Lewis & Clark 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ozarkhack

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby ozarkhack » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:20 pm

algren wrote:
ozarkhack wrote:
barga24 wrote:also, was that your third update?
A lot of people updated on 2/25 were able to get in today. So, I assume that it means the week later you are in

i was 2/26 and 3/2, so will test this theory next week

2/25 was my third update. I couldn't access the site that day or seven days later. But behold: on the eighth day, it came to pass. And it was good.

Congrats Ozark!

Thanks. It was no fluke: Acceptance came in mail today.

kalede

Postby kalede » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:33 pm

I got my acceptance packet today in the mail! I also got the letter about the lack of scholarship money, which is disappointing, but not at all surprising, since I saw that discussed on the thread a while ago. Does anyone know where/if there is any information about how much money L&C has offered in the past to students they have reevaluated for scholarships in late April?

wswalt

Postby wswalt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:49 pm

kalede wrote:I got my acceptance packet today in the mail! I also got the letter about the lack of scholarship money, which is disappointing, but not at all surprising, since I saw that discussed on the thread a while ago. Does anyone know where/if there is any information about how much money L&C has offered in the past to students they have reevaluated for scholarships in late April?

When did your status last update?

kalede

Postby kalede » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:54 pm

It last updated on 2/25, and it still says "Applicant File Complete"

barga24

Postby barga24 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:23 pm

I assume that those updated 2/25 and later will get there access to the site this Friday and the packets next Monday based on that

barga24

Postby barga24 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:36 pm

sorry, i meant 2/26 and later

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:38 pm

I just got my admit to L&C with the "sorry we can't give you $$" letter. I'm still considering passing up on $30k to Illinois to go.

Just checking... am I crazy? Is it bad that the college advice of Bill Simmons is factoring into my decision?

kswiss

Postby kswiss » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:42 pm

TCS wrote:I just got my admit to L&C with the "sorry we can't give you $$" letter. I'm still considering passing up on $30k to Illinois to go.

Just checking... am I crazy? Is it bad that the college advice of Bill Simmons is factoring into my decision?

Do you live in portland or something? I would MUCH rather go to Illinois than L&C. I like L&C, but Illinois has a better rep, plus they're giving you money.

More cost for a degree with less value? If I were you, I would consider myself a little crazy.

I'm also quite envious. I'm held at L&C and WL at Illinois.

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:36 pm

My wife and I are applying for the same cycle and want to get into the same school. L&C admitted us both, Illinois put her on the WL.

It is a little depressing though, to look at that big scholarship and know I've got a pretty good chance of paying ticket at most other places.

kswiss

Postby kswiss » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:46 pm

TCS wrote:My wife and I are applying for the same cycle and want to get into the same school. L&C admitted us both, Illinois put her on the WL.

It is a little depressing though, to look at that big scholarship and know I've got a pretty good chance of paying ticket at most other places.

That makes sense. Did your wife let Illinois know that you and her were applying together? That might be something to get her off the WL, especially if she said that she would absolutely go there if accepted. Still, L&C is a good school in an awesome location.

Norwood

Postby Norwood » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:24 am

My application complete date was updated from 2/4 to 3/4.

Today, I was able to access the admitted students site. I've read that this is an indicator of being admitted... is this a sure thing? if so then awesome!

barga24

Postby barga24 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:27 am

Norwood wrote:My application complete date was updated from 2/4 to 3/4.

Today, I was able to access the admitted students site. I've read that this is an indicator of being admitted... is this a sure thing? if so then awesome!

as I went complete 3/2 but can't get on, this really disheartens me
that said, congrats man

Norwood

Postby Norwood » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:42 am

barga24 wrote:

that said, congrats man

Thanks and hang in there...hopefully you'll get in sooner or later!

As for the admitted students site, it looks like it's a good sign of admittance since it allows me to take the necessary steps to submit my first deposit via credit card to LC. However, I'll wait for a decision letter before I consider it official.

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:36 am

Norwood wrote:
barga24 wrote:

that said, congrats man

Thanks and hang in there...hopefully you'll get in sooner or later!

As for the admitted students site, it looks like it's a good sign of admittance since it allows me to take the necessary steps to submit my first deposit via credit card to LC. However, I'll wait for a decision letter before I consider it official.

It's always good to be cautious, Norwood. But don't worry, you have been accepted. Accepted students site access = accepted.

Edit: Congrats!

Bobalou

Postby Bobalou » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:51 am

For the people that got the "we haven't made a decision yet" email...

