George Mason 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BigFatPanda

Bronze

Re: George Mason 2010

Post by BigFatPanda » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:26 pm

whatchootalkinbout wrote:
jlnoa0915 wrote:Nope they are correct and I was a bit surprised also re: top of my class in econ...kinda makes me think they're not very holistic with their approach to admission due to my 163 lsat. (look at the LSN chart there is a very visible 164 or 3.8 ugpa barrier to entry unless URM) Oh well
I'm not sure how accurate this is. I am below 164, JUST below 3.8, but I'm not a URM and I still got in (nothing overly spectacular about my application/resume either). That leads me to believe they at least somewhat have a holistic view.

Just my opinion, though.
No sir, you've got the VA residence boost.

lawlife2010

New

Post by lawlife2010 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:38 pm

since 2/16 my status has been blank. did you guys experience this at first too? Does this mean they have not even begun to take a look at my app? I know that things were slowed down by the snow so maybe that is why, or do you think it's some fluke on the website?

BigFatPanda

Bronze

Post by BigFatPanda » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:14 pm

That probably means decision was made because I got the blank screen too when this happened

lawman2010

Bronze

Post by lawman2010 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:11 pm

BeccaBaby13 wrote:
lawman2010 wrote:Does anyone know if George Mason reimburses or otherwise provides stipend for travel to admitted students day(s)? My packet is at home and I can't seem to find any info on this.
I emailed Ms. Price about a week ago and she said unfortunately they are unable to reimburse for travel expenses.
Thanks!

whatchootalkinbout

Bronze

Post by whatchootalkinbout » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:25 pm

BigFatPanda wrote:No sir, you've got the VA residence boost.
I guess that couldn't hurt.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

buckmulligan58

New

Post by buckmulligan58 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Decision Status:
Decision Status Date: 2/3/2010

That is what my checker has looked like since the 3rd. Is anyone else's checker just sitting there blank, being all coy and whatnot?

Also, this happened on the eve of Snowmageddon. Perhaps, this would explain it?

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:20 pm

In via snail mail today.

Great Satchmo

Silver

Post by Great Satchmo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:48 pm

Ding by snail mail today.

160/3.62 - I knew I was low, but figured I'd be in WL territory. This was a late January app...I had a waiver so I just applied without looking. I don't know I'd really have considered it, but I must have grossly underestimated admissions criteria.

Oh well...

hibachi7_7_7

New

Post by hibachi7_7_7 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:31 pm

First post... yay...

Got waitlisted today.

154/3.68 White Male. I've got damn good softs though, hopefully AU will consider me since Mason seems to be considerably more anal.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawlife2010

New

Post by lawlife2010 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Has anyone gotten an acceptance call from Mason lately?

food

New

Post by food » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:30 pm

This is my 1st post... I am really frustrated by Mason. I applied ED for either part time or full time back in Nov. or Dec. I work in D.C. and live in Arlington. It would be a great option for me. I got a letter back on Jan 4 saying that I didn't get in ED but they wanted to keep my file for regular decision. I called the admissions office last week and a lady there said to me that because I applied early, my file would be reviewed a second time ONLY AFTER they finished the admissions process for people who applied for regular decision. (So much for rolling admissions) Is this what the process is like for people like me everywhere?

BeccaBaby13

New

Post by BeccaBaby13 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:29 pm

I am so excited for the Open House on Saturday! I leave Arizona Thursday afternoon!! Anyone else here going to the ASOH on Saturday?

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:31 pm

BeccaBaby13 wrote:I am so excited for the Open House on Saturday! I leave Arizona Thursday afternoon!! Anyone else here going to the ASOH on Saturday?
I'd like to but I don't think it's going to happen. Going to give us all a full report?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BeccaBaby13

New

Post by BeccaBaby13 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:35 pm

MarkRenton wrote:
BeccaBaby13 wrote:I am so excited for the Open House on Saturday! I leave Arizona Thursday afternoon!! Anyone else here going to the ASOH on Saturday?
I'd like to but I don't think it's going to happen. Going to give us all a full report?
Definitely. Hopefully they mention something about scholarship offers...that would be lovely.

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:38 pm

BeccaBaby13 wrote:
MarkRenton wrote:
Definitely. Hopefully they mention something about scholarship offers...that would be lovely.
I'm thinking about a last second trip up there. I just might spontaneously do it if I can RSVP after the deadline date. There's another ASW later but why wait?

