Lewis & Clark 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sophistry

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby sophistry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:12 pm

Jerome wrote:I take it you have never been in or near the Willamette...

Haha. Perfect.

heckyes

Postby heckyes » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:13 pm

sophistry wrote:
I hope not. I'm a 2/5 update and I can't access the site. Perhaps they're waiting to finalize a new draft of their "no scholarship for you" letter.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but my 2/5 update was the third update on my file. My application was marked as complete on november 18. On 1/25/10 no status changed but the date did, and then again on 2/5.

was 2/5 your first update? if so, they're probably just working their way through your file and updating it at every turn (which is what it looks like they've done with mine and others).

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:25 pm

heckyes wrote:I don't know if this makes a difference, but my 2/5 update was the third update on my file. My application was marked as complete on november 18. On 1/25/10 no status changed but the date did, and then again on 2/5.

was 2/5 your first update? if so, they're probably just working their way through your file and updating it at every turn (which is what it looks like they've done with mine and others).

2/5 WAS my first update. I honestly don't expect a response until late Feb/early March since I applied so late. But all this talk of 2/5'ers getting in made me anxious.

Oh and thanks for the L&C blog link. I hadn't seen that before.

KraftEZ

Postby KraftEZ » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Who here has L&C as their first choice?

Who's been accepted and will most likely attend?

Just like to get to know a few of my future fellow 1Ls.

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:30 pm

its in my top 2 as of now

Jerome

Postby Jerome » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:33 pm

KraftEZ wrote:Who here has L&C as their first choice?

Accepted, third choice, if they decide to give me aid after a very strongly worded letter, it may go to second position.

Tuski

Postby Tuski » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Jerome wrote:

Accepted, third choice, if they decide to give me aid after a very strongly worded letter, it may go to second position.

Top 2 so far. Once I find out about $$ (or lack of) from CU, I'll know more!

algren

Postby algren » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm

I've only heard back from 1 of the 14 schools I applied to (unless there's something to this whole admitted students page business with L&C, then its two schools) and it was an acceptance, so I really have no idea where it ranks for me. Depends on any aid offered here as well as aid offered at other schools. It's definitely one of stronger candidates though.

vegansistah

Postby vegansistah » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:52 pm

Just got another teaser email from L&C telling me to apply for a scholarship. This after the viewbook in the acceptance-style packaging that had me prematurely celebrating (yes, even after I'd seen y'all's posts on TLS warning about the viewbook).

As for my choice ranking, L&C is theortically my top choice, and any $$ from them would practically seal the deal. 8)

luckyducky7800

Postby luckyducky7800 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:53 pm

L&C is my first choice right now, but I'm still waiting to hear back from two other schools.

roguey

Postby roguey » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Well, I applied... but I didn't get that email, so maybe that's a little glimmer of how for you!

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:56 pm

It's in my top 3 out of 15. But that is assuming a) I get accepted and b) they help me out with $$. I love portland and I've heard lots of positive things about the school itself. The $$ issue is what moves them from #1 to #3 (or lower).

jazzluvr

Postby jazzluvr » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:59 pm

vegansistah wrote:Just got another teaser email from L&C telling me to apply for a scholarship. This after the viewbook in the acceptance-style packaging that had me prematurely celebrating (yes, even after I'd seen y'all's posts on TLS warning about the viewbook).

As for my choice ranking, L&C is theortically my top choice, and any $$ from them would practically seal the deal. 8)

Weird. I got the acceptance a couple of weeks ago but there's been nothing about applying for a scholarship.

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Excluding three very far reaches, L&C is probably my third after Davis/Hastings. My local TTT is close behind, though, with its $$$ offer.

beepermad

Postby beepermad » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:01 pm

Totes just e-mailed them for a status check. My file updated on 1/8 (when it went complete) and again on 2/9. According to their response, my file is under review. Which explains why I can't get into the website. Hopefully.

Three date updates for a decision, then? Here's to hoping.

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:09 pm

vegansistah wrote:Just got another teaser email from L&C telling me to apply for a scholarship. This after the viewbook in the acceptance-style packaging that had me prematurely celebrating (yes, even after I'd seen y'all's posts on TLS warning about the viewbook).

What's this about an application for a scholarship? Does that mean that you didn't submit the scholarship request in the original application?

Also, given your vegan-ness, vegansistah, I'd expect L&C would be perfect for you. A friend told me that L&C has a decent amount of vegan/veggie culture, which I hear is somewhat rare in law school.

jazzluvr

Postby jazzluvr » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:17 pm

The began thing is partly, I suspect, because of their focus on animal law, which is pretty unique in the country. They have a whole vegan menu (in addition to non-vegan) in their cafeteria. (I was up there for the animal law conference in October.)

TWoodWil

Postby TWoodWil » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:26 pm

sophistry wrote:

What's this about an application for a scholarship? Does that mean that you didn't submit the scholarship request in the original application?

Also, given your vegan-ness, vegansistah, I'd expect L&C would be perfect for you. A friend told me that L&C has a decent amount of vegan/veggie culture, which I hear is somewhat rare in law school.

Assuming it's the same email I got, it is for minorities.

vegansistah

Postby vegansistah » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:32 pm

TWoodWil wrote:
sophistry wrote:

Assuming it's the same email I got, it is for minorities.

Yes, fail on my part to include that! The email still comes from L&C admissions... they should know better than to hype us up like that!

And yes, L&C's animal (rights) law program makes it my perfect fit. The acceptance would make everything complete!

roguey

Postby roguey » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Whew... I almost cried. But good to know about the veggie & vegan options though!! Then again, I doubt there are many veg restaurants that are also gluten-free... so I'm still going to be at home cooking :)

KraftEZ

Postby KraftEZ » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm vegetarian too and I'm aiming for the environmental program so L&C fits me like a glove :D

Jerome

Postby Jerome » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:50 pm

roguey wrote:Whew... I almost cried. But good to know about the veggie & vegan options though!! Then again, I doubt there are many veg restaurants that are also gluten-free... so I'm still going to be at home cooking :)

You'd actually be surprised. Down the road from LC you'll find New Seasons (basically a way cooler, local Whole Foods) with a great deli with some great vegan/gluten-free options. And there are also a few pizza places with gluten free crust. Food wise, Portland has pretty much everything. Except good Chinese food for some reason.

Edit: I'm a total Portland hypster. apologies.

hans3n

Postby hans3n » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Anyone know why L&C would send me a letter and their "Practical Skills" brochure, a month after rejecting me? In the letter, it even says,

"Lewis and Clark is truly committed to offering our stuents the practical skills they need to succeed in the legal field. If that is something that is important to you, then please take the time to review our materials and consider what experiences you might have here as a student. We hope you like what you see!"

Anyone have any thoughts whats going on?

Jerome

Postby Jerome » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:14 pm

hans3n wrote:Anyone know why L&C would send me a letter and their "Practical Skills" brochure, a month after rejecting me? In the letter, it even says,

"Lewis and Clark is truly committed to offering our stuents the practical skills they need to succeed in the legal field. If that is something that is important to you, then please take the time to review our materials and consider what experiences you might have here as a student. We hope you like what you see!"

Anyone have any thoughts whats going on?

Harsh.

OHCHI

Postby OHCHI » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:26 pm

It is in my top three, I will have to wait and see if any scholarship money is freed up for me...I hope to visit in late march when my work schedule allows

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”