Rutgers-Camden Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
keg411

Platinum

Re: Rutgers-Camden

Post by keg411 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:24 pm

mdh08, I have the e-mail that you have :).

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:28 pm

keg411 wrote:mdh08, I have the e-mail that you have :).
I'm glad I'm not alone! I'm sending an e-mail, but I think the whole thing is pretty wild.

b.j.

Bronze

Post by b.j. » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:43 pm

mhd08 wrote:
keg411 wrote:mdh08, I have the e-mail that you have :).
I'm glad I'm not alone! I'm sending an e-mail, but I think the whole thing is pretty wild.
I opened the e-mail at work and one of my bosses asked why I looked so damn confused. I responded by asking them just what it meant, because I have read it a few times but am still unsure.

jasonac21

New

Post by jasonac21 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Mine starts out the same but the first paragraph ends saying that they want to find me a spot. They then go on to talk about the part time and summer program and that if I'm interested to email so and so. They also strongly recommend going to the Dean's Law day which is a bit odd since I haven't been accepted yet. Oh well, guess I'll just wait and see.

b.j.

Bronze

Post by b.j. » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:02 pm

jasonac21 wrote:Mine starts out the same but the first paragraph ends saying that they want to find me a spot. They then go on to talk about the part time and summer program and that if I'm interested to email so and so. They also strongly recommend going to the Dean's Law day which is a bit odd since I haven't been accepted yet. Oh well, guess I'll just wait and see.
That's what I got, and that's why I am so confused. Part of it seems to describe different things.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jasonac21

New

Post by jasonac21 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:15 pm

b.j. wrote:
That's what I got, and that's why I am so confused. Part of it seems to describe different things.
Exactly. I bet they have just one standard email and just try to change it a bit for different situations making it really confusing. What I also don't get is why they ask if we're interested in the summer OR evening program. I mean, wouldn't it be the summer AND the evening program since it seems the full-time program is a no go?

I guess I'll call the admissions office tomorrow to clarify.

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:41 pm

jasonac21 wrote:
keg411 wrote:
jasonac21 wrote:Whoa, mine doesn't say that.
Mine says
"Please note, you do not need to attend the Dean‚s Law Day to gain admission for the Fall of 2010. Although we will not know the number of seats still available until April 15th, your outstanding application, personal statement and background have slated you high on the Committee‚s list of students to admit as seats become available for the Fall."

Damn ;[
Your e-mail is totally different from mine! Mine is really long and talks about scholarships and picking up packages but never says I'm "IN".
Strange. Mine is longer than just that quote. It talks about the summer program and the evening program. It pretty much says that if I'm interested in the part-time or the summer program, then email them to let them know that. It also says that if you are interested, then attend the Dean's Law day. So my guess is that I wasn't accepted into the full-time program but if I'm interested in the part-time program, then there's a good chance you'll be accepted. Crazy way to do things.

Anyone else get a similar email?

I got this email... i applied to the part time program anyways and it said "although you indicated a preference for full-time Fall, at this time,"

I am still trying to figure out what it all means... I will book a flight to the law day if I have to lol. but I am calling tomorrow and speaking with nancy to find out wtf is going on

jasonac21

New

Post by jasonac21 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:04 am

Come to think of it I think I applied pt as well. Watch the email be some kind of mistake!

Just looked at your profile goodtobeking and we pretty much have identical numbers. Post here if you talk to Nancy tomorrow.

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:21 am

I just called.

They said if you would like to be in the evening program you are accepted. I said well I initially I applied to the evening program. He said "Oh well hold on a second." I wait... He comes back and says "you are accepted into the evening program and you should receive an email shortly and an acceptance packet sometime next week." ... I am hesitant to say I am accepted because I want to see the packet first... your thoughts?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ostaka

New

Post by ostaka » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:27 am

GoodToBeTheKing wrote:I just called.

They said if you would like to be in the evening program you are accepted. I said well I initially I applied to the evening program. He said "Oh well hold on a second." I wait... He comes back and says "you are accepted into the evening program and you should receive an email shortly and an acceptance packet sometime next week." ... I am hesitant to say I am accepted because I want to see the packet first... your thoughts?
Did you call the Admissions office or that number off the graduate status checker?
Last edited by ostaka on Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:40 am

I signed for for the Dean's Law Day. I wasn't evening program nor did my e-mail say anything about the evening program.

Queenjane87

New

Post by Queenjane87 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:49 am

I did not receive one of these emails - I was accepted back in January. I was really excited about Rutgers-Camden but now I am really weirded out by all this. This isn't normal, right? It sounds like the admissions office is very disorganized! I guess we will see what the dean's day is like. I hope you all have a more definite answer soon!

