Seattle 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PlugInBaby

Bronze

Re: Seattle 2010

Post by PlugInBaby » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:08 pm

DonnyMost wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:Seeing all these people get in with lower stats, I'm tempted to call admissions to see if i was waitlisted by mistake...probably not a smart move though...but tempting.
those jesuits work in mysterious ways
In all seriousness, should I even try to see if they have the correct GPA and LSAT score on my file or any other clerical error or would this be taken as a big insult that would all but DQ from getting in from the waitlist (they are going to have to show me the money at this point).

Here is the current LSN graph of Seattle U to demonstrate the sheer ridiculousness of it all. In a sea of green, in my yellow submarine.

http://seattle.lawschoolnumbers.com/sta ... Cycle=0910
Might not be a bad idea.

Write them a really flattering LOCI, too.

But avoid playing the "but why meeee?!" card.

Just keep knocking, that door will open.

P.S. I think you should get in for that clever analogy alone.
Got the nice LOCI done and sent early this week. Still would like other peoples thoughts about politely inquiring about the scores in the database wtihout pretense thought.

P.S. I think that's more of an applied reference rather than an analogy :P

hotdog123

Bronze

Post by hotdog123 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:10 pm

PlugInBaby wrote: Got the nice LOCI done and sent early this week. Still would like other peoples thoughts about politely inquiring about the scores in the database wtihout pretense thought.

I knew it wasn't an analogy, but that was the closest thing my little non-T14 brain could come up with. Damn you, genetic limitations.

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Just found out I was accepted via status checker! So excited!!

hotdog123

Bronze

Post by hotdog123 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:52 pm

mhd08 wrote:Just found out I was accepted via status checker! So excited!!
Congrats! care to give us your stats and dates?

I think you may have posted them already, but I'm lazy :mrgreen:

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:05 pm

DonnyMost wrote:
mhd08 wrote:Just found out I was accepted via status checker! So excited!!
Congrats! care to give us your stats and dates?

I think you may have posted them already, but I'm lazy :mrgreen:
Thanks! I applied 10/13, but took the LSATs again in December so I didn't go complete until 1/12. It's not on my status checker anymore, but I believe I went in review on 1/21. Stats: 161/3.39/non-URM. Hoping for some $$ to make this realistic!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Got in as well!

haider

New

Post by haider » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:34 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
Got the nice LOCI done and sent early this week. Still would like other peoples thoughts about politely inquiring about the scores in the database wtihout pretense thought.

I would first check on LSAC your academic report and any other PDFs you can find on there. Make sure it's not an LSAC error and they didn't enter in some wrong numbers somewhere. If everything there looks good, I don't think a polite phone call could hurt...

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:05 pm

haider wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:

I would first check on LSAC your academic report and any other PDFs you can find on there. Make sure it's not an LSAC error and they didn't enter in some wrong numbers somewhere. If everything there looks good, I don't think a polite phone call could hurt...
Made the polite phone call, everything is correct...this whole situation is bizarre.

hotdog123

Bronze

Post by hotdog123 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:14 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
haider wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:

Made the polite phone call, everything is correct...this whole situation is bizarre.
I hope to god you dropped the yellow submarine line on them, that would've been gold.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:26 pm

DonnyMost wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
haider wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:

I hope to god you dropped the yellow submarine line on them, that would've been gold.
Nah, that would be fool's gold. I just politely and without pretense asked the LSAT and GPA on file. They may have ascertained shock due to me asking, but I didn't insinuate any mistakes or express outward disappointment.

KIM_SAYS:

New

Post by KIM_SAYS: » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:25 am

KIM_SAYS: wrote:
Damn, nice!! My stats are VERY similar to your BF's, so I'll be hoping for a similar outcome! As long as I get into SU I'll be a very happy girl. :):):) But this is my current status...

Current Status: File Complete - In Review
Current Status Date: 1/14/2010
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 1/14/2010

This means they've finished reviewing right??
Can someone confirm what this means? Did everyone have two statuses like this while their app was in review? I'm just anxious to know if they're close to making a decision...

wh3931110

New

Post by wh3931110 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:32 pm

i've been like that since october :(

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:33 pm

Damn, nice!! My stats are VERY similar to your BF's, so I'll be hoping for a similar outcome! As long as I get into SU I'll be a very happy girl. :):):) But this is my current status...

Can someone confirm what this means? Did everyone have two statuses like this while their app was in review? I'm just anxious to know if they're close to making a decision...
Well the top one now says waitlisted for me...but the bottom one hasn't changed..because a waitilist isn't a final decision.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hotdog123

Bronze

Post by hotdog123 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:44 pm

Can't believe I've been in review at Seattle for nearly 6 weeks now.

These guys must be seriously sick of reading my crap.

