George Mason 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sunnygirl

Re: George Mason 2010

Postby sunnygirl » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:25 pm

BigFatPanda wrote:
goles5 wrote:174, 3.7 - Accepted PT to Georgetown and PT to GW... will be attending Mason PT

Justification - I went to georgetown undergrad and still owe $60K+. I live in old town alexandria and with a scholarship plus in-state tuition Mason is very affordable.

Also, I have a very demanding full time job and I want to be able to enjoy studying law... I feel like with the competitive environment at Georgetown I would have to bust my ass to maybe finish in the top 50%.

Im not conservative but GW strikes me as WAY too "activist". I look forward to studying in a place that doesnt have knee jerk reaction to some ideas that arent liberal.

Finally, as a single female going to school at night in an urban area, i just feel safer in the virginia square/clarendon area than I would in DC (which can be a cesspool... I swear I got really sick just by standing near a smelly wheezing homeless guy last time i went to DC)

Just my thoughts...

Big fish in smaller pond mentality? Anyways, your GPA/LSAT credentials are so impressive that you'll probably be at the top of Mason PT food chain, which is not good for me at all. Hmmm, perhaps i should disguise myself as a smelly wheezing homeless dude stalking you at the GMU-Arlington metro to discourage you from attending.....

--ImageRemoved--

Many people in China regard him as a fashion icon~The mix and match style~So if you gonna dress like him, I am not sure you could discourage goles5 or not~

BigFatPanda

Postby BigFatPanda » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:19 am

sunnygirl wrote:Many people in China regard him as a fashion icon~The mix and match style~So if you gonna dress like him, I am not sure you could discourage goles5 or not~

First, my hair is not long like his. Second, i do not smoke like he does. Third, i am bigger and fatter. So if i dress like him and be totally smelly wheezing and homeless sitting next to goles5, i am fully confident in my repulsiveness to dissuade her from coming to Mason.

On the other note, homeless people are truly at the rock bottom of the society who are without opportunities and often looked down upon by all. The recent event in China is nothing more than another shameless attempt exploit those unfortunate individuals for the profit of some "internet promoters".

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:58 pm

I received my application tracker today and it's blank under "decision status" and then under decision date it says 3/12/10. What does this mean? Did this happen to any1 else?

BigFatPanda

Postby BigFatPanda » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:40 pm

wizoz wrote:I received my application tracker today and it's blank under "decision status" and then under decision date it says 3/12/10. What does this mean? Did this happen to any1 else?

That means a decision has been made with respect to your application. If you receive a phone call on the same day or the next day, then congratulations! Else, i am sorry, sometimes life just sucked.

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:07 pm

BigFatPanda wrote:
wizoz wrote:I received my application tracker today and it's blank under "decision status" and then under decision date it says 3/12/10. What does this mean? Did this happen to any1 else?

That means a decision has been made with respect to your application. If you receive a phone call on the same day or the next day, then congratulations! Else, i am sorry, sometimes life just sucked.

Weird...I only applied on 3/4/10 and went complete on 3/12/10. I can't imagine they reviewed, met, and rendered a decision on my file that quickly. For those who received a decision from GMU, how long was your process from completion to decision?

MarkRenton

Postby MarkRenton » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:09 pm

wizoz wrote:
BigFatPanda wrote:

Weird...I only applied on 3/4/10 and went complete on 3/12/10. I can't imagine they reviewed, met, and rendered a decision on my file that quickly. For those who received a decision from GMU, how long was your process from completion to decision?

What are your numbers? I think like three weeks for me.

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:17 pm

MarkRenton wrote:
wizoz wrote:
BigFatPanda wrote:

What are your numbers? I think like three weeks for me.

157/3.1 ivy w/. full-time work throughout - urm...what are yours? did you get in?

jjinva

Postby jjinva » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:33 pm

My status checker thing changed today as well. Now it doesn't have any dates anywhere, but up top it says I should receive a letter in 2-4 weeks and not to call and bother them. I guess thats a go-f-yourself message :(

Everyone that got in got a phone call. Oh well, had to try!

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:47 pm

jjinva wrote:My status checker thing changed today as well. Now it doesn't have any dates anywhere, but up top it says I should receive a letter in 2-4 weeks and not to call and bother them. I guess thats a go-f-yourself message :(

Everyone that got in got a phone call. Oh well, had to try!

