Lewis & Clark 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
arundodonax

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby arundodonax » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Last edited by arundodonax on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vegansistah

Postby vegansistah » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:15 pm

Congrats heckyes and Sarlis (Sarlis, it appears we've applied to A LOT of the same schools!)

Good to hear about the money, too! Hopefully, my decision will come soon (I am a 2/11 complete, previously 1/21 complete.)

:D

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:38 pm

vegansistah wrote:Congrats heckyes and Sarlis (Sarlis, it appears we've applied to A LOT of the same schools!)

Good to hear about the money, too! Hopefully, my decision will come soon (I am a 2/11 complete, previously 1/21 complete.)

haha yeah it seems to be that way!

goodluck with your cycle!

desitara05

Postby desitara05 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:32 pm

In today via snail mail! YAY! :)

amorfati42

Postby amorfati42 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Came home to a big white envelope only to find a 'Practical Skills' pamphlet. What a bunch of teases.

kswiss

Postby kswiss » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:54 pm

I got the practical skills mailing today also. I was very iffy about it since I haven't been able to access the admitted students site, so I was pretty sure it was a rejection. Last status update 2-10. Anyone with 2-10 able to access the site?

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Today I received the practical skills mailing AND the acceptance (with $10k/yr)! I was one of those who went complete on 2/5 and could access the admitted students section of the website. The correlation seems legit. Good luck to everyone else and for those who haven't heard, hang in there!

lawgirl99

Postby lawgirl99 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:55 pm

gatorlion wrote:Today I received the practical skills mailing AND the acceptance (with $10k/yr)! I was one of those who went complete on 2/5 and could access the admitted students section of the website. The correlation seems legit. Good luck to everyone else and for those who haven't heard, hang in there!

Congrats!! When were you able to access the admitted students section? Was it right on 2/5 or after that?

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:30 am

lawgirl99 wrote:
gatorlion wrote:Today I received the practical skills mailing AND the acceptance (with $10k/yr)! I was one of those who went complete on 2/5 and could access the admitted students section of the website. The correlation seems legit. Good luck to everyone else and for those who haven't heard, hang in there!

Congrats!! When were you able to access the admitted students section? Was it right on 2/5 or after that?

I think I was able to access it on Feb 9th, which would make sense since the letter was dated 2/9 as well. Good luck to you!

lawgirl99

Postby lawgirl99 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:37 am

gatorlion wrote:
lawgirl99 wrote:

I think I was able to access it on Feb 9th, which would make sense since the letter was dated 2/9 as well. Good luck to you!

Thanks for the info! I had another status update today so we'll see what happens.

fruitcocktail

Postby fruitcocktail » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 am

vegansistah!

Awesome tar!

Hope to see ya at L&C!

whiskey

Postby whiskey » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:00 am

Hey everyone. SO i wasnt able to access the admitted students log on all weekend. My status went to application complete today and i was just able to log on. Hope that means i am accepted.

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:02 am

algren wrote:Reception on the evening of March 18th, ASD itself is on the 19th.

Thanks, Algren.

Hooray, I was just accepted via our new "status checker." I haven't received my snail mail yet. My third and most recent complete update was 2/11. Fingers crossed for $$.

laureng05

Postby laureng05 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:52 am

i just got my admitted packet yesterday. unfortunately i also got the "no money left" letter, which sucks cause i think i would've gotten a bit of money from them earlier. sorry if this has been posted before, but has anyone gotten a travel stipend from L&C for the admitted students weekend in march? i live in dc so there's really no way i could go unless they gave me some money.

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:41 am

laureng05 wrote:i just got my admitted packet yesterday. unfortunately i also got the "no money left" letter, which sucks cause i think i would've gotten a bit of money from them earlier. sorry if this has been posted before, but has anyone gotten a travel stipend from L&C for the admitted students weekend in march? i live in dc so there's really no way i could go unless they gave me some money.

That does suck, and makes no sense given your numbers. How frustrating. I haven't received that letter yet--is the tone optimistic about you getting $$ in a couple months? Have you tried calling L&C and asking about the chances of getting $$ later, i.e., is there a history (2008, 2009) of applicants getting redistributed $$?

laureng05

Postby laureng05 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:44 am

sophistry wrote:
laureng05 wrote:i just got my admitted packet yesterday. unfortunately i also got the "no money left" letter, which sucks cause i think i would've gotten a bit of money from them earlier. sorry if this has been posted before, but has anyone gotten a travel stipend from L&C for the admitted students weekend in march? i live in dc so there's really no way i could go unless they gave me some money.

That does suck, and makes no sense given your numbers. How frustrating. I haven't received that letter yet--is the tone optimistic about you getting $$ in a couple months? Have you tried calling L&C and asking about the chances of getting $$ later, i.e., is there a history (2008, 2009) of applicants getting redistributed $$?

The letter said that i could ask to be reevaluated in April when they will be more certain of their incoming class. If a lot of people with large scholarships withdraw, then that opens up more money for people. It's definitely a gamble though.

vegansistah

Postby vegansistah » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:53 am

fruitcocktail wrote:vegansistah!

Awesome tar!

Hope to see ya at L&C!

Thanks! I like my tar, too, but TRUST ME, it has started a lot of conversations (read:fights) on TLS!

Headybrah

Postby Headybrah » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:57 am

nothing better than vegans who think they are better than you!

algren

Postby algren » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:00 pm

laureng05 wrote:
sophistry wrote:

The letter said that i could ask to be reevaluated in April when they will be more certain of their incoming class. If a lot of people with large scholarships withdraw, then that opens up more money for people. It's definitely a gamble though.

I thought it was worded pretty optimistically myself. But no matter how its worded, I think laureng05 is correct that it's a gamble.

Headybrah wrote:nothing better than vegans who think they are better than you!

Oh man, don't start this argument here....

roguey

Postby roguey » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:04 pm

1. I got into the admitted students site today... WOOT!!!

2. I'm a gluten-free vegan who tries to eat raw. My fiancee is a total meat-eater, BUT he won't eat meat unless he has visited the farm it comes from and watched their entire process. I hate that the idea of factory farming being bad is a contentious issue, but there are responsible meat-eaters who don't support that system. In that case your tar needs some revision, but I think the overall message is still accurate :)

Zoomba200

Postby Zoomba200 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Yeah. Sometimes they give a $400 travel stipend. I am not using mine, so they might have some extras from people who cannot attend. It might be worth a call to the admissions office.

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:15 pm

algren wrote:
Oh man, don't start this argument here....

Agreed.

zermatt1

Postby zermatt1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:17 pm

I didn't get a travel stipend. I called Lewis and Clark yesterday to ask if they had any extra stipends for students who live far away, but they said they had a small budget for travel stipends and do not have any more left.

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:19 pm

roguey wrote:1. I got into the admitted students site today... WOOT!!!

2. I'm a gluten-free vegan who tries to eat raw. My fiancee is a total meat-eater, BUT he won't eat meat unless he has visited the farm it comes from and watched their entire process. I hate that the idea of factory farming being bad is a contentious issue, but there are responsible meat-eaters who don't support that system. In that case your tar needs some revision, but I think the overall message is still accurate :)

You can totally be an ethical consumer of poultry (i.e. kosher) and be an environmentalist. I don't eat red meat for environmental/cholesterol reasons, but man do I love me a bacon-wrapped filet mignon once a year...

EDIT: So even the travel stipends were awarded selectively? L&C is showing me quite a bit of love!

Zoomba200

Postby Zoomba200 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:27 pm

From what I have gathered it sounds like the travel stipends come with certain scholarships. I thought they'd have some extra stipends lying around, but it doesn't sound like it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”