Lewis & Clark 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
haider

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby haider » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Tuski wrote:
gatorlion wrote:UPDATE: Modera is completely booked for the night of March 18th. They only have suites available for $189. I can't imagine they sold out due to L&C students, so there must be another big event going down. In any case, we have to look at one of the other options.

Crap! Thanks for the info. Does anyone like the idea of checking out the Mark Spencer Jazzluvr suggested? I really don't want to pay more than what I was expecting to pay for Modera...

I like the idea! I don't want to pay too much more either...

ccs224

Postby ccs224 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:57 pm

gatorlion wrote:UPDATE: Modera is completely booked for the night of March 18th. They only have suites available for $189. I can't imagine they sold out due to L&C students, so there must be another big event going down. In any case, we have to look at one of the other options.

UPDATE 2: The Paramount Hotel appears to be booked for the night of March 18th as well.

Yeah, I saw that today as well. I would also add that Ace is booked too. I've always wanted to stay at an Ace hotel, because they look awesome, and figured this might be a good time to do it. Looks like I might just end up paying peanuts at a hostel instead.

Tuski

Postby Tuski » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:07 pm

haider wrote:
Tuski wrote:

Crap! Thanks for the info. Does anyone like the idea of checking out the Mark Spencer Jazzluvr suggested? I really don't want to pay more than what I was expecting to pay for Modera...

I like the idea! I don't want to pay too much more either...

Here's the link to the Mark Spencer. Looks like regular rates are from $99-169; can't call right now to find out if they will offer discount tho (I'm at work), but if they do offer a comparable rate, I'll probably jump on it, since it looks like lots of places are filling up, and at least one person recommends this one... http://www.markspencer.com/.

Antigone

Postby Antigone » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:04 pm

In via Snail Mail today. 157/3.97
No $, same letter about how they already gave it all away. That's a shame...

Status checker still says "Application File Complete, 2/19/2010"

vegansistah

Postby vegansistah » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:16 pm

I am staying at the Crowne Plaza downtown. Don't know how much it was because I purchased a package deal on Travelocity or Priceline (can't remember which) that also included my air and car rental.

Excited about visiting L&C for the ASD... UofMD may have just made up my mind to move out to OR anyway since they just waitlisted me.

jazzluvr

Postby jazzluvr » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:37 pm

How many of us have been admitted, do people think? How many do they typically admit for a year? I know there are stats somewhere....

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:22 am

Antigone wrote:In via Snail Mail today. 157/3.97
No $, same letter about how they already gave it all away. That's a shame...

Status checker still says "Application File Complete, 2/19/2010"

Wow. What a difference 1 LSAT point and softs make in determining scholarships...

zermatt1

Postby zermatt1 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:28 pm

I visited Lewis and Clark on Thursday. I live in Texas and couldn't make it for admitted students weekend. The school is beautiful and secluded. All the law school facilities are great. I sat in on a class and it was really interesting. I also used Hotwire to book a hotel downtown. I got a 3.5 star for $65, $80 with tax and it ended up being the Hilton downtown. Hotwire is a great website and I've never had a bad Portland hotel when using the site.

heckyes

Postby heckyes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:13 pm

zermatt1 wrote:I visited Lewis and Clark on Thursday. I live in Texas and couldn't make it for admitted students weekend. The school is beautiful and secluded. All the law school facilities are great. I sat in on a class and it was really interesting. I also used Hotwire to book a hotel downtown. I got a 3.5 star for $65, $80 with tax and it ended up being the Hilton downtown. Hotwire is a great website and I've never had a bad Portland hotel when using the site.

I am visiting this upcoming saturday and I too used hotwire...love it!

on another topic-does anyone know when lewis and clark will be sending out their award letters (i.e. the types of fed loans and other financial aid I will be receiving)?

jazzluvr

Postby jazzluvr » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:50 pm

I just found this on the L&C site. Apparently they won the national environmental moot court competition again:

http://www.lclark.edu/law/news/story/?id=4533

jazzluvr

Postby jazzluvr » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:54 pm

zermatt1 wrote:I visited Lewis and Clark on Thursday. I live in Texas and couldn't make it for admitted students weekend. The school is beautiful and secluded. All the law school facilities are great. I sat in on a class and it was really interesting. I also used Hotwire to book a hotel downtown. I got a 3.5 star for $65, $80 with tax and it ended up being the Hilton downtown. Hotwire is a great website and I've never had a bad Portland hotel when using the site.

Yes, I agree. I was there for the animal law conference in October. The school is like a fairy wonderland in the middle of an enchanted forest. The law library is nearly all glass and surrounded by gorgeous trees, which you see from all the windows. They have one room or building there that's like a round tower, nearly all glass and very tall, filled with a bunch of couches and other furniture and with law books lining the walls. You walk out of the door right into hiking trails.

Also, I sat in on a civ pro class, which has become my "benchmark" for the quality of a school. I'd previously sat in on the civ pro classes at Boalt, Golden Gate, and USF in Bay Area. USF's was pretty good but I'd have to say L&C's was the best. Of course, this is not necessarily saying much, because it's also the luck of the draw - which particular prof is teaching, what subject they're on, etc..

