George Mason 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wswalt

New

Re: George Mason 2010

Post by wswalt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:30 pm

Panther7 wrote:did anyone else have their status go blank on them?

I'm up for decision pretty soon (judging by other complete/decision dates). This good sign or bad?

Yes mine just changed within the last hour. The status and dates are blank and at the top it says "you should receive a decision within two to four weeks." Does this mean a decision was made? If so, I think it's a bad sign. Most of the people on here that have been accepted received a phone call. So if a decision was made we might be rejected or waitlisted.

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:33 pm

wswalt wrote:
Panther7 wrote:did anyone else have their status go blank on them?

I'm up for decision pretty soon (judging by other complete/decision dates). This good sign or bad?

Yes mine just changed within the last hour. The status and dates are blank and at the top it says "you should receive a decision within two to four weeks." Does this mean a decision was made? If so, I think it's a bad sign. Most of the people on here that have been accepted received a phone call. So if a decision was made we might be rejected or waitlisted.
ugh, didn't see that...

not a good way to start a cycle...

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:56 pm

My status changed about 8 hours before I got my phone call.

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:03 pm

tesoro wrote:My status changed about 8 hours before I got my phone call.
did it say "You should expect to receive a decision letter in the mail in two to four weeks." at the top?

because that sounds like a death sentence.

it honestly feels a little embarassing knowing I'm red dot #7 to the right of that 164 line :(

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:27 pm

OGR3 wrote:
sarlis wrote:when did the packet say scholarship info would come out?
The packet doesn't say anything about when it comes out, but if you look on the admitted students site it says late-February.
thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ViIIager

Bronze

Post by ViIIager » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:33 pm

Has anyone that applied for the part-time program heard back? I submitted my app in mid-January and other than the "complete" update, there's been no news. It's making me twitch.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:21 am

Got the ASD email, but still no mentioning of $. Doubt I'll go without scholly offers.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:24 am

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HERetICal

New

Post by HERetICal » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:34 am

OGR3 wrote:
The packet doesn't say anything about when it comes out, but if you look on the admitted students site it says late-February.

In case anyone wants a little more info on schollies and Fin. Aid, etc. This was the email response I received today to an inquiry about scholarship information.

"We send out scholarship information in late February/early March. Financial Aid packages are mailed April 1 to permanent addresses. After deposits are received on April 15, and we have a better idea of who is seriously considering matriculation, we will send out additional scholarship offers." - Alison H. Price, Associate Dean and Director of Admissions

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:47 am

Panther7 wrote:
did it say "You should expect to receive a decision letter in the mail in two to four weeks." at the top?

it honestly feels a little embarassing knowing I'm red dot #7 to the right of that 164 line :(
Yeah it said the same thing. At least a few posters didn't get their call until 1-2 days after status update. I assume that there's a much higher volume of apps now (i was in the first wave), so it may take even longer.

BigFatPanda

Bronze

Post by BigFatPanda » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:48 am

ViIIager wrote:Has anyone that applied for the part-time program heard back? I submitted my app in mid-January and other than the "complete" update, there's been no news. It's making me twitch.
I went complete on 01/12/2010, got the call on 01/21/2010. And yes, on my status check page, it changed to "You should expect to receive a decision letter in the mail in two to four weeks" hours before i got the call.

fallguy

New

Post by fallguy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:52 am

HERetICal wrote:
OGR3 wrote:

In case anyone wants a little more info on schollies and Fin. Aid, etc. This was the email response I received today to an inquiry about scholarship information.

"We send out scholarship information in late February/early March. Financial Aid packages are mailed April 1 to permanent addresses. After deposits are received on April 15, and we have a better idea of who is seriously considering matriculation, we will send out additional scholarship offers." - Alison H. Price, Associate Dean and Director of Admissions
Well I'm seriously considering attending, but not without a scholarship offer. But I certainly won't send a deposit without one. If I knew I wasn't getting an offer now I would withdraw now. Seems like this policy sucks for those waiting for others to withdraw.

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:57 am

fallguy wrote:
HERetICal wrote:
OGR3 wrote:

Well I'm seriously considering attending, but not without a scholarship offer. But I certainly won't send a deposit without one. If I knew I wasn't getting an offer now I would withdraw now. Seems like this policy sucks for those waiting for others to withdraw.
Meh. The school's sticker price for a resident is already 25%-33% of what the private institutions are charging without scholarship, which is why I haven't withdrawn and it's seriously still on the table for me. So while 99 times out of 100 I'd credit your statement, I don't think it's true here.

Mason is also on the record saying they give very, very few scholarships, precisely because 1) they have no money, and 2) they're already charging pennies for tuition.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BigFatPanda

Bronze

Post by BigFatPanda » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:57 am

fallguy wrote:
HERetICal wrote:
OGR3 wrote:

GMU isn't known to be very generous on their financial aid, especially if you are an in-state admit. However, there are some very generous outside scholarships you can apply as perspective student, see http://www.law.gmu.edu/financing/scholarships.

fallguy

New

Post by fallguy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks for the link.

ViIIager

Bronze

Post by ViIIager » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:12 am

Panther7 wrote:

Damn it, checked the status checker just now and it finally changed. I'm getting a decision letter in two to four weeks too.

Either they changed their acceptance technique or I'm dot #8.

shadow.

Bronze

Post by shadow. » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Last edited by shadow. on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shadow.

Bronze

Post by shadow. » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:22 pm

Last edited by shadow. on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antigone

New

Post by Antigone » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Status changed today to "You should expect to receive a decision letter in the mail in two to four weeks."

So...from above posts it seems like either I will be getting a phone call shortly, or a rejection letter...

Anyone get accepted via snail mail?

Antigone

New

Post by Antigone » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Antigone wrote:Status changed today to "You should expect to receive a decision letter in the mail in two to four weeks."

So...from above posts it seems like either I will be getting a phone call shortly, or a rejection letter...

Ha! Just got the call. My first acceptance! This week just got better. Good luck to everyone!

violaboy

Bronze

Post by violaboy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:04 pm

My twin bro just got a call from GMU.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ViIIager

Bronze

Post by ViIIager » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:08 pm

shadow. wrote:
shadow. wrote:I got the 2-4 weeks status update today too.

170/3.0
heh, just in via phone call. the 2-4 weeks update is NOT a death sentence.
My mind thanks you. My phone, however, will not enjoy the death grip I'll have on it today.

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Antigone wrote:Status changed today to "You should expect to receive a decision letter in the mail in two to four weeks."

Seems that you get same day call if you were status changed and you get accept, if you don't get a call that day, you're getting a letter of rejection, sadly.

chameleon

New

Post by chameleon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:52 pm

in via phone call this morning :)

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:01 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”