Lewis & Clark 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KraftEZ

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby KraftEZ » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:27 pm

barga24 wrote:Got dinged today... anybody know how they do people who reapply for the next cycle?

I got dinged last year because my softs and LSAT score wasn't great and I applied very late (February).

I spent the following year studying the LSATs, improved my personal statement immensely, applied very early (October) and took on volunteer work at ELAW (environmental law alliance worldwide) to boost my resume.

Got in this year.

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:37 pm

who's all gonna be there friday?

tnthlpr

Postby tnthlpr » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:07 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:who's all gonna be there friday?

I'm planning on being there Thur and Friday, also planning to go out to Dragonfish Cafe afterward.

barga24

Postby barga24 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:49 pm

KraftEZ wrote:
barga24 wrote:Got dinged today... anybody know how they do people who reapply for the next cycle?

I got dinged last year because my softs and LSAT score wasn't great and I applied very late (February).

I spent the following year studying the LSATs, improved my personal statement immensely, applied very early (October) and took on volunteer work at ELAW (environmental law alliance worldwide) to boost my resume.

Got in this year.

hmmm
thankies

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:00 am

tnthlpr wrote:
S de Garmeaux wrote:who's all gonna be there friday?

I'm planning on being there Thur and Friday, also planning to go out to Dragonfish Cafe afterward.

I'll also be there Thursday and Friday. What's the TLS secret handshake again? I'll probably be at Dragonfish as well, but some of that will depend on my +1.

fruitcocktail

Postby fruitcocktail » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm in the same boat. I went complete on 2/2 and nothing has changed. It seems like all the schools in the northwest are slow as hell.

mhd08

Postby mhd08 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Does anyone know which hotels are closer, the downtown hotels or southwest hotels? What would you recommend?

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:34 pm

sophistry wrote:
tnthlpr wrote:I'm planning on being there Thur and Friday, also planning to go out to Dragonfish Cafe afterward.

What's the TLS secret handshake again? /quote]

+1

what's deal w/ dragonfish?

algren

Postby algren » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:18 pm

All of you that are heading out to Portland have a great time! Wish I could join you, but cash is not my friend at the moment. Be sure and let us know your impressions!

SamSeaborn2016

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:19 pm

mhd08 wrote:Does anyone know which hotels are closer, the downtown hotels or southwest hotels? What would you recommend?

You might have to get more specific with your question. L&C is set away from downtown Portland in the SW hills. Also, "downtown is technically SW Portland. As far as I know, a lot of people are staying at hotels "downtown" and taking the shuttle up to the law school or driving up to the campus themselves.

EDIT: I'm assuming everyone else got the notice today regarding the reception and ASD. Sounds like they have a ton of people and it might be a mad house!

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:15 pm

I withdrew...from Admitted Students Day. Hopefully this will ease the congestion discussed in the email!

SamSeaborn2016

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:21 pm

gatorlion wrote:I withdrew...from Admitted Students Day. Hopefully this will ease the congestion discussed in the email!

I had to pull out of the reception tonight for work reasons but I'll be there tomorrow.

KraftEZ

Postby KraftEZ » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:37 pm

I'm gonna leave Eugene tomorrow at 7 am and drive up two hours to get to Portland. Hopefully parking isn't terrible.

Tuski

Postby Tuski » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:06 pm

ephemeral wrote:
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:Alrighty, the facebook get-together wasn't organized as a public event but since 87 people were invited (I'm guessing every member of the group at the time it was organized) I don't think it will matter if we give out the location. As of now, 29 people are confirmed so it is going to be a wee bit nuts anyway. The plan was to head over after the Thursday night reception.

8:30-11 (or whenever)
Dragonfish Cafe
909 SW Park Ave
PDX
--LinkRemoved--

Dragonfish is a sushi restaurant/bar with a decent happy hour. A lot of people are staying at hotels near the place so that is why it was chosen.

I can't make it to that event on Thursday since my flight gets in at 9pm, so would anyone be interested in a Friday event as well?

Perhaps non-pub places? I know that's a shocker going into one of the best microbrewery towns in the US, but that's just my preference.

I'm down to go out Friday night.