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:39 am

In via snail mail!!! I've heard great things about the campus and now I really want to go see it!

Tuski

Postby Tuski » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Just booked a room at the Mark Spencer Hotel for March 17th, 18th & 19th - $110/night (booked online, selected "best available web rate" or something to that effect). There's also a place where you can "make an offer" for a price - but it says they may not get back to you for 48 hrs, so I just took the $110. FYI for those still looking for hotels.

kaya_belly

Postby kaya_belly » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Accepted today :D No money :( They said they would reevalute the money situation in April, but I am not holding my breath.

I love Portland, but relocating there is probably not realistic right now.

2.76 / 168. Went complete about five weeks ago.

haider

Postby haider » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Just booked downtown Portland 3 star hotel on Hotwire and got The Benson at $96/night. It was a little bit more than what I wanted to pay. However, I think this was the best option because I can walk to the shuttle pick up point and don't have to pay the $120+/night for the L&C recommended hotels.

Just throwing that out there for whoever is still looking for a hotel.

totebags

Postby totebags » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:01 am

haider wrote:Just booked downtown Portland 3 star hotel on Hotwire and got The Benson at $96/night. It was a little bit more than what I wanted to pay. However, I think this was the best option because I can walk to the shuttle pick up point and don't have to pay the $120+/night for the L&C recommended hotels.

I love your avatar! Is that your kitty?

I just booked a room at the best and cheapest hotel in the greater Portland area--my aunt's house across the river in Vancouver. Free meals and wifi! (I need to rent a car to drive to L&C though, so it does have its drawbacks.)

akili

Postby akili » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:52 am

I'm really interested in staying in the Northwest and UW is kind of iffy. What made yall choose L&C? I'm curious.

BruinsFan

Postby BruinsFan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:52 am

I visited L and C as an undergrad. Pretty campus, but definitely wasn't what I wanted at the time. I ended up in Boston.

I just got in to the PT program today off of being "on hold"! I got the on hold email in January and was really surprised I heard today... the email said april or may.

I also got admitted to U of O with a small scholarship, although enough to make it more like in state than out of state and am going to visit in April. I'm leaning U of O b/c I'm trying my damnedest to take out < 100 k in loans.

katjust

Postby katjust » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:17 am

Hey, if any of you do need a ride to and from the law school(at least on Friday) I can acommodate two people in my messy car seat filled car. I am a current student and will be helping out on the ASW. The school will have shuttles from downtown I think, so if you are there you probably don't need a ride.

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:32 am

katjust wrote:Hey, if any of you do need a ride to and from the law school(at least on Friday) I can acommodate two people in my messy car seat filled car. I am a current student and will be helping out on the ASW. The school will have shuttles from downtown I think, so if you are there you probably don't need a ride.

Thanks for the offer, katjust! I'm set for transportation myself, but it's certainly nice to see a current L&C law student here. I'll see you at the ASW!

For those who didn't catch it, katjust answered some L&C questions here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=104916

mhd08

Postby mhd08 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:22 pm

BruinsFan wrote:I visited L and C as an undergrad. Pretty campus, but definitely wasn't what I wanted at the time. I ended up in Boston.

I just got in to the PT program today off of being "on hold"! I got the on hold email in January and was really surprised I heard today... the email said april or may.

I also got admitted to U of O with a small scholarship, although enough to make it more like in state than out of state and am going to visit in April. I'm leaning U of O b/c I'm trying my damnedest to take out < 100 k in loans.

Congrats! Did you send a LOCI? I'm also on hold and was planning on sending one this month because they said they wouldn't be reviewing my file again until April or May.

haider

Postby haider » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:37 pm

totebags wrote:
haider wrote:Just booked downtown Portland 3 star hotel on Hotwire and got The Benson at $96/night. It was a little bit more than what I wanted to pay. However, I think this was the best option because I can walk to the shuttle pick up point and don't have to pay the $120+/night for the L&C recommended hotels.

I love your avatar! Is that your kitty?

It's actually a stray that I found. But I couldn't keep it in my 600 sq ft apartment (too mean to the kitty) so I gave it to my boyfriend's parents where it has a backyard and another cat to play with.
For some reason every time you put a camera in front of her face she yawns. It's the weirdest thing.

BruinsFan

Postby BruinsFan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:44 pm

mhd08 wrote:
BruinsFan wrote:I visited L and C as an undergrad. Pretty campus, but definitely wasn't what I wanted at the time. I ended up in Boston.

Congrats! Did you send a LOCI? I'm also on hold and was planning on sending one this month because they said they wouldn't be reviewing my file again until April or May.

Thanks! I did not send a LOCI. I've been accepted to a few of my other top schools, so I'll probably be withdrawing soon. If I'm going to take out significantly more than 100 k than I'm going to go to USD and live at home. Plus, I didn't fall in love with Lewis in Clark when I visited before. I'm interested to see how I feel about U of O after I visit.

km23

Postby km23 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:10 pm

[
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:11 pm

just rsvp'd for ASD

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”