Lewis & Clark 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KraftEZ

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby KraftEZ » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Best way to check is have someone who was rejected try to access it.

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:00 pm

I have not been able to access the Admitted Students section...until today.

Edit: I can also access the online payment system for the first seat deposit.

FUMAgrad05

Postby FUMAgrad05 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:22 pm

I'm not under review yet according to status checker, but I talked to L&C monday and they said the same thing about having a decision for me soon (this week or next). However, I still can't access the Admitted student section and I am pretty positive I'll be admitted when they make a decision. Not sure if this helps you out, but I hope it does.

jazzluvr

Postby jazzluvr » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:20 am

SamSeaborn2016 wrote:I'm another one of the folks that didn't get any scholly money. My acceptance letter made no mention of it either. I wasn't surprised, though. My LSAT may have warranted a little money but my GPA surely didn't. Also, I live nearby and talked in detail of my desire to remain in the NW. They probably figured I was a lock so they didn't need to throw money at me. And truthfully, I will most likely be attending. I'm torn between American and Lewis & Clark but American isn't throwing money at me either and DC has a significantly higher cost of living.

I wish I'd had some serious admissions counselling before the application process. I, too, let L & C know they were my first choice. I figured that gave me a higher chance of acceptance. But I really wish I had talked to somebody knowledgeable about the whole scholarship process. I was literally clueless... Well, at least I'm in!

heckyes

Postby heckyes » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:23 am

KraftEZ wrote:Best way to check is have someone who was rejected try to access it.

do you think we could find anybody who would volunteer to do this?

god-what has waiting to hear from law schools done to my soul?!?!?! c :oops:

akili

Postby akili » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:33 am

I just applied last week. L&C seems like such a great school, and I would love to stay in the NW if possible!

jazzluvr

Postby jazzluvr » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:37 am

It does seem likely that if someone can access it they've been accepted. But that has nothing to do with whether or not rejected students can or can't access it.

In other words:
rejected --> can't access
implies only
can access --> not rejected. But "not rejected" is not the same as "accepted."

Capische?

So performing that deliciously devious little experiment wouldn't get you the info you need anyway.

TWoodWil

Postby TWoodWil » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:44 am

jazzluvr wrote:It does seem likely that if someone can access it they've been accepted. But that has nothing to do with whether or not rejected students can or can't access it.

In other words:
rejected --> can't access
implies only
can access --> not rejected. But "not rejected" is not the same as "accepted."

Capische?

So performing that deliciously devious little experiment wouldn't get you the info you need anyway.

My last complete update was 2/5, so if I get an acceptance in the mail by the end of the week it would lead credence to access=likely acceptance.

jazzluvr

Postby jazzluvr » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:46 am

Maybe. But that still has nothing to do with whether or not rejected students can or can't access. I bet they can't regardless...

Anyway, good luck!

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:27 am

jazzluvr wrote:Maybe. But that still has nothing to do with whether or not rejected students can or can't access. I bet they can't regardless...

Anyway, good luck!

Like I wrote earlier, I was not able to access the admitted students portal since I have applied to L&C. However, I went complete again on 2/5. Granted, I don't check the admitted students portal every day, but I checked today and I was suddenly able to access it for the first time...

algren

Postby algren » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:52 am

gatorlion wrote:
jazzluvr wrote:Maybe. But that still has nothing to do with whether or not rejected students can or can't access. I bet they can't regardless...

Anyway, good luck!

Like I wrote earlier, I was not able to access the admitted students portal since I have applied to L&C. However, I went complete again on 2/5. Granted, I don't check the admitted students portal every day, but I checked today and I was suddenly able to access it for the first time...

I have never tried to access before, but was able to this morning. I went complete several times now, the latest being 2/4.

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:41 am

This probably doesn't help much, but my most recent "complete" update was on 2/5 and I cannot access the admitted students page. It says "We're sorry, but something went wrong." when I try to log in.

Even though I don't benefit from it yet, I hope this pans out to be an accurate way to check on our applications!

EDIT: I'd be surprised if L&C dings me, btw. Scholarships are another story...

EDIT 2: What we really need to know is if waitlist/holds can access that page. I can't imagine that they would update their website data to allow access by a rejected applicant.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:36 pm

sophistry wrote:This probably doesn't help much, but my most recent "complete" update was on 2/5 and I cannot access the admitted students page. It says "We're sorry, but something went wrong." when I try to log in.

Even though I don't benefit from it yet, I hope this pans out to be an accurate way to check on our applications!

EDIT: I'd be surprised if L&C dings me, btw. Scholarships are another story...

EDIT 2: What we really need to know is if waitlist/holds can access that page. I can't imagine that they would update their website data to allow access by a rejected applicant.

can you post a link to the page?

my app was updated to 2/5, and am wondering, as with other schools, you can find out if you have been admitted through this website

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:19 pm

sarlis wrote:can you post a link to the page?

my app was updated to 2/5, and am wondering, as with other schools, you can find out if you have been admitted through this website

--LinkRemoved--

Let us know your results.

km23

Postby km23 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:05 pm

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:08 pm

km23 wrote:I'm on hold and couldn't access the page. Hope that helps.

Thanks! I think this pretty much proves that if you can access the admitted students page, you're in.

heckyes

Postby heckyes » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Thanks for that info. Sorry about being put on hold for Lewis and Clark. Hopefully you'll hear better news from them soon.

Thanks again.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:24 pm

sophistry wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

i got on the website! but i don't know what that means. I cannot find anywhere that says I have been admitted, but there is an option that i can click that says "pay first deposit."

what do you guys think about this?

EDIT: turns out i can't click on the deposit thing, as it is not a link, but included in a check list

and under mailings it says i have none

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:28 pm

what did it say when you tried to access the site?

heckyes

Postby heckyes » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:34 pm

sarlis wrote:
sophistry wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

i got on the website! but i don't know what that means. I cannot find anywhere that says I have been admitted, but there is an option that i can click that says "pay first deposit."

EDIT: turns out i can't click on the deposit thing, as it is not a link, but included in a check list

click on "more checklist". On the next page you should see a section that says "deposits" with the phrase "you may place a deposit with a credit card online..." the word online is linked to an online deposit site.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:37 pm

heckyes wrote:
sarlis wrote:
sophistry wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

click on "more checklist". On the next page you should see a section that says "deposits" with the phrase "you may place a deposit with a credit card online..." the word online is linked to an online deposit site.

I saw that, but I still don;t know if that means I am admitted or not.

jazzluvr

Postby jazzluvr » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:40 pm

I love this thread! It's so cool! Does the school think we don't talk to each other? They should get their act together. We're too smart for them. :-)

heckyes

Postby heckyes » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:41 pm

considering that you can then click the link and enter that site

and considering that the person on hold couldn't get in, I feel like it's something to smile about at least.

Plus, even if we wind up being rejects, at least we got to ride a pre-rejection high. At least that's what I'm telling myself....

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:43 pm

I've tried the admitted students link twice: last night and about 30 min. ago.

No luck. When I enter my info, it just says something's wrong.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:44 pm

heckyes wrote:considering that you can then click the link and enter that site

and considering that the person on hold couldn't get in, I feel like it's something to smile about at least.

Plus, even if we wind up being rejects, at least we got to ride a pre-rejection high. At least that's what I'm telling myself....

hahahhaa, i think you might be right about that wesbite, especially that the person on hold could not get onto the site.

I just hope, assuming that the website diagnosis is correct, that i get a scholly offer. (are there secret backdoor entrances to any websites concerning this? lol)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”