Rutgers-Camden

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Onion

Re: Rutgers-Camden

Postby Onion » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Got the shirt and hat... NICE!

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:04 pm

champ33 wrote:Yeah I got the shirt and hat today... since I'll probably be attending the Newark campus and they're the same colors I don't mind.

+1! Exactly my thought!

law_lover

Postby law_lover » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:28 pm

In today with a scholarship.

roguey

Postby roguey » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:00 pm

Does that mean I'll get two shirts and a hat? That might just be a tie-breaker right there.

lovaholic

Postby lovaholic » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:43 pm

In today via email! My first acceptance so I'M GOING TO LAW SCHOOL! :D :D Came with a Plumbum Nos In Posterus Scholarship of 15k total over the 3 years and a 3.33 GPA requirement. Excited about my shirt! (also- at this point, it will come down to the RU-N verdict for my decision)

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:15 am

lovaholic wrote:In today via email! My first acceptance so I'M GOING TO LAW SCHOOL! :D :D Came with a Plumbum Nos In Posterus Scholarship of 15k total over the 3 years and a 3.33 GPA requirement. Excited about my shirt! (also- at this point, it will come down to the RU-N verdict for my decision)

Congrats! It's great to see someone so excited! :D

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:18 am

roguey wrote:Does that mean I'll get two shirts and a hat? That might just be a tie-breaker right there.

Yeah I received my gray shirt with the RU-Camden logo several weeks ago. I think that one might just be for being accepted. The scholarship shirt (which comes with a hat) is white with red sleeves- like a peewee baseball jersey circa 1986- and says 'RUTGERS LAW'. It's actually pretty cool!

So yeah- TWO shirts and a hat!!!

Onion

Postby Onion » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:06 pm

I guess Camden had discovered I can be bought... oh yes... yes I can. Two shirts and a hat get me excited, no B.S.

bitlrc

Postby bitlrc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:07 pm

anybody try negotiating on the 3.5 gpa for scholarships? seems pretty steep.

Onion

Postby Onion » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:09 pm

bitlrc wrote:anybody try negotiating on the 3.5 gpa for scholarships? seems pretty steep.

I have called and tried to speak with a few people, but nobody is calling back... I doubt with what is happening in NJ with the cuts to state schools, that they will negotiate anything anyways.

bitlrc

Postby bitlrc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:14 pm

Onion wrote:
bitlrc wrote:anybody try negotiating on the 3.5 gpa for scholarships? seems pretty steep.

I have called and tried to speak with a few people, but nobody is calling back... I doubt with what is happening in NJ with the cuts to state schools, that they will negotiate anything anyways.

that sucks. seton hall gave me 35/yr with the top half of the class and thats becoming more and more tempting.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:13 pm

C'mon Camden! Where are you? I told my parents yesterday they need to send $$ so I can get in already :lol: (true reason -- probs waiting for my FebLSAT).

dp73816

Postby dp73816 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:55 pm

In today ($5000 scholarship) with a very long email. Not gonna lie, I was pretty surprised by the scholarship - I had a very low LSAT score, but apparently some rock-solid EC's that they liked. Ive gotten less money from T-4 school's....but whatever, Im not gonna question their genius. Unless UNC-CH or Notre Dame comes through, it looks like Ill have to stock up on the hair gel...

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:07 pm

dp73816 wrote:In today ($5000 scholarship) with a very long email. Not gonna lie, I was pretty surprised by the scholarship - I had a very low LSAT score, but apparently some rock-solid EC's that they liked. Ive gotten less money from T-4 school's....but whatever, Im not gonna question their genius. Unless UNC-CH or Notre Dame comes through, it looks like Ill have to stock up on the hair gel...

+1
HAHA... Congrats!

lovaholic

Postby lovaholic » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:43 pm

dp73816 wrote:In today ($5000 scholarship) with a very long email. Not gonna lie, I was pretty surprised by the scholarship - I had a very low LSAT score, but apparently some rock-solid EC's that they liked. Ive gotten less money from T-4 school's....but whatever, Im not gonna question their genius. Unless UNC-CH or Notre Dame comes through, it looks like Ill have to stock up on the hair gel...

Ha! Of course love the hair gel. 8) Jersey is cool though. I'm from North Jersey...so looking forward to that Dean's day in late March to get a better look at that Camden area.

GoodToBeTheKing

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 pm

I applied back in November for the PT program, but still no decision... any chance you all know what this means? I assume that I am borderline, and they are waiting to hear back from more applicants.

Sclerenchyma

Postby Sclerenchyma » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:40 am

dp73816 wrote:In today ($5000 scholarship) with a very long email. Not gonna lie, I was pretty surprised by the scholarship - I had a very low LSAT score, but apparently some rock-solid EC's that they liked.

In the same day, same scholarship. Also surprised but due to a very low GPA. Perhaps they admitted in pairs to save the median? Also had the same EC/PS praise that most every one has noted.

Edit: All jokes aside but wondering, am I the only one who's three SASEs actually got used? I received one back when they received my app, one for when it went complete, and the other I'm assuming was for if during the process I was missing anything.

JuTMSY4

Postby JuTMSY4 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:44 am

Sclerenchyma wrote:
Edit: All jokes aside but wondering, am I the only one who's three SASEs actually got used? I received one back when they received my app, one for when it went complete, and the other I'm assuming was for if during the process I was missing anything.

Thus far, the same thing has happened to me. When I first applied, I assumed the 3rd was for the admission/denial letter.

Cestjustemoi

Postby Cestjustemoi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:38 am

You won't need the hair gel for all intents and purposes Camden is Philadelphia, most of the guidos are up north! The only exception may be south Philly or Wildwood. Lol but if you do by gel don't go cheap lol get LA looks haha

Cestjustemoi

Postby Cestjustemoi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:42 am

roguey wrote:Does that mean I'll get two shirts and a hat? That might just be a tie-breaker right there.

Except that they are xl's!!! I could fit my whole family in these shirts! I wish others school sent merch out.

roguey

Postby roguey » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:04 am

Cestjustemoi wrote:

Except that they are xl's!!! I could fit my whole family in these shirts! I wish others school sent merch out.

That means they are providing me pajamas... they do know the way to my heart. If only they included a pair of pajama pants, they would be supplying my law school wardrobe!

Cestjustemoi

Postby Cestjustemoi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:10 am

roguey wrote:
Cestjustemoi wrote:

That means they are providing me pajamas... they do know the way to my heart. If only they included a pair of pajama pants, they would be supplying my law school wardrobe!

I have more rutgers merch than I even have from my own ug. So many of my friends and family went there and always gave me stuff, lol my entire pajama collection is knights gear! Lol

roecyris

Postby roecyris » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:57 am

Hey Everyone!!

Got my acceptance e-mail yesterday! 158/3.35 ... no $$ but c'est la vie. Can't wait to swim in my new XL Rutgers Law shirt, haha.

inSouthAmerica

Postby inSouthAmerica » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:07 am

i just want to say, thanks for the tshirt camden and i sent in my deposit to newark today. good luck nj staters!

Snuffie

Postby Snuffie » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:05 pm

I'm really excited for all of you!

I have strong family ties to this law school. Thought long and hard about applying since there's a piece of family history there, and, uh, it's an amazing school, but the adcomms, faculty, and most of the students would certainly make the connection, and I'd rather not live under someone else's shadow. Anyway I've digressed. Congratulations and best of luck!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”