Rutgers-Camden

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
keg411

Re: Rutgers-Camden

Postby keg411 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:00 pm

ESQuisite wrote:I ended up getting my WL notice on last Thursday. I am in such a horrible position being waitlisted at 3 schools, both Rutgers in which I really want to attend!! Is it a good idea to send both of them an LOCI and an addendem explaining my low LSAT scores? Please please please HELP!! There's literally nothing in this world I am meant to do but be an attorney!!!

Then study harder for the LSAT and re-take (in June if you can get to where you need to be by then or September and try again next cycle). And addendum will do very little; if there was something specific that happened to you why you bombed the LSAT, and in that case, you definitely should re-take.

yanks85

Postby yanks85 » Mon May 10, 2010 5:00 pm

hello! just created a TLS user name to post on this forum. I was wait listed too (they also said they were impressed by my personal statement... somehow I don't feel so special anymore). Anyone know how many applicants are placed on the wait list? how many are granted acceptance from the wait list? or exactly how the whole ranking waitlisted students by july 1st works?

:lol:

JuTMSY4

Postby JuTMSY4 » Mon May 10, 2010 8:00 pm

yanks85 wrote:hello! just created a TLS user name to post on this forum. I was wait listed too (they also said they were impressed by my personal statement... somehow I don't feel so special anymore). Anyone know how many applicants are placed on the wait list? how many are granted acceptance from the wait list? or exactly how the whole ranking waitlisted students by july 1st works?

:lol:

Call them and ask (anyone in the admissions dept.). They're helpful but busy.

Joe Biden

Postby Joe Biden » Tue May 11, 2010 12:24 pm

ESQuisite wrote:I ended up getting my WL notice on last Thursday. I am in such a horrible position being waitlisted at 3 schools, both Rutgers in which I really want to attend!! Is it a good idea to send both of them an LOCI and an addendem explaining my low LSAT scores? Please please please HELP!! There's literally nothing in this world I am meant to do but be an attorney!!!

I would contact the Dean of Admission's. Let them know you have a passion for law, you absolutely want to attend Rutgers, etc. That will definitely not hurt you, and if you are borderline, that might be the bump you need for admission.

Joe Biden

Postby Joe Biden » Tue May 11, 2010 12:27 pm

keg411 wrote:

Then study harder for the LSAT and re-take (in June if you can get to where you need to be by then or September and try again next cycle). And addendum will do very little; if there was something specific that happened to you why you bombed the LSAT, and in that case, you definitely should re-take.

Remember, retaking the LSAT goes both ways. I know plenty of people who retook and really regretted it, when their second score was 10 pts lower than the first. My 1L roommate was smarter than hell. He took the LSAT and scored a 165, which really disappointed him. One problem for him is that English is not his first language, so there was a language barrier he had to overcome. He aced the logic games section both times he took the exam. Anyway, he repeated and got a 165 the second time as well. So basically, he wasted away months of his life to retake and saw no benefits. It is my experience that most students do not do 43587324 times better the second time around.

Onion

Postby Onion » Tue May 11, 2010 12:36 pm

Just withdrew with Scholly, hope someone here gets it! Good Luck All!

Joe Biden

Postby Joe Biden » Tue May 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Onion wrote:Just withdrew with Scholly, hope someone here gets it! Good Luck All!

Did you leave RU-Camden for 'Nova? Did Nova give you a ton of money? Did you have instate at RU-Camden as a first semester 1L? If 'Nova was more expensive, or gave you a condition based scholly, what was your logic/motivation in choosing 'Nova over RU-Camden?

brian85

Postby brian85 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:39 am

any updates?! anyone hear anything?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”