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:46 pm

I was in review for about 2 months..

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:59 pm

I sent in my app on Jan 21st, I just got the e-mail today with my status checker login, status checker says my application went complete - in review on Feb 1st

so lame

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:56 pm

Strange... my status checker just went from File Complete/In Review on 2/3 to 2/1. Now I've seen them update to a later date, but I've never seen my status checker go back in time!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hotdog123

Bronze

Post by hotdog123 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:02 pm

roguey wrote:Strange... my status checker just went from File Complete/In Review on 2/3 to 2/1. Now I've seen them update to a later date, but I've never seen my status checker go back in time!
That's awesome. If this keeps up you'll get accepted into the class of 2009!

haider

New

Post by haider » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:09 am

PlugInBaby wrote:

Well the top one now says waitlisted for me...but the bottom one hasn't changed..because a waitilist isn't a final decision.
Both mine and my boyfriend's looked like yours, then they both changed to:

Current Status: Deposit Pending
Current Status Date: 4/15/2010
Decision Status: Admitted
Decision Status Date: 1/29/2010

It took a couple of weeks for each of us to change from what yours currently looks like to this, so you've probably got a little bit of a wait.

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:12 am

DonnyMost wrote:
roguey wrote:Strange... my status checker just went from File Complete/In Review on 2/3 to 2/1. Now I've seen them update to a later date, but I've never seen my status checker go back in time!
That's awesome. If this keeps up you'll get accepted into the class of 2009!
Maybe if there's a multiplier effect I will be graduating in August!!!

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 am

I'm so excited I was admitted, but I need some really good reasons to pick up and move clear across the country. I've never been to Seattle, but I've heard it's amazing (aside from the rain) and I would really enjoy living there. Pros: I'm big into the outdoors. I ski, rock climb, camp, hike, etc. Seattle seems to offer the best of both worlds: urban but with tons of outdoor activities nearby. I'm also a coffee fanatic. It just seems like a very cool city in general, and I think the QOL might really be a match for me. Cons: The majority of my family and friends are in NJ and NY. I went to Florida for undergrad, so I know how hard it is to be that far. However, I think my lifestyle is more suitable for the PNW than Florida. I also know that it's annoying and expensive to have to fly back and forth for Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. I also haven't heard amazing things about the job market. Obviously it's like that everywhere, so I don't know if I should worry too much about that. Can anyone from Seattle offer any insight on how easy it is to relocate to Seattle? Are people generally friendly and open to newcomers? Obviously I'm going to visit and get a better feel for the city, but I want to be absolutely certain before I commit 10+ years to a city so far from everything/one I know.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:05 pm

mhd08 wrote:Pros: I'm big into the outdoors. I ski, rock climb, camp, hike, etc. Seattle seems to offer the best of both worlds: urban but with tons of outdoor activities nearby. I'm also a coffee fanatic. It just seems like a very cool city in general, and I think the QOL might really be a match for me. Cons: The majority of my family and friends are in NJ and NY. I went to Florida for undergrad, so I know how hard it is to be that far. However, I think my lifestyle is more suitable for the PNW than Florida. I also know that it's annoying and expensive to have to fly back and forth for Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. I also haven't heard amazing things about the job market. Obviously it's like that everywhere, so I don't know if I should worry too much about that. Can anyone from Seattle offer any insight on how easy it is to relocate to Seattle? Are people generally friendly and open to newcomers? Obviously I'm going to visit and get a better feel for the city, but I want to be absolutely certain before I commit 10+ years to a city so far from everything/one I know.
I am in a similar situation. I have never been to Seattle, but I think I would love it. I love coffee and the think Seattle is amazing. But I am from Ohio, and just like you, everyone I know is in Ohio (in your case NJ NY). It is going to be a tough decision to make.

any insight from people who have made the move would be appreciated!

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:10 pm

I'm late to the party (just applied) but psyched about Seattle. I live in Spokane right now and have been to Seattle quite a bit if you guys want any VERY general impressions!

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:13 pm

akili wrote:I'm late to the party (just applied) but psyched about Seattle. I live in Spokane right now and have been to Seattle quite a bit if you guys want any VERY general impressions!
yes please! lol

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Basically it's awesome. The downtown area is really fun and there is lots to do. There is a place to go curling (for Winter Olympic fans)! There are very different areas of town that are close together and very connected. It's pretty bike-friendly and the bus system is great. There is a HUGE variety of food. The U-District has a street called the Ave that has a ton of different restaurants and stores. It's very catered to college students (aka nice on a budget). The waterfront is gorgeous. The rain and clouds sometimes make for amazing sunsets. I have to admit that my experiences have all been during the summer when the weather is superb. Plus, Portland is pretty great as well.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”