Lewis & Clark 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gabewatch
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:15 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby gabewatch » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:01 am

just booked a flight for ASW, i dont like flying though

zermatt1
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby zermatt1 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:03 am

Exact thing happened to me. I was complete in mid November, then complete again 1/7 and again on 1/20. My numbers are 160/3.6. It's making me nervous.

User avatar
Padimud
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Padimud » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:26 am

Sadly I am going to have to say goodbye to L&C. It is hard to get to the point where you know Portland would be a fantastic place to go to school and Oregon to practice, but money pushes you another direction.

I loved what I saw, but now I am withdrawing, who wants my scholarship?

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Padimud wrote:Sadly I am going to have to say goodbye to L&C. It is hard to get to the point where you know Portland would be a fantastic place to go to school and Oregon to practice, but money pushes you another direction.

I loved what I saw, but now I am withdrawing, who wants my scholarship?


I do!

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby lawgirl99 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Padimud wrote:Sadly I am going to have to say goodbye to L&C. It is hard to get to the point where you know Portland would be a fantastic place to go to school and Oregon to practice, but money pushes you another direction.

I loved what I saw, but now I am withdrawing, who wants my scholarship?


I'll gladly take that off your hands for you :)

bluetomato
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:20 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby bluetomato » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Congrats to everyone who as been accepted!
Last edited by bluetomato on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TWoodWil
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby TWoodWil » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Complete date updated to 1/26. I've been at 12/1 since, well, 12/1.

User avatar
mle0918
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby mle0918 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:34 pm

Just called admissions, and they said date change on complete date does *not* equal decision rendered. Errrg!

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:49 pm

mle0918 wrote:Just called admissions, and they said date change on complete date does *not* equal decision rendered. Errrg!


I'm sure they would say that, because it probably isn't true for every single case. However, based on the emails that some got and the multiple posters who were updated on the exact same date, I'm guessing that we will be getting some decisions. I think that they probably meant that a status change does not *necessarily* mean DR, but it still could. Just my .02

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby km23 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:20 pm

.
Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby BenJ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:22 pm

yo! wrote:
mle0918 wrote:Just called admissions, and they said date change on complete date does *not* equal decision rendered. Errrg!


I'm sure they would say that, because it probably isn't true for every single case. However, based on the emails that some got and the multiple posters who were updated on the exact same date, I'm guessing that we will be getting some decisions. I think that they probably meant that a status change does not *necessarily* mean DR, but it still could. Just my .02


I thought so, too, but unless we hear of someone getting a decision in the next couple of days, I'm going to assume it was just a routine update. But in the past, a new complete date has usually meant a decision; that may just not always be the case.

Edit: LSN reports two admits on Saturday, both, weirdly, in North Carolina. Make of that what you will.

User avatar
mle0918
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby mle0918 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:49 pm

BenJ wrote:
yo! wrote:
mle0918 wrote:Just called admissions, and they said date change on complete date does *not* equal decision rendered. Errrg!


I'm sure they would say that, because it probably isn't true for every single case. However, based on the emails that some got and the multiple posters who were updated on the exact same date, I'm guessing that we will be getting some decisions. I think that they probably meant that a status change does not *necessarily* mean DR, but it still could. Just my .02


I thought so, too, but unless we hear of someone getting a decision in the next couple of days, I'm going to assume it was just a routine update. But in the past, a new complete date has usually meant a decision; that may just not always be the case.

Edit: LSN reports two admits on Saturday, both, weirdly, in North Carolina. Make of that what you will.



I hope you guys are right! But it just doesn't make sense for North Carolina to get it before me (Seattle) haha. Either way, I will continue my sprint to the mailbox everyday :D

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:40 pm

mle0918 wrote:
BenJ wrote:
yo! wrote:
mle0918 wrote:Just called admissions, and they said date change on complete date does *not* equal decision rendered. Errrg!


I'm sure they would say that, because it probably isn't true for every single case. However, based on the emails that some got and the multiple posters who were updated on the exact same date, I'm guessing that we will be getting some decisions. I think that they probably meant that a status change does not *necessarily* mean DR, but it still could. Just my .02


I thought so, too, but unless we hear of someone getting a decision in the next couple of days, I'm going to assume it was just a routine update. But in the past, a new complete date has usually meant a decision; that may just not always be the case.

Edit: LSN reports two admits on Saturday, both, weirdly, in North Carolina. Make of that what you will.




