complete on 11/17




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”