Seattle 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Chudancha
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby Chudancha » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Its supposed to be shock. I got mine today also, nice big loans. lol

User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby oberlin08 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:29 pm

uwb09 wrote:please explain what :shock: :shock: :shock: equals haha



Shock and Awe

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby uwb09 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:24 pm

dang, no need-based grants at all?!

LadyLuck2010
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby LadyLuck2010 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:36 am

They probably figure you don't need to go to law school. How annoying.

User avatar
HG0506
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby HG0506 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:36 pm

In review since 02/08; hoping the update this Tuesday will bring some good news to a season so far of a reject and wait list.

Did get a financial aid info packet in the mail, though; otherwise no word.

akarmenia1
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby akarmenia1 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:49 am

HG0506 wrote:In review since 02/08; hoping the update this Tuesday will bring some good news to a season so far of a reject and wait list.

Did get a financial aid info packet in the mail, though; otherwise no word.


I've been in review since 02/08 as well. They weren't particularly nice the other day when I called to inquire, either.

QueueToo
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby QueueToo » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:47 pm

Hopefully this question is not entirely off-topic in here. I was accepted recently and just got my admit packet and the scholarship information--unlike other offers I have gotten--was only for the first year and did not say it was renewable for the other two years. Is that common for Seattle U?

Chudancha
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby Chudancha » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:21 pm

If you look at the second page it says it can be renewed if you are above the 25th percentile.

QueueToo
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby QueueToo » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Chudancha wrote:If you look at the second page it says it can be renewed if you are above the 25th percentile.


Good to read ahead... I didn't see anything under the FA tab on the other side and assumed I was missing something. Thanks!

KIM_SAYS:
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:16 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:43 am

Does anyone know if the scholarship dinner on Apr. 12th is casual/semi/or formal?

User avatar
AM05
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:47 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby AM05 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:38 pm

I hope it's not formal! I'm not sure how casual the dinner would be... FWIW I just bought a black dress from Ann Taylor Loft that I plan on wearing.

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby upfish » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:46 pm

akarmenia1 wrote:
HG0506 wrote:In review since 02/08; hoping the update this Tuesday will bring some good news to a season so far of a reject and wait list.

Did get a financial aid info packet in the mail, though; otherwise no word.


I've been in review since 02/08 as well. They weren't particularly nice the other day when I called to inquire, either.


In review since 2/11.

They don't seem to be waitlisting very many people according to LSN and relative to like, USF. I can't decide if that's good news or not.

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby uwb09 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:50 pm

i've been IR 2/1

they say 6-8 weeks, this is my 8th week, they better come through for me

being from seattle, and feeling lucky if i just get waitlisted at UW, Seattle U is a big option for me

Bobalou
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby Bobalou » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:08 pm

I was waitlisted last week and am putting together the requested additional materials. Is it ok to email these things, or should I send them via snail mail?

User avatar
echelon
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:37 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby echelon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:33 pm

I applied late to Seattle U on 2/18 - had not heard anything as of today, so I called to make sure they got my application fee and signature. I was informed they received it on 2/22, but still haven't processed it a month after the fact.

I don't even have a status checker at this point.

Seattle U is the #1 option for me and I'm eager to hear back.

bagosian
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:36 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby bagosian » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:39 pm

echelon wrote:I applied late to Seattle U on 2/18 - had not heard anything as of today, so I called to make sure they got my application fee and signature. I was informed they received it on 2/22, but still haven't processed it a month after the fact.

I don't even have a status checker at this point.

Seattle U is the #1 option for me and I'm eager to hear back.


Similar situation. Got the application received email a month ago, still no status checker.

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby upfish » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:22 pm

echelon wrote:I applied late to Seattle U on 2/18 - had not heard anything as of today, so I called to make sure they got my application fee and signature. I was informed they received it on 2/22, but still haven't processed it a month after the fact.

I don't even have a status checker at this point.

Seattle U is the #1 option for me and I'm eager to hear back.


Don't worry too hard about this. They did the SAME thing to me and I applied on time. I sent materials 2/2, and didn't hear back from them 'til March 11th, at which point I found out I'd been complete since 2/11. So, they are just kinda slow about getting you a checker and a confirmation email.

LadyLuck2010
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby LadyLuck2010 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:36 pm

For those of you attending the admitted students day this Friday, how do you plan on dressing? Business casual? Casual?

User avatar
rorystewart
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby rorystewart » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:36 pm

I'll be there, in full caus garb.

User avatar
AM05
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:47 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby AM05 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:49 pm

LadyLuck2010 wrote:For those of you attending the admitted students day this Friday, how do you plan on dressing? Business casual? Casual?


I'm thinking nice casual.

Chudancha
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby Chudancha » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:11 pm

AM05 wrote:
LadyLuck2010 wrote:For those of you attending the admitted students day this Friday, how do you plan on dressing? Business casual? Casual?


I'm thinking nice casual.


That's my plan also.

MD/JD2B
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:06 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby MD/JD2B » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:25 pm

ASD this FRIDAY? How did I miss this?? Was it a separate mailing or in the big folder? Thanks for your help!!

User avatar
christine2013
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby christine2013 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:34 pm

Kind of random but are any of the visiting students meeting up at a restaurant friday night to get food/drinks after the open house? I don't know anyone so it would be nice to meet up with people who are also checking out the school? I am from SF so Ill be staying the whole weekend to check out the city too.

Chudancha
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby Chudancha » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:53 pm

Its an open house, about four hours. You had to rsvp (still may be room available though), but the info can be found tucked away on the website or in the acceptance package.

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby uwb09 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:58 pm

In via Status Checker!!!! :D

says I was admitted on 03/19/2010, nothing under mailings, hopefully I have a nice package waiting for me when I get home




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bloomsday and 10 guests