Seattle 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
upfish

Silver

Re: Seattle 2010

Post by upfish » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:50 pm

Sunflower wrote:
juliosilverwolf wrote:At last... Admitted, per online status, Friday 4/9. I suppose that stuff on the website about only updating on Tuesdays was.... yeah. Now anxiously awaiting all the exciting mail.
Same here admitted 4/9
+1 =D

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Sent my tuition deposit today - Will probably be seeing some of you in June, and the rest of you in August.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Finally got a status checker!

Izzle13

New

Post by Izzle13 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Anyone going to the Open House this Friday? I'd love to meet up for a beer (or two) after the festivities...

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Is anyone from the East Coast planning on attending SU? I'm from NJ and had finally decided on Rutgers instead of Seattle because of financial reasons. However, my very generous father told me last night that he would cover the difference in tuition if I lose my scholarship. This makes my decision uber hard, and I basically need to overnight my seat deposit. I fell in love with Seattle when I visited, but I'm a little bit nervous that the novelty will wear off after a few months and then I have to fly every time I want to go home. I have no connections or family in Seattle except for one distant cousin and her husband and kids. I don't know if going that far from home and everything I know would be exciting or just stressful and dentrimental to my focus and grades. Not really sure what to do at this point. I think I might overnight my deposit and give myself some more time to decide.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LadyLuck2010

New

Post by LadyLuck2010 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:42 pm

In case you haven't check it out yet, the new rankings leaked today.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49285543@N07/

Looks like SU fell to #86. Oh well. I'm still going!

Izzle13

New

Post by Izzle13 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:43 pm

mhd08 wrote:Is anyone from the East Coast planning on attending SU? I'm from NJ and had finally decided on Rutgers instead of Seattle because of financial reasons. However, my very generous father told me last night that he would cover the difference in tuition if I lose my scholarship. This makes my decision uber hard, and I basically need to overnight my seat deposit. I fell in love with Seattle when I visited, but I'm a little bit nervous that the novelty will wear off after a few months and then I have to fly every time I want to go home. I have no connections or family in Seattle except for one distant cousin and her husband and kids. I don't know if going that far from home and everything I know would be exciting or just stressful and dentrimental to my focus and grades. Not really sure what to do at this point. I think I might overnight my deposit and give myself some more time to decide.
I called to ask for an extension on my deposit (since I don't visit there until after it's due) and they told me there is a 10-day grace period for deposits. You technically have until the 25th if you want to think it over some more...

Me-a Culpa

Bronze

Post by Me-a Culpa » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:46 pm

I'd call the fin office and explain... it's just before 3 here, and I think they are open until 5. Ask if they would take a card in this situation or at least a card number.
mhd08 wrote:Is anyone from the East Coast planning on attending SU? I'm from NJ and had finally decided on Rutgers instead of Seattle because of financial reasons. However, my very generous father told me last night that he would cover the difference in tuition if I lose my scholarship. This makes my decision uber hard, and I basically need to overnight my seat deposit. I fell in love with Seattle when I visited, but I'm a little bit nervous that the novelty will wear off after a few months and then I have to fly every time I want to go home. I have no connections or family in Seattle except for one distant cousin and her husband and kids. I don't know if going that far from home and everything I know would be exciting or just stressful and dentrimental to my focus and grades. Not really sure what to do at this point. I think I might overnight my deposit and give myself some more time to decide.

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Izzle13 wrote:
I called to ask for an extension on my deposit (since I don't visit there until after it's due) and they told me there is a 10-day grace period for deposits. You technically have until the 25th if you want to think it over some more...
Good to know, I will definitely do that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:04 pm

LadyLuck2010 wrote:In case you haven't check it out yet, the new rankings leaked today.

noticed that as well, relative to Pac-NW/Seattle region rankings, nothing changed at all though, so no biggie

although the ego took a minor hit when I saw that regardless :lol:

as far as the deposit issue, I would definitely call and explain that Seattle is your top choice, and that circumstances changed in the last couple days and you want to go, but relocating across the country is a little bit harder concept than you thought and you just need a couple more days to wrap your head around it

their admissions office has been kick ass with me so far

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:04 pm

LadyLuck2010 wrote:In case you haven't check it out yet, the new rankings leaked today.

Have to say I got a little selfish gratification from that...serves them right for WL a 3.77/161.

KIM_SAYS:

New

Post by KIM_SAYS: » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:00 pm

Not gonna lie, I'm disappointed. :? Oh well, like you said.

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Has anyone had any success reaching Admissions in the past day or two?

I've been trying to call to confirm that they've received my deposit but no one is answering... and they all have 'Auto-Answer Out of Office' Replies on their email..

