Seattle 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Seattle 2010

Postby oberlin08 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:34 am

Anyone heard anything yet?

They sent out this email (below) so I think decisions should be coming soon...



Greetings from Seattle University School of Law Student Financial Services. Thank you for your interest in our institution.

Typically you would have received financial aid information from our department by now. However, some of the material we send includes suggestions on completing the FAFSA but the 2010-11 FAFSA is still in draft form. The Department of Education expects it to be finalized within a week or so but since that considerably delays our correspondence with you I wanted to let you know you will be hearing from us soon.

Once the FAFSA is finalized and as soon as our materials are ready, you will receive a small pamphlet called Financing Your Legal Education. It gives an overview of the financial aid available at Seattle University School of Law. We will also include Financial Aid Instructions and a Pre/Post Admit Checklist to help you navigate the necessary financial aid steps.

We suggest you complete the 2010-11 FAFSA (http://www.fafsa.gov) as soon as possible on or after January 1, 2010. You may use estimated tax information and then update it after your taxes are completed. Once admitted, you should receive a welcome letter indicating the status of your financial aid file to date.

If your financial aid file is complete, it will be evaluated after 2010-11 tuition is set by the Board of Trustees around the first of March. Financial aid award letters will be sent out approximately three weeks after your admit letter is received but no earlier than mid-March because of when tuition is set. Financial aid files are evaluated by admit date. For instance, applicants with completed financial aid files admitted in early January will be the first evaluated for an award letter and so on by admit date.

You are welcome to contact our office at any time with financial aid questions or if you would like to know what types of aid may be available prior to receiving an award letter. You may find our web site helpful at http://www.law.seattleu.edu/financialservices. We are happy to discuss your options and help you through the financial aid process. Please contact us at 206.398.4250 or lawfa@seattleu.edu.

We look forward to serving you.

Happy Holidays!

Best wishes,
Kathleen Koch, Assistant Dean
SEATTLE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
Student Financial Services

lawlec48
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby lawlec48 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:58 am

I sent an email a couple days back about my application status, which has been complete since 11/13/2009. To which I received this reply:

"Our first decisions will be going out in early January, and the first decisions would be for those applicants whose files completed at the beginning of October. Files are read in date order and decisions go out based on the date the file was completed. After our first decisions go out in January, decisions are then made weekly."

So it looks like another 4-6 weeks before we will start hearing about decisions from SU.

User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby oberlin08 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:04 am

lawlec48 wrote:I sent an email a couple days back about my application status, which has been complete since 11/13/2009. To which I received this reply:

"Our first decisions will be going out in early January, and the first decisions would be for those applicants whose files completed at the beginning of October. Files are read in date order and decisions go out based on the date the file was completed. After our first decisions go out in January, decisions are then made weekly."

So it looks like another 4-6 weeks before we will start hearing about decisions from SU.



nice...

User avatar
nickc8
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby nickc8 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:39 am

oberlin08 wrote:Anyone heard anything yet?


I'm in review...looking forward to a response.

User avatar
ILoveClowns8
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby ILoveClowns8 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:42 am

Looking forward to hearing from them too.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby JOThompson » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:56 pm

Did anyone receive a Christmas card from the admissions office?

User avatar
nickc8
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby nickc8 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:58 pm

JOThompson wrote:Did anyone receive a Christmas card from the admissions office?


No...via snail mail or email?

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby JOThompson » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Got mine via snail mail on Friday. It says "Happy Holidays from Seattle University School of Law." I'm not a stellar applicant, so I'm not sure why I got the card, other than that I visited their Forum table.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby sarlis » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Thanks for starting the tread! I am waiting to hear, too.

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby km23 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:47 pm

.
Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby sarlis » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:28 pm

WOW did anyone else get the email today; subject line: Seattle University School of Law Admissions?
.
.
.
.
Just a news letter..... UGH!

User avatar
nickc8
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby nickc8 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:30 pm

sarlis wrote:WOW did anyone else get the email today; subject line: Seattle University School of Law Admissions?
.
.
.
.
Just a news letter..... UGH!


YES. I hate that...I got excited for nothing. BOOOO

User avatar
nickc8
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby nickc8 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:31 pm

Someone on LSN is reporting being accepted as of today.

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby km23 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:19 pm

.
Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby sarlis » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:20 pm

I didn't get a card...

jerzgrl630
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby jerzgrl630 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:36 pm

nickc8 wrote:
sarlis wrote:WOW did anyone else get the email today; subject line: Seattle University School of Law Admissions?
.
.
.
.
Just a news letter..... UGH!


YES. I hate that...I got excited for nothing. BOOOO


OMG I was PISSED over that. It's just so wrong to play with our emotions like that.

leftieash
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby leftieash » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:38 pm

Accepted -- on the status checker. Went from "under review" to accepted. But no email or anything yet.

Current Status: Deposit Pending
Current Status Date: 4/15/2010
Decision Status: Admitted
Decision Status Date: 12/18/2009

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby JOThompson » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:00 pm

I must have half a dozen pamphlets, cards, emails, etc. from them now. My heart flutters before I read each one. Still waiting for a decision. Congrats to those who have been admitted and good luck to everyone else who's waiting.

User avatar
nickc8
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby nickc8 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:12 pm

leftieash wrote:Accepted -- on the status checker. Went from "under review" to accepted. But no email or anything yet.

Current Status: Deposit Pending
Current Status Date: 4/15/2010
Decision Status: Admitted
Decision Status Date: 12/18/2009


Congrats!!! When did you submit? And numbers?

leftieash
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby leftieash » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:21 pm

nickc8 wrote:
leftieash wrote:Accepted -- on the status checker. Went from "under review" to accepted. But no email or anything yet.

Current Status: Deposit Pending
Current Status Date: 4/15/2010
Decision Status: Admitted
Decision Status Date: 12/18/2009


Congrats!!! When did you submit? And numbers?


Aw, thanks :) Submitted 11/19, went complete 12/2, and have a 3.99 & 166 (second score).

User avatar
nickc8
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby nickc8 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:30 pm

leftieash wrote:
Congrats!!! When did you submit? And numbers?
Aw, thanks :) Submitted 11/19, went complete 12/2, and have a 3.99 & 166 (second score).


Oh wow...well, I have a similar GPA, but definitely not similar LSAT. I bet you'll get a nice scholarship offer. Congrats again!

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby mhd08 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:32 pm

Congrats, I'm jealous!! I got a Christmas card in the mail today and I also got the newsletter that got my hopes up about being admitted.... not cool!

User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby oberlin08 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:40 pm

I got the email newsletter.

argh

User avatar
amputatedbrain
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby amputatedbrain » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:18 pm

Also in by status checker today, with no email or anything else. I have pretty high numbers for SU (its one of my safeties), but I also submitted real early in the cycle (within a week of application becoming active), so I'm not sure which one played into the quick response more. Good luck to everyone else!

nashvillestar
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Seattle 2010

Postby nashvillestar » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:44 pm

I got the Christmas greeting too. There was a handwritten note in there. Anyone else had a handwritten note?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”