Lewis & Clark 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:37 pm

totebags wrote:
yo! wrote:Yesterday I went to my apartment's mail area, opened my box and pulled out a large package. This MUST be an accpetance packet right? Wrong! It was a gigantic packet filled with Golden Gate University propaganda! :x Why did I sign up for the damn CRS !?! MLE, I guess you win. I can't imagine mail from Portland to NorCal taking this long, so it appears you were right.


Your numbers are higher than mine. You'll be accepted. Don't fret!


Jerome wrote:It seems that the 1/21 (or other status changes) mean little to nothing. The waiting is killing me. To make it worse I continually get e-mails from the undergrad college (from which I am a graduate) inviting me to things - always lets me down. Ugh.


That sounds painful! Hang in there.


lol.... After reading my posts, it does dound like I'm a bit psychotic :lol: I guess I'm not a very patient person, this waiting game is so annoying! And don't even get me started about Davis! :shock:

User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:38 pm

The admissions office sent their confirmation to the incorrect e-mail account somehow, and when they finally did e-mail me they noted that the status checker will NOT indicate whether a decision has been made or not. It looks like 4-6 week turn around on average...

littlepiggie818
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby littlepiggie818 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:06 pm

My complete date has been updated to 1/28. Could an answer be on the way?

User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:47 pm

littlepiggie818 wrote:My complete date has been updated to 1/28. Could an answer be on the way?


Maybe, but don't get your hopes up. Mine was updated to 1/21 and I eagerly waited for the mail...and nothing. The admissions office has indicated that an update does not equal a decision.

Headybrah
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Headybrah » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:50 pm

brah-humbug
was looking forward to mail from Lewis and Clark from the 1/21 update - nothing

I really hope to get up for their admitted student event

mattymatt
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby mattymatt » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:51 pm

I spoke with someone in the admissions office (she was very friendly, by the way, which only made me want to go there even more) and asked a few questions about sending in transcripts. The topic of status checkers came up, and while mine still says "complete", she mentioned that it's been "sent out" (which I took to mean under review).

So I suppose this just confirms our suspicions that status checkers don't really mean much.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:07 pm

mattymatt wrote:I spoke with someone in the admissions office (she was very friendly, by the way, which only made me want to go there even more) and asked a few questions about sending in transcripts. The topic of status checkers came up, and while mine still says "complete", she mentioned that it's been "sent out" (which I took to mean under review).

So I suppose this just confirms our suspicions that status checkers don't really mean much.


+1 When I called about a fee waiver, they were very helpful.

Headybrah
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Headybrah » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:09 pm

so your saying I should get it in the mail today right?

User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:29 pm

yo! wrote:
mattymatt wrote:I spoke with someone in the admissions office (she was very friendly, by the way, which only made me want to go there even more) and asked a few questions about sending in transcripts. The topic of status checkers came up, and while mine still says "complete", she mentioned that it's been "sent out" (which I took to mean under review).

So I suppose this just confirms our suspicions that status checkers don't really mean much.


+1 When I called about a fee waiver, they were very helpful.


I went there for undergrad, and if anything is true about LC it is that they are very nice and helpful...and very slow.

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby km23 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:52 pm

H
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:54 pm

its like a soft waitlist

its the same as being put on hold, if you know about that

it basically means that they want to compare your file with another batch or two before they make a decision so that they have a better view of your spot in the overall applicant pool

i dont know much about LOCIs, but it might be a bit early

User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:23 pm

km23 wrote:Hey everyone, I just got this email. Is it a wait list, since they say some spots may not even be open?!?

"Dear XXX,

The admissions committee has completed its review of your application, but has not yet made a decision. Your file is still active and we will continue to keep it under consideration. In late April or early May, we will have a clearer idea of how many seats are still available, if any. If we have additional space in the class, we will do a second review of your file and we may extend an offer of admission to you at that time. If you are not admitted after a second review, your file may be denied or added to a waitlist. Either way, we will be in touch with you.

We need no additional information from you and will notify you if there is any change in the status of your application. We realize that this process can seem lengthy, and we appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,

Shannon L. Davis
Assistant Dean of Admissions"

Do you think a LOCI will help, even though they said they need no additional information?


I'm sorry - that is a bummer. I don't think a LOCI would hurt if you really want to attend LC. It may be enough to push you up.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:28 pm

km23 wrote:Hey everyone, I just got this email. Is it a wait list, since they say some spots may not even be open?!?