SamSeaborn2016

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:57 pm

I'd be down for something tomorrow evening.

Have we decided on a way to identify ourselves as TLSers tomorrow?

KraftEZ

Postby KraftEZ » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:05 pm

SamSeaborn2016 wrote:I'd be down for something tomorrow evening.

Have we decided on a way to identify ourselves as TLSers tomorrow?

I decided i will wear a hoodie.

mle0918

Postby mle0918 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:22 am

Very excited to visit tomorrow! Will be heading down from Seattle at 6am, hope to make it on time.

Random question for those who live in Portland--any good mt. biking/rock climbing places nearby that are closer than Bend?

KraftEZ

Postby KraftEZ » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:35 am

Got sold after the preview today. Just mailed my full deposit. Look forward to the rest of 1Ls whomever decides to join!

ccs224

Postby ccs224 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:28 pm

So who was everybody? Was anyone in the Pink group?

yellowfin

Postby yellowfin » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:04 am

Definitely liked the law school. Totally sold on Portland. Just wondering why the law school has to be outside of Portland. Most of the current students I talked to do not live downtown. Some do, but they deal with the commute.

Lewis & Clark does have a shuttle that picks up at Pioneer Square downtown, but do I want to have to make that commute 5 days a week? If L&C law were downtown, I'd have already sent in my deposit. It's Portland that's keeping the school in the mix. Does the awesomeness of Portland make up for the remote/suburban location of the school?

ccs224

Postby ccs224 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:09 am

yellowfin wrote:Definitely liked the law school. Totally sold on Portland. Just wondering why the law school has to be outside of Portland. Most of the current students I talked to do not live downtown. Some do, but they deal with the commute.

Lewis & Clark does have a shuttle that picks up at Pioneer Square downtown, but do I want to have to make that commute 5 days a week? If L&C law were downtown, I'd have already sent in my deposit. It's Portland that's keeping the school in the mix. Does the awesomeness of Portland make up for the remote/suburban location of the school?

But the campus was so amazingly beautiful. Downtown Portland is not beautiful.

oberlin08

Postby oberlin08 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:18 am

yellowfin wrote:Definitely liked the law school. Totally sold on Portland. Just wondering why the law school has to be outside of Portland. Most of the current students I talked to do not live downtown. Some do, but they deal with the commute.

How long does the commute take by car? Does anyone know?

katjust

Postby katjust » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:49 am

oberlin08 wrote:

Technically the law school is in Portland. If the law school was downtown it would still be a commuter school. PSU is downtown and is definitely considered a commuter school. Most people don't want to live downtown, they want to live in SE or elsewhere. Also, it would be an ugly school if it were downtown (in fact that's where it used to be). Once again, look at PSU.

Without traffic it takes about 10-15 minutes by car from downtown (that's if you are actually in downtown when you start).

yellowfin

Postby yellowfin » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:08 pm

katjust wrote:
oberlin08 wrote:

Technically the law school is in Portland. If the law school was downtown it would still be a commuter school. PSU is downtown and is definitely considered a commuter school. Most people don't want to live downtown, they want to live in SE or elsewhere. Also, it would be an ugly school if it were downtown (in fact that's where it used to be). Once again, look at PSU.

Without traffic it takes about 10-15 minutes by car from downtown (that's if you are actually in downtown when you start).

I'll give you that the campus is beautiful in a secluded, foresty sort of way. I thought downtown Portland was extremely nice. It's about the cleanest big city I've ever seen. The Pearl district is really nice too, although probably prohibitively expensive. I think there's a reason the law school directed everyone to stay downtown rather than in the SE. I wish the law school would have done a better job a showing the SE, even just having the bus drive through areas where students live in the SE would have been great.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SE is suburban rather than urban. Meaning you likely need a car to get around and you can't walk to bars and restaurants quite as easily as you can if you're downtown.

And I walked near PSU in the South Park Blocks along SW Park Ave. I though it looked like a great place to live near, but maybe that's just me. I wouldn't want to commute to there, though.

SamSeaborn2016

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:33 pm

ccs224 wrote:So who was everybody? Was anyone in the Pink group?

lol. I was in the pink group. Now I am curious too.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”