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:01 am

Queenjane87 wrote:I did not receive one of these emails - I was accepted back in January. I was really excited about Rutgers-Camden but now I am really weirded out by all this. This isn't normal, right? It sounds like the admissions office is very disorganized! I guess we will see what the dean's day is like. I hope you all have a more definite answer soon!
It seems like the answer is definite, but honestly I like to see things on paper so I can read it before I believe it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jasonac21

New

Post by jasonac21 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:01 pm

GoodToBeTheKing wrote:
It seems like the answer is definite, but honestly I like to see things on paper so I can read it before I believe it.
Ok so I just called as well. Apparently if you're interested in attending you have to email the person in the email saying you're going, which the email of course states, and then you'll have to talk to someone at the Dean's Law Day about your acceptance. The person I talked to said that I would "highly likely be accepted." Pushing a little further he later said that you would be accepted. He also said that you can pick between the Summer Jump Start program or the evening program at that time.

Like you, GoodToBeTheKing, I'd like something in writing.

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:53 pm

I was told straight up by the guy I spoke with "congrats you are accepted!" maybe you and I were told different things. But honestly I want to see a packet. I told him I wouldn't be able to attend law day because a plane ticket from la to Philly is close to 1k and he said it shouldn't matter. He also said to call again in a week if you don't hear from us

ostaka

New

Post by ostaka » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:13 pm

In via email for part-time program.

jasonac21

New

Post by jasonac21 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:24 pm

ostaka wrote:In via email for part-time program.
Did you get the same email that some of us did prior to the acceptance email?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Question.

On the acceptance form we have to mail back by April 15, it has three options:
__ Decline
__ Accept
__ Reserve 3 yr. FT

Since I cant get a living human being on the phone over there, which one should I choose if I want to explore my options a little more? If push comes to shove, I will put accept, but I dont really get why they would even include a "reserve"

orko60

New

Post by orko60 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:14 pm

In via email today, with $ (although their requirements to keep it $15k a year are rather stringent - 3.5 gpa must be kept up). I'm not sure if I want to move back home to Jersey, or stay out here in LA and go to Pepperdine! Decisions, decisions...

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:54 pm

so i called them today just to double check that i heard them correctly and that i was accepted... they looked over my file and it took a while and they said i was for sure accepted. they said i didnt need to attend law day although it will be very informational. i will try very hard to make it out there.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:02 am

The roster for Camden's Law Day looks pretty freakin' impressive (well impressive if you're from NJ at least :lol:). They have both Rob Andrews and a Federal Judge. The trip is going to be a PITA, but at a glance it looks way worth it.

And Congrats GTBTK... I guess this is good news for all of us e-mail people :).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jerzeegirl

New

Post by Jerzeegirl » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:14 pm

I received the e-mail about the Admitted Students Event and mistakenly interpreted it as an acceptance letter. Thankfully I read the comments here and then went back and re-read it or I would've made a rather large mistake (of withdrawing from everywhere else). It doesn't say anywhere in the letter that I was actually admitted, only that attending the event increases the likelihood of being admitted. That's pretty messed up. It seems the day is basically a mass interview for all the "maybes". Does anyone else get that impression?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:22 pm

Jerzeegirl wrote:I received the e-mail about the Admitted Students Event and mistakenly interpreted it as an acceptance letter. Thankfully I read the comments here and then went back and re-read it or I would've made a rather large mistake (of withdrawing from everywhere else). It doesn't say anywhere in the letter that I was actually admitted, only that attending the event increases the likelihood of being admitted. That's pretty messed up. It seems the day is basically a mass interview for all the "maybes". Does anyone else get that impression?
Which letter did you have? There were two different ones.

Jerzeegirl

New

Post by Jerzeegirl » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:42 pm

keg411 wrote:
Jerzeegirl wrote:I received the e-mail about the Admitted Students Event and mistakenly interpreted it as an acceptance letter. Thankfully I read the comments here and then went back and re-read it or I would've made a rather large mistake (of withdrawing from everywhere else). It doesn't say anywhere in the letter that I was actually admitted, only that attending the event increases the likelihood of being admitted. That's pretty messed up. It seems the day is basically a mass interview for all the "maybes". Does anyone else get that impression?
Which letter did you have? There were two different ones.
It begins, "Thank you for your application to Rutgers Law School School at Camden, New Jersey. This year, our law school has had a large volume of equally qualified superior candidates. . . . impressed by your personal statement and achievements. . . . your outstanding background would make you an integral part of our Rutgers Law community".

It then goes on to discuss part time and evening programs. If read carefully, it seems to say they might be able to place me in one of these programs, but there is no guarantee. Thats all well and good for a college kid with no real responsibilities who can wait around another six to eight weeks for a definite answer and can afford to throw down multiple seat deposits. I don't have that option. I'm a little annoyed but trying to make the best of things.

CSKNJ

New

Post by CSKNJ » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Got in a few weeks ago with a $5k scholarship. It was my second school to answer back/accept me. I really didn't expect to get in with my 2.67 GPA and 160 LSAT. I just signed up for the Deans Day.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”