Lewis & Clark 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:14 pm

vegansistah wrote:
mle0918 wrote:In via snail mail yesterday!

Congrats! When did you go complete?


Stats, if you don't mind?

User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:16 pm

barrydukakis wrote:Anyone know the story on negotiating merit-based aid from L+C...?

Was really hoping they would give me something substantial... took the time to ride the additional essay... they gave me 23k a year, but I have gotten much larger offers from better schools (103k at Washington and Lee). I don't know if they are not taking my interest seriously or what might be going on.

I'm a northwest guy, and L+C fits me fairly well, but probably not an option unless they give me full tuition.

Not trying to flame anyone, just curious... and I look forward to seeing many of you at ASD, good luck all!


LC will probably work on aid with you if you let them know what you have gotten at other schools and that you really would like to attend LC. Most schools will work on that, at least that is what I am led to believe. But W&L is offering 103k a year? Really? Nicely done.

gabewatch
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:15 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby gabewatch » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:04 pm

barrydukakis wrote:Anyone know the story on negotiating merit-based aid from L+C...?

Was really hoping they would give me something substantial... took the time to ride the additional essay... they gave me 23k a year, but I have gotten much larger offers from better schools (103k at Washington and Lee). I don't know if they are not taking my interest seriously or what might be going on.

I'm a northwest guy, and L+C fits me fairly well, but probably not an option unless they give me full tuition.

Not trying to flame anyone, just curious... and I look forward to seeing many of you at ASD, good luck all!



hey im in a similar situation, i really wanted to go to L&C because i think i would like it out there, and im going to visit obviously, but they offered me 10K/year while W&L is offering 17k/year. as much as i want to live in portland it wouldnt make sense to go to a worse school for less money. i was thinking about trying to negotiate for aid, but thats not really my style. i dont really know how i would go about doing this either.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:52 pm

mle0918 wrote:In via snail mail yesterday!


Good for you MLE! Any money?

goingoingone
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 12:23 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby goingoingone » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:33 pm

Jerome wrote:
goingoingone wrote:In as of yesterday.


Congrats. Snail mail?


Yes.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:39 pm

goingoingone wrote:
Jerome wrote:
goingoingone wrote:In as of yesterday.


Congrats. Snail mail?


Yes.


did your status checker change?

goingoingone
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 12:23 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby goingoingone » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:03 pm

sarlis wrote:
goingoingone wrote:
Jerome wrote:
goingoingone wrote:In as of yesterday.


Congrats. Snail mail?


Yes.


did your status checker change?


It still says "Application File Complete" with a date of 1/20/2010. I went complete back in November, and the date changed a few times before I got accepted, but it hasn't said anything other than "Application File Complete."

User avatar
mle0918
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby mle0918 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:00 am

yo! wrote:
mle0918 wrote:In via snail mail yesterday!


Good for you MLE! Any money?


17k/year and $400 to visit. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:06 am

mle0918 wrote:
yo! wrote:
mle0918 wrote:In via snail mail yesterday!


Good for you MLE! Any money?


17k/year and $400 to visit. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!


I happy for you, but extremely jealous. :wink: I can assume you have better softs than me and I know that you went to a much more impressive UG than me, so I'm sure your offer will be better than mine. I'm just hoping for 15k, hopefully the packet comes soon!

User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:20 am

mle0918 wrote:
yo! wrote:
mle0918 wrote:In via snail mail yesterday!


Good for you MLE! Any money?


17k/year and $400 to visit. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!


Nicely done.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:39 pm

Okay, its Monday morning and I'm at work. Here's to another week of obsessively checking email/TLS/LSN/status checkers and wasting my employer's time :mrgreen:

User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:41 pm

yo! wrote:Okay, its Monday morning and I'm at work. Here's to another week of obsessively checking email/TLS/LSN/status checkers and wasting my employer's time :mrgreen:


Ditto. Ain't it great? My $ is on acceptances to LC this week.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:53 pm

For those of you who were accepted: how many received phone calls from a student/alum to discuss the school?

aimhigh09
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby aimhigh09 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:09 pm

yo! wrote:For those of you who were accepted: how many received phone calls from a student/alum to discuss the school?


Unless I missed a call at home, I didn't receive any calls on my cell or any voicemails.

mugwump
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby mugwump » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:14 pm

aimhigh09 wrote:
yo! wrote:For those of you who were accepted: how many received phone calls from a student/alum to discuss the school?


Unless I missed a call at home, I didn't receive any calls on my cell or any voicemails.


Did receive phone call from a member of the Law School's Board of Visitors.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby JOThompson » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:26 pm

gabewatch wrote:
barrydukakis wrote:Anyone know the story on negotiating merit-based aid from L+C...?

Was really hoping they would give me something substantial... took the time to ride the additional essay... they gave me 23k a year, but I have gotten much larger offers from better schools (103k at Washington and Lee). I don't know if they are not taking my interest seriously or what might be going on.

I'm a northwest guy, and L+C fits me fairly well, but probably not an option unless they give me full tuition.

Not trying to flame anyone, just curious... and I look forward to seeing many of you at ASD, good luck all!



hey im in a similar situation, i really wanted to go to L&C because i think i would like it out there, and im going to visit obviously, but they offered me 10K/year while W&L is offering 17k/year. as much as i want to live in portland it wouldnt make sense to go to a worse school for less money. i was thinking about trying to negotiate for aid, but thats not really my style. i dont really know how i would go about doing this either.


What is your ultimate goal? If you intend to practice in the PWN, then L&C is the superior school despite the ranking difference.

If you're like me, you may have qualms about asking for more money, but you really have nothing to lose by negotiating. The little effort expended is worth the possibility of being debt free sooner. Other TLS posters convinced me of that.

User avatar
Bustang
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Bustang » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:27 pm

I withdrew last night. Good luck guys!

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby BenJ » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:54 pm

Just noticed that I went complete again last week. Complete 1/13 - > 1/21 - > 1/27.

User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Their status updates make no sense to me. Still complete as of 1/21.

User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:04 pm

BenJ wrote:Just noticed that I went complete again last week. Complete 1/13 - > 1/21 - > 1/27.


According to your LSN profile, it looks like we submitted around the same time, too. My stats aren't as impressive, however.

Bohemka
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Bohemka » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Acceptance packet in the mail today :D
It was postmarked 1/28. I originally went complete 1/6, but my status checker updated to "Application File Complete" again on 1/21.

Headybrah
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Headybrah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:52 pm

acceptance packet in the mail today as well...

very excited but they say they are out of monies!


o no!

I wouldnt worry I bet they have somes kicking around for smart folks

User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Headybrah wrote:acceptance packet in the mail today as well...

very excited but they say they are out of monies!


o no!

I wouldnt worry I bet they have somes kicking around for smart folks


Bummer. Hopefully they revise awards once other scholly students withdraw...

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:28 pm

ouch, an acceptance with no money sure would be bitersweet :?

Headybrah
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Headybrah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:50 pm

but there is a possibility of future monies I guess....

I wonder how much showing up for admitted students day would help chances at monies...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: henryyou and 4 guests