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LadyLuck2010

New

Post by LadyLuck2010 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:53 pm

oberlin08 wrote:Has anyone had any success reaching Admissions in the past day or two?

I've been trying to call to confirm that they've received my deposit but no one is answering... and they all have 'Auto-Answer Out of Office' Replies on their email..

Yeah, I called the 800 #. I talked to some girl asking about my deposit as well and she said she's been getting a TON of calls about it, but all the admissions counselors are out of the office today, so there's no way to verify that it was received since she doesn't have permission to go through the mail. She said it will be updated in the status checker once they formally receive it though. I'm going to call again tomorrow to make sure.

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:55 pm

LadyLuck2010 wrote:
oberlin08 wrote:Has anyone had any success reaching Admissions in the past day or two?

Yeah, I called the 800 #. I talked to some girl asking about my deposit as well and she said she's been getting a TON of calls about it, but all the admissions counselors are out of the office today, so there's no way to verify that it was received since she doesn't have permission to go through the mail. She said it will be updated in the status checker once they formally receive it though. I'm going to call again tomorrow to make sure.

OK.. I guess.. my only concern is that what if it somehow didn't get there, and then the deadline passes? I guess I'll have to rely on my tracking #...

seattlite

New

Post by seattlite » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:20 pm

I talked with someone from Admissions in person at the Scholarship Dinner, and she said that while the checks would not be cashed until they got back from their retreat / conference, that I should be assured that they received the seat deposit. So, if you send in the seat deposit and get a confirmation of mailing and / or a green slip back saying that they received it, you should be golden. Also, as another poster alluded to, there is the 10 day grace period as well. Hope this helps to alleviate your fears.

Look forward to possibly seeing some of you in the Fall. :)

Me-a Culpa

Bronze

Post by Me-a Culpa » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:46 pm

They sent me an email the day they received my deposit -- it was sent about 20th and received four days later. I'm not sure if it has even cleared yet. My check for the application took over 5 weeks.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LadyLuck2010

New

Post by LadyLuck2010 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Me-a Culpa wrote:They sent me an email the day they received my deposit -- it was sent about 20th and received four days later. I'm not sure if it has even cleared yet. My check for the application took over 5 weeks.
Hmm..that's interesting. I'm just freaking out because I sent mailed it off last Tuesday and only live a couple hours away.

Does anyone know how long they've been at this retreat thing?

Me-a Culpa

Bronze

Post by Me-a Culpa » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:04 pm

Mill Creek... so with traffic, I suppose I'm a couple hours away too!

I'm sure they are flooded with deposits today and tomorrow. With the ten extra days, I would not worry about it. Alternatively, you could send it by cert. or reg. mail for piece of mind.
LadyLuck2010 wrote:
Me-a Culpa wrote:They sent me an email the day they received my deposit -- it was sent about 20th and received four days later. I'm not sure if it has even cleared yet. My check for the application took over 5 weeks.
Hmm..that's interesting. I'm just freaking out because I sent mailed it off last Tuesday and only live a couple hours away.

Does anyone know how long they've been at this retreat thing?

Burnsie

New

Post by Burnsie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:18 pm

I still haven't received a status checker...yet they cashed my check. WTF? Oh well Seattle....

juliosilverwolf

New

Post by juliosilverwolf » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Has anyone who was accepted on 4/9 received anything in the mail yet? I live in Seattle and would have thought I'd have received something by now, but no dice.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hannibalhamlin61

New

Post by hannibalhamlin61 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:15 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:

Have to say I got a little selfish gratification from that...serves them right for WL a 3.77/161.
I like how much shit-talking you do all over this site, despite the fact that you may be the most easily identifiable candidate in the history of these schools (if they are watching). I doubt SU will have a hard time figuring out which potential student they waitlisted, with your exact numbers, who tried to stab someone with scissors...

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:48 pm

juliosilverwolf wrote:Has anyone who was accepted on 4/9 received anything in the mail yet? I live in Seattle and would have thought I'd have received something by now, but no dice.

It took them 10 days to send something to me, im in DC

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:00 pm

juliosilverwolf wrote:Has anyone who was accepted on 4/9 received anything in the mail yet? I live in Seattle and would have thought I'd have received something by now, but no dice.
I was accepted on 4/9 too, but have yet to get anything in the mail. Glad to know someone else is out there in the same sitch. I'm in Houston, though, so 6+ days might be reasonable? Still, though, I'd like to get the packet asap.

ddav87

New

Post by ddav87 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:17 pm

Sent in my deposit a few days ago but now I'm 100% sure i will be attending in the fall. :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”