BeccaBaby13

New

Post by BeccaBaby13 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:53 pm

MarkRenton wrote:
BeccaBaby13 wrote:
MarkRenton wrote:
I'm thinking about a last second trip up there. I just might spontaneously do it if I can RSVP after the deadline date. There's another ASW later but why wait?
I thought about doing the April 10th one but it is so close to the deposit deadline I wanted to give myself enough time. Currently GMU is my top choice out of the ones I have been accepted to, which is why I decided to visit them first. I received an email yesterday saying you could still RSVP just do it ASAP (and if you are bringing a guest name the guest).

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Good point about the second asw being close to the deposit date. I have so many questions about GMU, I'd really like to answer some of them ASAP. If I don't make it, do you mind checking out the people? I'm curious about the cool/turd ratio of future colleagues.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BeccaBaby13

New

Post by BeccaBaby13 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Hahaha sure no problem, I will be doing that anyways. I had a few questions and I emailed Alison Price and she was very helpful and didn't mind me asking my numerous inquiries about the law school so if you can't make it she is a great resource.

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:21 pm

Spot opened up, just declined my acceptance offer. Good luck all!

lochnessa

New

Post by lochnessa » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:41 pm

I'm sort of worried--I applied back in November, and I haven't heard anything back yet.
I don't even know how to find the status page--the only one that I see is the one that lists all the things that the university has received in regards to my application. No decision status or anything...? Is that supposed to be on there?

Just a little worried...<:D

atfarmer

New

Post by atfarmer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:57 am

buckmulligan58 wrote:Decision Status:

That is what my checker has looked like since the 3rd. Is anyone else's checker just sitting there blank, being all coy and whatnot?

Buck, I don't have a "status" either.

I'm not sure they pay much attention to their computer updates. A week after I sent in my application, they still hadn't sent me an email confirming that they received it. It was only after I emailed them asking if they had when they got me my status checker login info. I have to add, though, that I sent in my stuff on 2/10 which was literally right before the huge snowstorm, which screwed everything up.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Antigone

New

Post by Antigone » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:04 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:Nope they are correct and I was a bit surprised also re: top of my class in econ...kinda makes me think they're not very holistic with their approach to admission due to my 163 lsat. (look at the LSN chart there is a very visible 164 or 3.8 ugpa barrier to entry unless URM) Oh well
I'm not sure how accurate this is. I am below 164, JUST below 3.8, but I'm not a URM and I still got in (nothing overly spectacular about my application/resume either). That leads me to believe they at least somewhat have a holistic view.

Just my opinion, though.
Not sure about this barrier, I am admitted as a non-URM, Oregon Resident, 3.97 GPA and 157 LSAT. I don't know if my GPA boosted my application past my LSAT score or what...It's hard to figure out some of these decisions schools are making. Good luck with the rest of your cycle though!

qualster

Bronze

Post by qualster » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:15 pm

Antigone wrote:

Just my opinion, though.
Not sure about this barrier, I am admitted as a non-URM, Oregon Resident, 3.97 GPA and 157 LSAT. I don't know if my GPA boosted my application past my LSAT score or what...It's hard to figure out some of these decisions schools are making. Good luck with the rest of your cycle though!
You are above the 3.8 mark. If you can help one number or the other substantially, that is more incentive for them to take you. So yeah, your GPA was key. Killer GPA, too. Good job.

lawlife2010

New

Post by lawlife2010 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:18 pm

atfarmer wrote:
buckmulligan58 wrote:Decision Status:

Buck, I don't have a "status" either.

I'm not sure they pay much attention to their computer updates. A week after I sent in my application, they still hadn't sent me an email confirming that they received it. It was only after I emailed them asking if they had when they got me my status checker login info. I have to add, though, that I sent in my stuff on 2/10 which was literally right before the huge snowstorm, which screwed everything up.
+1. mine is also blank and i sent it in right before the snow storm, so they didn't get my stuff from LSAC until after. I had to e-mail them for the status checker info to. I think I'll get the admit, well I hope and based off of others on here. It is frustrating though because before the snow storm people with my stats were getting the phone call within a week of going complete. Now I feel like something may have gone wrong since it's taking a bit longer.

ram jam

Bronze

Post by ram jam » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:05 pm

Has anyone thought about how to pay for GMU. As it is unlikely that we out-of-state folk will get in-state tuition coupled with the fact of high COA, how willing are you to finance the $175,000+ Debt. I would like to know if people are in my same position. How do you justify the debt? Is it worth it?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”