I hope you guys are right! But it just doesn't make sense for North Carolina to get it before me (Seattle) haha. Either way, I will continue my sprint to the mailbox everyday :D


I hate to say it, but you may be right. Checked the mail today, and nothing. Did get the Santa Clara letter though.....BenJ: What are you stressing about? Shouldn't you be in the HYS threads? :wink:

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby BenJ » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:22 am

yo! wrote:
mle0918 wrote:
BenJ wrote:
yo! wrote:
I'm sure they would say that, because it probably isn't true for every single case. However, based on the emails that some got and the multiple posters who were updated on the exact same date, I'm guessing that we will be getting some decisions. I think that they probably meant that a status change does not *necessarily* mean DR, but it still could. Just my .02


I thought so, too, but unless we hear of someone getting a decision in the next couple of days, I'm going to assume it was just a routine update. But in the past, a new complete date has usually meant a decision; that may just not always be the case.

Edit: LSN reports two admits on Saturday, both, weirdly, in North Carolina. Make of that what you will.




I hope you guys are right! But it just doesn't make sense for North Carolina to get it before me (Seattle) haha. Either way, I will continue my sprint to the mailbox everyday :D


I hate to say it, but you may be right. Checked the mail today, and nothing. Did get the Santa Clara letter though.....BenJ: What are you stressing about? Shouldn't you be in the HYS threads? :wink:


Haha, I'm not stressing about L&C. The stressing about other schools just makes me jumpy about everything. And I want a decision from somewhere soon, even if it is from a very safe school that is still great in my desired field. I applied to L&C before I got my December LSAT score; at the time, it was just a reasonable safety (167 LSAT before retake).

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:35 am

Well, at least I don't have to worry about you taking my spot :lol: Congrats on being a smart m'fer!

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby ccs224 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:22 am

gabewatch wrote:just booked a flight for ASW, i dont like flying though


I'm flying out too! Any idea where you'll be staying? Last time I went to PDX, I stayed in a hostel, which sucked as one might expect, and I'm considering splurging on some ACE Hotel action...

User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:56 am

In Portland, gotta stay at Hotel Modera or The Jupiter.

User avatar
totebags
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:45 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby totebags » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:40 am

For those who attended the reception in SF tonight, how was it? I could not make it unfortunately (double booking) but I really wish I had gone.
Last edited by totebags on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:55 am

totebags wrote:For those you attended the reception in SF tonight, how was it? I could not make it unfortunately (double booking) but I really wish I had gone.


Couldn't make it, have to work late this week.

User avatar
totebags
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:45 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby totebags » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:21 am

yo! wrote:
totebags wrote:For those [strike]you[/strike] who attended the reception in SF tonight, how was it? I could not make it unfortunately (double booking) but I really wish I had gone.


Couldn't make it, have to work late this week.


[Ugh! I hate typos, but I keep making 'em!]


Darn. Hopefully we can get crib notes from someone else.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Yesterday I went to my apartment's mail area, opened my box and pulled out a large package. This MUST be an accpetance packet right? Wrong! It was a gigantic packet filled with Golden Gate University propaganda! :x Why did I sign up for the damn CRS !?! MLE, I guess you win. I can't imagine mail from Portland to NorCal taking this long, so it appears you were right.

User avatar
Jerome
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Jerome » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:06 pm

It seems that the 1/21 (or other status changes) mean little to nothing. The waiting is killing me. To make it worse I continually get e-mails from the undergrad college (from which I am a graduate) inviting me to things - always lets me down. Ugh.

User avatar
totebags
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:45 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby totebags » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:19 pm

yo! wrote:Yesterday I went to my apartment's mail area, opened my box and pulled out a large package. This MUST be an accpetance packet right? Wrong! It was a gigantic packet filled with Golden Gate University propaganda! :x Why did I sign up for the damn CRS !?! MLE, I guess you win. I can't imagine mail from Portland to NorCal taking this long, so it appears you were right.


Your numbers are higher than mine. You'll be accepted. Don't fret!


Jerome wrote:It seems that the 1/21 (or other status changes) mean little to nothing. The waiting is killing me. To make it worse I continually get e-mails from the undergrad college (from which I am a graduate) inviting me to things - always lets me down. Ugh.


That sounds painful! Hang in there.

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby km23 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:20 pm

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
totebags
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:45 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby totebags » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:25 pm

km23 wrote:Did those of you who got decisions already ever have a changed status of Decision Rendered, or something similar? My complete date changed, but that's it!



I was admitted on 1/7 and my status checker still says "Application File Complete 12/22". Nothing under mailings. No changes at all since December 22.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], mse2020 and 7 guests