Was mason your 1st choice? When did you apply?

egb23

Postby egb23 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:49 pm

I applied about four weeks ago, got a status checker ten days ago and haven't had a clue what is going on since. I guess no phone call means I am out?

167/3.5 seemed like I had a shot.

BigFatPanda

Postby BigFatPanda » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:16 pm

egb23 wrote:I applied about four weeks ago, got a status checker ten days ago and haven't had a clue what is going on since. I guess no phone call means I am out?

Bear in mind this schools receives over 6000 applications and makes over 1000 admissions. The admissions dean had a hard time just trying to keep track of all the admits not to mention actually calling them one by one. I think at this point she's just exhausted like the Utility Man during Snowmagendon. Just hold on and don't panic just yet. Wait for tomorrow, see if she calls. If she doesn't at the end of the day, then start panicking.

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 pm

BigFatPanda wrote:
egb23 wrote:I applied about four weeks ago, got a status checker ten days ago and haven't had a clue what is going on since. I guess no phone call means I am out?

Bear in mind this schools receives over 6000 applications and makes over 1000 admissions. The admissions dean had a hard time just trying to keep track of all the admits not to mention actually calling them one by one. I think at this point she's just exhausted like the Utility Man during Snowmagendon. Just hold on and don't panic just yet. Wait for tomorrow, see if she calls. If she doesn't at the end of the day, then start panicking.

Lol @ then start panicking...way to encourage us while our nerves are on edge! Well, it seems like they are pretty quick to review files. I'll post if I get a call. 8)

sunnygirl

Postby sunnygirl » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:42 pm

wizoz wrote:
BigFatPanda wrote:

Lol @ then start panicking...way to encourage us while our nerves are on edge! Well, it seems like they are pretty quick to review files. I'll post if I get a call. 8)

Wait for another day and if no call, you call the office. They have been reviewing quickly, since the deposit day is coming. It should be fine for you to call them, they should be more than willing to help. I called them twice to check when the admission package was coming. They were nice guys.

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:21 am

Thanks sunnygirl!

sunnygirl

Postby sunnygirl » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:36 am

wizoz wrote:Thanks sunnygirl!

GL to you~~Is GM your top choice?

jjinva

Postby jjinva » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Bummed. 99% certain I was rejected. I called today and they said they sent me a letter yesterday. If I was accepted I am sure they would have told me, since they call the people they want to accept.

I knew it was a reach, but I think they made a big mistake...;)

ram jam

Postby ram jam » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:47 pm

With the seat deposit approaching, who is thinking GMU?

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:36 pm

sunnygirl wrote:
wizoz wrote:Thanks sunnygirl!

GL to you~~Is GM your top choice?

I don't have any top choices. I am just waiting to see where I get in and then later I can figure out a top choice. I feel this philosophy keeps me grounded throughout this stressful process. How about you?

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:39 pm

jjinva wrote:Bummed. 99% certain I was rejected. I called today and they said they sent me a letter yesterday. If I was accepted I am sure they would have told me, since they call the people they want to accept.

I knew it was a reach, but I think they made a big mistake...;)

I'm sorry to hear jjinva. Are you in at another school?

OneKnight

Postby OneKnight » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Just for fun, if you've never seen it before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo
If you've never been in Arlington before you'll get it soon enough :)

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:52 pm

OneKnight wrote:Just for fun, if you've never seen it before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo
If you've never been in Arlington before you'll get it soon enough :)

Wow....A-town!

Did you see the Fairfax rap response? Hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3ltMTXlCvk&NR=1

sunnygirl

Postby sunnygirl » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:02 pm

ram jam wrote:With the seat deposit approaching, who is thinking GMU?

Me, but still waiting for scholarship info.......

lawlife2010

Postby lawlife2010 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:36 pm

I am leaning towards attending GMU. Very excited about the school and all that it has to offer!

klussy

Postby klussy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:42 pm

I'm still considering GMU but the lack of affordable housing is a major drawback.

eandy

Postby eandy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:45 pm

klussy wrote:I'm still considering GMU but the lack of affordable housing is a major drawback.

+1
Stickershock. I pay 329 in rent now--it's hard to adjust to the idea of paying so much more.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”