LSU? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
southernboy

Bronze

LSU?

Post by southernboy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:49 pm

so far I haven't seen anyone getting decisions from LSU yet. Last year they started notifying people in november. Does anyone know whats up?

BriaTharen

Silver

Re: LSU?

Post by BriaTharen » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:32 am

Haven't heard anything yet either. :? They invited me to a web chat they are doing next Tuesday, so that is going to be one of the questions I ask them.

SpencerPratt

Bronze

Post by SpencerPratt » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:34 am

+1

Not sure what's up with them.

rcharles

Bronze

Post by rcharles » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:16 pm

They sent me this email in early November:
This e-mail is to inform you that your application file is now complete. The
Admissions Committee is continuously meeting and reviewing applicant files and
you will be notified by letter of their decision. We anticipate that all
decisions will be made between April and June for the upcoming fall semester.
Due to the increase in applications and the fact that the committee reviews
all files, we appreciate your patience and understanding that you may not hear
from us until late Spring.

jeeptiger09

Bronze

Post by jeeptiger09 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:01 pm

Got an email from an admissions counselor this week, saying they were starting to review the first batch in committee this week. FWIW I applied and went complete the first week of November.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:20 pm

southernboy wrote:so far I haven't seen anyone getting decisions from LSU yet. Last year they started notifying people in november. Does anyone know whats up?
Have any of you checked your "Paws" account lately? It says in the "Paws" email that your "registration" section will expand if you are admitted. Mine expanded yesterday, and now I have the option for all this stuff:

Registration Information
Student Holds
Personal Schedule
Schedule Request
Additional Services
Defer Pymt/Payr Deduct
Fee Bill

I assume that means I was accepted.

southernboy

Bronze

Post by southernboy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:44 pm

hmmm no I haven't checked my paws account at all since I first got the e-mail. I'll do it right now...

southernboy

Bronze

Post by southernboy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:50 pm

ok so I just checked my paws account and when I clicked on registration and then clicked on the EXPAND all button, all the information that you're talking about appeared. I don't know if this was always there, because I've never checked my paws account before

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:55 pm

southernboy wrote:ok so I just checked my paws account and when I clicked on registration and then clicked on the EXPAND all button, all the information that you're talking about appeared. I don't know if this was always there, because I've never checked my paws account before
It hasn't always been there. I've essentially been checking it like a status checker. Before, the only thing there was "Registration Information."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

southernboy

Bronze

Post by southernboy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:58 pm

that is interesting...but what e-mail are you referring to that said that if you are accepted the registration would be expanded? I don't remember seeing that anywhere in the e-mails that I got from them.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:03 pm

southernboy wrote:that is interesting...but what e-mail are you referring to that said that if you are accepted the registration would be expanded? I don't remember seeing that anywhere in the e-mails that I got from them.
This is from the "LSU has created a Paws Account for you" email:

If your application is approved and you choose to enroll at
the Law Center, your list of services will evolve to reflect your changed
association. Such services include scheduling classes and viewing final
grades.

EDIT: I realize that it says that if it's approved AND you choose to enroll, but it still seems pretty obvious that the new list is what it was referring to (even if no one has chosen to "enroll" yet). I could be completely wrong though.

rcharles

Bronze

Post by rcharles » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:08 pm

I received the same email and like both of you my options include all the above mentioned. Like southernboy however, this is the first time I've checked my PAWS account.

I'm at or above 75th percentile FWIW.

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:19 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
southernboy wrote:that is interesting...but what e-mail are you referring to that said that if you are accepted the registration would be expanded? I don't remember seeing that anywhere in the e-mails that I got from them.

grades.

EDIT: I realize that it says that if it's approved AND you choose to enroll, but it still seems pretty obvious that the new list is what it was referring to (even if no one has chosen to "enroll" yet). I could be completely wrong though.

I would take it with a grain of salt. Though it was four years ago so my memory is a bit fuzzy, I think those services didn't mean anything special when I applied for UG. Also, what would they do about students that go there? Current students use PAWS to access grading software, pay fees, schedule classes, etc. Doesn't seem likely that they would create a status checker that is only functional for non-LSU students.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rcharles

Bronze

Post by rcharles » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:25 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:

grades.

I would take it with a grain of salt. Though it was four years ago so my memory is a bit fuzzy, I think those services didn't mean anything special when I applied for UG. Also, what would they do about students that go there? Current students use PAWS to access grading software, pay fees, schedule classes, etc. Doesn't seem likely that they would create a status checker that is only functional for non-LSU students.
But it's not really a status checker. Pirate was referring to the availability itself of those services that were not there before.

That said, I remain skeptical of the whole thing as an indication of acceptance...

southernboy

Bronze

Post by southernboy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:45 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:Haven't heard anything yet either. :? They invited me to a web chat they are doing next Tuesday, so that is going to be one of the questions I ask them.

I didn't get an invitation for a web chat...I must not be one of the cool kids :(

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:05 pm

southernboy wrote:
JessicaTiger wrote:Haven't heard anything yet either. :? They invited me to a web chat they are doing next Tuesday, so that is going to be one of the questions I ask them.

I didn't get an invitation for a web chat...I must not be one of the cool kids :(
Not sure what the determining factor is, but going to LSU for my UG might have helped out

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:33 pm

From the webchat: LSU will start sending decisions at the beginning of next week

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shawty18ga

Bronze

Post by shawty18ga » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:51 pm

According to LSN, two people got acceptances today. Strange....

Krones

New

Post by Krones » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:03 pm

Got the phone call today. I'm in.

macatak911

Bronze

Post by macatak911 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:32 pm

The registration expansion is probably a good indicator. Mine hasn't expanded yet :(

anothernancydrew

Bronze

Post by anothernancydrew » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Can anyone explain the rhyme or reason of LSU's notifications? It seemed as though some people got phone calls last week, but with no real pattern that I can see (granted, from limited information). Then, on the web chat, they just vaguely said that they would call 'as many people as possible.'

Anyone have any more information? Get in today? Get a call last week?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:53 pm

Okay, I was looking at my PAWS page today. I'm at LSU, so I'm pretty familiar with all the options under "Student Services"- and today I noticed that "Law Course Offerings" have been added to the Student Services menu. Admitted and pending- do you have this on your PAWS page?

anothernancydrew

Bronze

Post by anothernancydrew » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:52 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:Okay, I was looking at my PAWS page today. I'm at LSU, so I'm pretty familiar with all the options under "Student Services"- and today I noticed that "Law Course Offerings" have been added to the Student Services menu. Admitted and pending- do you have this on your PAWS page?
I just checked and I do have the Law Course Offerings option, but I can't be certain if I had it before or not. I am currently still pending, but my numbers are very, very competitive for LSU--I was hoping to hear back before the holidays, but it looks like it might be a bit of a wait...

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:40 pm

In at LSU today by snail mail! Hooray!

anothernancydrew

Bronze

Post by anothernancydrew » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:17 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:In at LSU today by snail mail! Hooray!
Congrats! How far did your envelope have to go?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”