Seattle 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby upfish » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:50 pm

Sunflower wrote:
juliosilverwolf wrote:At last... Admitted, per online status, Friday 4/9. I suppose that stuff on the website about only updating on Tuesdays was.... yeah. Now anxiously awaiting all the exciting mail.


Same here admitted 4/9


+1 =D

User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby oberlin08 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Sent my tuition deposit today - Will probably be seeing some of you in June, and the rest of you in August.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby akili » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Finally got a status checker!

User avatar
Izzle13
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:06 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby Izzle13 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Anyone going to the Open House this Friday? I'd love to meet up for a beer (or two) after the festivities...

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby mhd08 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Is anyone from the East Coast planning on attending SU? I'm from NJ and had finally decided on Rutgers instead of Seattle because of financial reasons. However, my very generous father told me last night that he would cover the difference in tuition if I lose my scholarship. This makes my decision uber hard, and I basically need to overnight my seat deposit. I fell in love with Seattle when I visited, but I'm a little bit nervous that the novelty will wear off after a few months and then I have to fly every time I want to go home. I have no connections or family in Seattle except for one distant cousin and her husband and kids. I don't know if going that far from home and everything I know would be exciting or just stressful and dentrimental to my focus and grades. Not really sure what to do at this point. I think I might overnight my deposit and give myself some more time to decide.

LadyLuck2010
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby LadyLuck2010 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:42 pm

In case you haven't check it out yet, the new rankings leaked today.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49285543@N07/

Looks like SU fell to #86. Oh well. I'm still going!

User avatar
Izzle13
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:06 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby Izzle13 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:43 pm

mhd08 wrote:Is anyone from the East Coast planning on attending SU? I'm from NJ and had finally decided on Rutgers instead of Seattle because of financial reasons. However, my very generous father told me last night that he would cover the difference in tuition if I lose my scholarship. This makes my decision uber hard, and I basically need to overnight my seat deposit. I fell in love with Seattle when I visited, but I'm a little bit nervous that the novelty will wear off after a few months and then I have to fly every time I want to go home. I have no connections or family in Seattle except for one distant cousin and her husband and kids. I don't know if going that far from home and everything I know would be exciting or just stressful and dentrimental to my focus and grades. Not really sure what to do at this point. I think I might overnight my deposit and give myself some more time to decide.


I called to ask for an extension on my deposit (since I don't visit there until after it's due) and they told me there is a 10-day grace period for deposits. You technically have until the 25th if you want to think it over some more...

Me-a Culpa
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:13 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby Me-a Culpa » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:46 pm

I'd call the fin office and explain... it's just before 3 here, and I think they are open until 5. Ask if they would take a card in this situation or at least a card number.

mhd08 wrote:Is anyone from the East Coast planning on attending SU? I'm from NJ and had finally decided on Rutgers instead of Seattle because of financial reasons. However, my very generous father told me last night that he would cover the difference in tuition if I lose my scholarship. This makes my decision uber hard, and I basically need to overnight my seat deposit. I fell in love with Seattle when I visited, but I'm a little bit nervous that the novelty will wear off after a few months and then I have to fly every time I want to go home. I have no connections or family in Seattle except for one distant cousin and her husband and kids. I don't know if going that far from home and everything I know would be exciting or just stressful and dentrimental to my focus and grades. Not really sure what to do at this point. I think I might overnight my deposit and give myself some more time to decide.

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby mhd08 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Izzle13 wrote:
mhd08 wrote:Is anyone from the East Coast planning on attending SU? I'm from NJ and had finally decided on Rutgers instead of Seattle because of financial reasons. However, my very generous father told me last night that he would cover the difference in tuition if I lose my scholarship. This makes my decision uber hard, and I basically need to overnight my seat deposit. I fell in love with Seattle when I visited, but I'm a little bit nervous that the novelty will wear off after a few months and then I have to fly every time I want to go home. I have no connections or family in Seattle except for one distant cousin and her husband and kids. I don't know if going that far from home and everything I know would be exciting or just stressful and dentrimental to my focus and grades. Not really sure what to do at this point. I think I might overnight my deposit and give myself some more time to decide.


I called to ask for an extension on my deposit (since I don't visit there until after it's due) and they told me there is a 10-day grace period for deposits. You technically have until the 25th if you want to think it over some more...


Good to know, I will definitely do that.

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby uwb09 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:04 pm

LadyLuck2010 wrote:In case you haven't check it out yet, the new rankings leaked today.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49285543@N07/

Looks like SU fell to #86. Oh well. I'm still going!

noticed that as well, relative to Pac-NW/Seattle region rankings, nothing changed at all though, so no biggie

although the ego took a minor hit when I saw that regardless :lol:

as far as the deposit issue, I would definitely call and explain that Seattle is your top choice, and that circumstances changed in the last couple days and you want to go, but relocating across the country is a little bit harder concept than you thought and you just need a couple more days to wrap your head around it

their admissions office has been kick ass with me so far

User avatar
PlugInBaby
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby PlugInBaby » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:04 pm

LadyLuck2010 wrote:In case you haven't check it out yet, the new rankings leaked today.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49285543@N07/

Looks like SU fell to #86. Oh well. I'm still going!


Have to say I got a little selfish gratification from that...serves them right for WL a 3.77/161.

