Rutgers-Camden Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Burger in a can

Silver

Rutgers-Camden

Post by Burger in a can » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:22 pm

In! Via email +$30,000 if I maintain a 3.5+, $15,000 if I slip to 3.33. Anybody else?
Last edited by Burger in a can on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KimmyGibbler

New

Re: Rutgers-Camden

Post by KimmyGibbler » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:24 pm

Burger in a can wrote:In! Via email +$$$. More in a second...
I'm surprised they didn't let you know via one of the 3 self-addressed stamped envelopes they made you submit with your application

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:27 pm

KimmyGibbler wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:In! Via email +$$$. More in a second...
I'm surprised they didn't let you know via one of the 3 self-addressed stamped envelopes they made you submit with your application
I know! They sent a surprisingly long email, especially for an institution that didn't seem to use email until today. haha :)
Last edited by Burger in a can on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KimmyGibbler

New

Post by KimmyGibbler » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Congrats though. I wont find out until 5 Eastern because gmail is blocked on my work computer

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:04 pm

Nobody else heard from Rutgers Camden today?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:41 pm

I just applied just this past weekend. Congrats on the scholly; I didn't think Cam had GPA's but I guess they do. A 3.5 is pretty harsh, but 15k plus in-state after the first year (if not sooner) wouldn't be terrible (that would make it only a little more than $10k/year for the next two years).

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:36 pm

keg411 wrote:I just applied just this past weekend. Congrats on the scholly; I didn't think Cam had GPA's but I guess they do. A 3.5 is pretty harsh, but 15k plus in-state after the first year (if not sooner) wouldn't be terrible (that would make it only a little more than $10k/year for the next two years).
Thanks! I thought the scholarship was really great, and the email they sent was really, really nice! I am definitely going to visit in a couple of months. Good luck to you!

P.S. I should have clarified- it's a $10k/year scholarship that will drop to $5k/year if I slip to a 3.33, meaning best case scenario is $30k total, or $20k if I maintain a 3.33, because the $10k the first year is locked in place. I think? Anyway, I am honored!

makingwaves

Bronze

Post by makingwaves » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:47 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
keg411 wrote:I just applied just this past weekend. Congrats on the scholly; I didn't think Cam had GPA's but I guess they do. A 3.5 is pretty harsh, but 15k plus in-state after the first year (if not sooner) wouldn't be terrible (that would make it only a little more than $10k/year for the next two years).
Thanks! I thought the scholarship was really great, and the email they sent was really, really nice! I am definitely going to visit in a couple of months. Good luck to you!

P.S. I should have clarified- it's a $10k/year scholarship that will drop to $5k/year if I slip to a 3.33, meaning best case scenario is $30k total, or $20k if I maintain a 3.33, because the $10k the first year is locked in place. I think? Anyway, I am honored!
If you wouldn't mind posting/PMing your stats, that'd be awesome -- Rutgers Camden is a school of interest for me (especially given the in-state tuition) for next year!

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:52 pm

makingwaves wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:

If you wouldn't mind posting/PMing your stats, that'd be awesome -- Rutgers Camden is a school of interest for me (especially given the in-state tuition) for next year!
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/burgerinacan

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thwalls

Bronze

Post by thwalls » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:55 pm

I went complete 10/23 and hopefully will hear soon. HOPEFULLY!

thwalls

Bronze

Post by thwalls » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:32 pm

Just got my email today! $22,500 scholarship if I maintain a 3.5.

Now I just need to hear from Temple...come ooooonnn Temple.

ps. I was also impressed that the email was slightly personalized. They mentioned how much they liked my PS as it pertained to my wanting to study patent law. And they're sending a shirt. I love free stuff. Well played Rutgers, well played.

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:38 pm

thwalls wrote:Just got my email today! $22,500 scholarship if I maintain a 3.5.

Now I just need to hear from Temple...come ooooonnn Temple.

ps. I was also impressed that the email was slightly personalized. They mentioned how much they liked my PS as it pertained to my wanting to study patent law. And they're sending a shirt. I love free stuff. Well played Rutgers, well played.
PMed you.

champ33

Bronze

Post by champ33 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:04 pm

I just heard today also, same as you burger.. 10k per year contingent upon 3.5 gpa, 5k if it drops to 3.33, seems a bit harsh but I was happy about it and appreciated the personal touch they gave as well.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Queenjane87

New

Post by Queenjane87 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:25 pm

Has anyone heard news this week?

Bigbub75

Bronze

Post by Bigbub75 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:59 pm

Got a personal email accepting me today. Apparently they really liked my personal statement! RU-Newark & RU-Camden are my 1st & 2nd picks for school. Decisions, Decisions...

bighead715

Bronze

Post by bighead715 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:49 pm

I PENCIL-BOMBED CAMDEN

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:55 pm

Bigbub75 wrote:Got a personal email accepting me today. Apparently they really liked my personal statement! RU-Newark & RU-Camden are my 1st & 2nd picks for school. Decisions, Decisions...
I hate to be the one to tell you, but from what I can tell, they really like everyone's personal statement.
Congratulations. I am delighted to advise you that you have been admitted for the Fall of 2010 to Rutgers School of Law at Camden. The Committee and the Deans at the Law School were very, very impressed with your outstanding personal statement.
Is that what you have too?

(not trying to be a jerk- I actually just think it's sort of messed up that they seem to be saying that to everyone.)

(edited because the first version sounded too sarcastic and rude)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gymboree

Silver

Post by gymboree » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:30 pm

bighead715 wrote:I PENCIL-BOMBED CAMDEN
super funny! i feel bad my husband lit up Camden, because they're so great over there. But it was a good line.

pany1985

Bronze

Post by pany1985 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:33 pm

I'm kinda curious what made you decide to apply Rutgers-Camden and Villanova but not Temple

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:39 pm

pany1985 wrote:I'm kinda curious what made you decide to apply Rutgers-Camden and Villanova but not Temple
I don't know if you're talking to me, but since the question applies to me, I'll answer... I know this sounds ridiculous, but I have a personal problem with Temple. I won't go into detail, but Temple and I have had issues with each other in the past, and considering that they are very similar to a lot of other T2 PA schools in terms of stats, I was happy to exclude them from my apps.

pany1985

Bronze

Post by pany1985 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:41 pm

I was indeed talking to you... and now I'm intrigued...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:52 pm

pany1985 wrote:I was indeed talking to you... and now I'm intrigued...
I'm kinda curious why you were kinda curious.

Bigbub75

Bronze

Post by Bigbub75 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:59 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
Bigbub75 wrote:Got a personal email accepting me today. Apparently they really liked my personal statement! RU-Newark & RU-Camden are my 1st & 2nd picks for school. Decisions, Decisions...
I hate to be the one to tell you, but from what I can tell, they really like everyone's personal statement.
Congratulations. I am delighted to advise you that you have been admitted for the Fall of 2010 to Rutgers School of Law at Camden. The Committee and the Deans at the Law School were very, very impressed with your outstanding personal statement.
YUP! Those exact lines are in my email. Way to go RU! Now I don't feel "special" anymore....

kmen

New

Post by kmen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:01 pm

Bigbub75 wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
YUP! Those exact lines are in my email. Way to go RU! Now I don't feel "special" anymore....
Mine said "outstanding personal statement and determined work ethic", and I had to call a friend of mine who was accepted last year and break the news to him that they didn't really like his personal statement that much.

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:43 am

Bigbub75 wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
I PM'ed another poster a couple of days ago, because I wanted to know how much of the email was actually personalized. FWIW, from what we could determine, the sentence immediately following that quote IS actually catered to you. :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”