"Dear XXX,

The admissions committee has completed its review of your application, but has not yet made a decision. Your file is still active and we will continue to keep it under consideration. In late April or early May, we will have a clearer idea of how many seats are still available, if any. If we have additional space in the class, we will do a second review of your file and we may extend an offer of admission to you at that time. If you are not admitted after a second review, your file may be denied or added to a waitlist. Either way, we will be in touch with you.

We need no additional information from you and will notify you if there is any change in the status of your application. We realize that this process can seem lengthy, and we appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,

Shannon L. Davis
Assistant Dean of Admissions"

Do you think a LOCI will help, even though they said they need no additional information?


I'm sorry, that's tough news. Definitely do the LOCI if you really want to go there. If I get that email, I will definitely send a LOCI around March. Would you mind sharing your numbers?

User avatar
ahk!
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 8:37 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby ahk! » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:38 pm

just went complete again. 1/29/2010 ( > 1/15/2010 > 12/15/2009)

I've never felt so complete in my life - yay!

goingoingone
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 12:23 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby goingoingone » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:41 pm

In as of yesterday.

User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:15 pm

goingoingone wrote:In as of yesterday.


Congrats. Snail mail?

User avatar
buddyblack
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:28 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby buddyblack » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:31 pm

For those that have been accepted at L&C with scholarships, any luck getting the gpa requirement removed?

Chudancha
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Chudancha » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:18 pm

buddyblack wrote:For those that have been accepted at L&C with scholarships, any luck getting the gpa requirement removed?



I think the GPA requirements on scholarships are non negotiable except in the most extreme circumstances. To negotiate to lower GPA requirements before you even start law school wouldn't likely go well.

User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:25 pm

Chudancha wrote:
buddyblack wrote:For those that have been accepted at L&C with scholarships, any luck getting the gpa requirement removed?



I think the GPA requirements on scholarships are non negotiable except in the most extreme circumstances. To negotiate to lower GPA requirements before you even start law school wouldn't likely go well.


+1

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:40 pm

Jerome wrote:
Chudancha wrote:
buddyblack wrote:For those that have been accepted at L&C with scholarships, any luck getting the gpa requirement removed?



I think the GPA requirements on scholarships are non negotiable except in the most extreme circumstances. To negotiate to lower GPA requirements before you even start law school wouldn't likely go well.


+1


-1. on other school's app threads, people have been successful in negotiating the GPA stipulation down.

Chudancha
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Chudancha » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:44 pm

sarlis wrote:
Jerome wrote:
Chudancha wrote:
buddyblack wrote:For those that have been accepted at L&C with scholarships, any luck getting the gpa requirement removed?



I think the GPA requirements on scholarships are non negotiable except in the most extreme circumstances. To negotiate to lower GPA requirements before you even start law school wouldn't likely go well.


+1


-1. on other school's app threads, people have been successful in negotiating the GPA stipulation down.


How does that even work? What sort of justification could you give that would make sense to lower gpa requirements before you even start. It must all rest on the offers from other schools?

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:45 pm

Chudancha wrote:
sarlis wrote:
Jerome wrote:
Chudancha wrote:

I think the GPA requirements on scholarships are non negotiable except in the most extreme circumstances. To negotiate to lower GPA requirements before you even start law school wouldn't likely go well.


+1


-1. on other school's app threads, people have been successful in negotiating the GPA stipulation down.


How does that even work? What sort of justification could you give that would make sense to lower gpa requirements before you even start. It must all rest on the offers from other schools?


yeah. it's (from what i hear anyway) just like negotiating for (more) merit aid.

User avatar
mle0918
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby mle0918 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:06 pm

In via snail mail yesterday!

User avatar
vegansistah
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby vegansistah » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:53 pm

mle0918 wrote:In via snail mail yesterday!

Congrats! When did you go complete?

barrydukakis
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby barrydukakis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:12 pm

Anyone know the story on negotiating merit-based aid from L+C...?

Was really hoping they would give me something substantial... took the time to ride the additional essay... they gave me 23k a year, but I have gotten much larger offers from better schools (103k at Washington and Lee). I don't know if they are not taking my interest seriously or what might be going on.

I'm a northwest guy, and L+C fits me fairly well, but probably not an option unless they give me full tuition.

Not trying to flame anyone, just curious... and I look forward to seeing many of you at ASD, good luck all!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Houzy, joezze, reydingo, Smc1994, tinafeyclone, turkeyncheese and 20 guests