Are you sending a LOCI and pursuing, or did it turn you off to them like it did me?

akili

Postby akili » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:59 am

Bobalou wrote:For the people that got the "we haven't made a decision yet" email...

Are you sending a LOCI and pursuing, or did it turn you off to them like it did me?

I'm really torn. If I don't get in to UW and want to stay in the NW, then L&C is the next best thing....but I got in to Oregon already and I was accepted to Wake Forest (obviously not in NW). I'm trying to see when I would end up going to L&C. I like the school and Portland is rad, but can it really beat Wake (overall, not in NW)

Bobalou

Postby Bobalou » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:14 pm

akili wrote:
Bobalou wrote:For the people that got the "we haven't made a decision yet" email...

I'm really torn. If I don't get in to UW and want to stay in the NW, then L&C is the next best thing....but I got in to Oregon already and I was accepted to Wake Forest (obviously not in NW). I'm trying to see when I would end up going to L&C. I like the school and Portland is rad, but can it really beat Wake (overall, not in NW)

Torn too, waiting to hear back from Seattle, Washington and Gonzaga. I really loved the idea of going to Law School inside a state park. I think that I am in this boat bc I didn't specifically mention any of their programs in my app.

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:23 pm

akili wrote:

Unless your focus is environmental law or bust, I wouldn't take U of O out of the running. It's cheaper and seems to have an equal reputation with L&C in Oregon, notwithstanding the USNWR rank. Every attorney I talk to in Oregon (I know a few) says that it's UW, then far below that is L&C/UO, then Seattle U, then Willamette, for Oregon. Anecdotal, I know, but I keep hearing it over and over.

I personally don't see a difference between a rank of 61 and 77 becoming more than "both Tier 2" in the market. I think the PDX versus Eugene debate is probably more relevant to choosing between them.

I don't know anything about Wake, but I'd think that if you want to practice in Oregon, you should stick with one of the NW schools.

EDIT: With that being said, good luck with L&C! I'll be at the ASW, so clearly I'm a fan.

bobbycortez

Postby bobbycortez » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:21 pm

after being waitlisted to UGA and UIUC in the past week, ACCESS GRANTED to L&C! the waiting game continues..

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:28 pm

bobbycortez wrote:after being waitlisted to UGA and UIUC in the past week, ACCESS GRANTED to L&C! the waiting game continues..

Congrats! It's nice to get some good news. I think a lot of us will be playing the waiting game over the next couple months (or longer!). The redistribution of L&C scholarships will affect a lot of us.

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:43 pm

sophistry wrote:.

Fucking Conky

echelon

Postby echelon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:47 pm

Got the "We haven't made a decision" email today. It's the first feedback I've had during my cycle, so I suppose it's nice not to have an outright rejection lead things off - especially since I thought my gpa would get me auto-dinged.

Hopefully things come around in the next month or two. L&C intrigues me.

KraftEZ

Postby KraftEZ » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:30 pm

I talked to an assistant admissions director yesterday for a good half-hour. Talked about financing law school and the infamous "out-of-money" letter.

Lewis & Clark is really seeking to retain top class students by offering the majority of the scholarships in motherloads to those students. I suppose this is a tactic to try and increase LSAT and GPA averages of each successive entering class in an attempt to increase selectivity and approach elite level. Lewis & Clark is also spending a lot of money on paying their professors and keeping the student-to-faculty ratio low. This is also indicative of the fact that L&C is also on a very tight budget comparatively to other schools. They really seem to be active in moving up the ranks.

I was told that by the first deposit deadline there should be "considerable" amount of money left over. Those who submit the first deposit will be reconsidered for the remaining pool of scholarship money.

algren

Postby algren » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:38 pm

KraftEZ wrote:I talked to an assistant admissions director yesterday for a good half-hour. Talked about financing law school and the infamous "out-of-money" letter.

Lewis & Clark is really seeking to retain top class students by offering the majority of the scholarships in motherloads to those students. I suppose this is a tactic to try and increase LSAT and GPA averages of each successive entering class in an attempt to increase selectivity and approach elite level. Lewis & Clark is also spending a lot of money on paying their professors and keeping the student-to-faculty ratio low. This is also indicative of the fact that L&C is also on a very tight budget comparatively to other schools. They really seem to be active in moving up the ranks.

I was told that by the first deposit deadline there should be "considerable" amount of money left over. Those who submit the first deposit will be reconsidered for the remaining pool of scholarship money.

Thank you for posting this. I am happy to hear this perspective.

oberlin08

Postby oberlin08 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Tag. I applied last minute and I'm around the lower 25s on both counts so I don't really expect to get in, but its sure nice to think about.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”