KIM_SAYS:
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:16 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:00 pm

LadyLuck2010 wrote:In case you haven't check it out yet, the new rankings leaked today.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49285543@N07/

Looks like SU fell to #86. Oh well. I'm still going!


Not gonna lie, I'm disappointed. :? Oh well, like you said.

User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby oberlin08 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Has anyone had any success reaching Admissions in the past day or two?

I've been trying to call to confirm that they've received my deposit but no one is answering... and they all have 'Auto-Answer Out of Office' Replies on their email..

LadyLuck2010
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby LadyLuck2010 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:53 pm

oberlin08 wrote:Has anyone had any success reaching Admissions in the past day or two?

I've been trying to call to confirm that they've received my deposit but no one is answering... and they all have 'Auto-Answer Out of Office' Replies on their email..



Yeah, I called the 800 #. I talked to some girl asking about my deposit as well and she said she's been getting a TON of calls about it, but all the admissions counselors are out of the office today, so there's no way to verify that it was received since she doesn't have permission to go through the mail. She said it will be updated in the status checker once they formally receive it though. I'm going to call again tomorrow to make sure.

User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby oberlin08 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:55 pm

LadyLuck2010 wrote:
oberlin08 wrote:Has anyone had any success reaching Admissions in the past day or two?

I've been trying to call to confirm that they've received my deposit but no one is answering... and they all have 'Auto-Answer Out of Office' Replies on their email..



Yeah, I called the 800 #. I talked to some girl asking about my deposit as well and she said she's been getting a TON of calls about it, but all the admissions counselors are out of the office today, so there's no way to verify that it was received since she doesn't have permission to go through the mail. She said it will be updated in the status checker once they formally receive it though. I'm going to call again tomorrow to make sure.



OK.. I guess.. my only concern is that what if it somehow didn't get there, and then the deadline passes? I guess I'll have to rely on my tracking #...

seattlite
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby seattlite » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:20 pm

I talked with someone from Admissions in person at the Scholarship Dinner, and she said that while the checks would not be cashed until they got back from their retreat / conference, that I should be assured that they received the seat deposit. So, if you send in the seat deposit and get a confirmation of mailing and / or a green slip back saying that they received it, you should be golden. Also, as another poster alluded to, there is the 10 day grace period as well. Hope this helps to alleviate your fears.

Look forward to possibly seeing some of you in the Fall. :)

Me-a Culpa
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:13 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby Me-a Culpa » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:46 pm

They sent me an email the day they received my deposit -- it was sent about 20th and received four days later. I'm not sure if it has even cleared yet. My check for the application took over 5 weeks.

LadyLuck2010
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby LadyLuck2010 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Me-a Culpa wrote:They sent me an email the day they received my deposit -- it was sent about 20th and received four days later. I'm not sure if it has even cleared yet. My check for the application took over 5 weeks.


Hmm..that's interesting. I'm just freaking out because I sent mailed it off last Tuesday and only live a couple hours away.

Does anyone know how long they've been at this retreat thing?

Me-a Culpa
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:13 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby Me-a Culpa » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:04 pm

Mill Creek... so with traffic, I suppose I'm a couple hours away too!

I'm sure they are flooded with deposits today and tomorrow. With the ten extra days, I would not worry about it. Alternatively, you could send it by cert. or reg. mail for piece of mind.
LadyLuck2010 wrote:
Me-a Culpa wrote:They sent me an email the day they received my deposit -- it was sent about 20th and received four days later. I'm not sure if it has even cleared yet. My check for the application took over 5 weeks.


Hmm..that's interesting. I'm just freaking out because I sent mailed it off last Tuesday and only live a couple hours away.

Does anyone know how long they've been at this retreat thing?

Burnsie
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby Burnsie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:18 pm

I still haven't received a status checker...yet they cashed my check. WTF? Oh well Seattle....

juliosilverwolf
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:10 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby juliosilverwolf » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Has anyone who was accepted on 4/9 received anything in the mail yet? I live in Seattle and would have thought I'd have received something by now, but no dice.

User avatar
hannibalhamlin61
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby hannibalhamlin61 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:15 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
LadyLuck2010 wrote:In case you haven't check it out yet, the new rankings leaked today.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49285543@N07/

Looks like SU fell to #86. Oh well. I'm still going!


Have to say I got a little selfish gratification from that...serves them right for WL a 3.77/161.


I like how much shit-talking you do all over this site, despite the fact that you may be the most easily identifiable candidate in the history of these schools (if they are watching). I doubt SU will have a hard time figuring out which potential student they waitlisted, with your exact numbers, who tried to stab someone with scissors...

User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby oberlin08 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:48 pm

juliosilverwolf wrote:Has anyone who was accepted on 4/9 received anything in the mail yet? I live in Seattle and would have thought I'd have received something by now, but no dice.



It took them 10 days to send something to me, im in DC

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby upfish » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:00 pm

juliosilverwolf wrote:Has anyone who was accepted on 4/9 received anything in the mail yet? I live in Seattle and would have thought I'd have received something by now, but no dice.


I was accepted on 4/9 too, but have yet to get anything in the mail. Glad to know someone else is out there in the same sitch. I'm in Houston, though, so 6+ days might be reasonable? Still, though, I'd like to get the packet asap.

User avatar
ddav87
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby ddav87 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:17 pm

Sent in my deposit a few days ago but now I'm 100% sure i will be attending in the fall. :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”