Lewis & Clark 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby mhd08 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:38 pm

I'm assuming they've made some decisions today.... I just got an e-mail saying they haven't made a decision on my application yet and will review it again in April or May if there are available seats. Uuugghh, I hate the waiting game! Does this call for a LOCI? Or is that only if you're waitlisted?

User avatar
bobbyp1819
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:38 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby bobbyp1819 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:59 pm

I'm in the same boat and I am also wondering about a LOCI. Any thoughts?

Dear XXXX,

The admissions committee has completed its review of your application, but has not yet made a decision. Your file is still ?active? and we will continue to keep it under consideration. In late April or early May, we will have a clearer idea of how many seats are still available, if any. If we have additional space in the class, we will do a second review of your file and we may extend an offer of admission to you at that time. If you are not admitted after a second review, your file may be denied or added to a waitlist. Either way, we will be in touch with you.

We need no additional information from you and will notify you if there is any change in the status of your application. We realize that this process can seem lengthy, and we appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,

Shannon L. Davis
Assistant Dean of Admissions
Lewis & Clark Law School
10015 SW Terwilliger Boulevard
Portland , OR 97219
800-303-4860
lawadmss@lclark.edu
http://law.clark.edu

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Sorry to hear that guys, but atleast you weren't dinged. I would definitely send a LOCI if I were in your shoes, anything might help.

Tuski
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Tuski » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:12 pm

For those of you whose decisions have been held... If I decide not to attend, I promise to withdraw right away to free up a spot! But I probably won't be able to make that decision until after ASW in March.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:15 pm

mle0918 wrote:went complete again today as well, aaah!! originally complete 1/7... 163, 3.45. hopefully this is good news for all of us!!


Awesome Lab!

User avatar
gatorlion
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby gatorlion » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:25 pm

No email. I've been complete since October 26th (although I did take the December LSAT). I haven't heard anything since receiving an email about financial aid a while back. Grr

KIM_SAYS:
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:16 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:48 pm

Yeah, got that same "Important Status Update" email too. Still some hope.

Eisaiahm
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:56 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Eisaiahm » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:39 pm

mhd08 wrote:I'm assuming they've made some decisions today.... I just got an e-mail saying they haven't made a decision on my application yet and will review it again in April or May if there are available seats. Uuugghh, I hate the waiting game! Does this call for a LOCI? Or is that only if you're waitlisted?

+1
I'm not sure how this differs from being waitlisted, however. They clearly state that they can waitlist us after all of this waiting is completed.

katjust
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:49 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby katjust » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:47 pm

The only difference between being waitlisted and held is that they are putting you on notice that you might be denied in April or May. Of course, you might also be accepted.

User avatar
Princess_T
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:50 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Princess_T » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:04 pm

I didn't get the email about April/May and my status online was updated 1/21 so hopefully I will hear something and it will be positive! *fingers crossed*

I may stalk the mailman tomorrow.

User avatar
mle0918
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby mle0918 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:56 pm

blaahhh. this obsession with status checker/TLS/LSN/mailman thing is not good for me...

User avatar
vegansistah
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby vegansistah » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:03 am

mle0918 wrote:blaahhh. this obsession with status checker/TLS/LSN/mailman thing is not good for me...


+1.... I would be happier with checking status checker all day, but compounded with TLS and LSN.... not good for my work/personal life.

I just sat through the worst movie ever (LEGION- don't waste your money) and all I could think of was whether or not I got any law school admissions updates in the 1 and 40 minutes that I was wasting away in the movie theater.

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby BenJ » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Princess_T wrote:I didn't get the email about April/May and my status online was updated 1/21 so hopefully I will hear something and it will be positive! *fingers crossed*

I may stalk the mailman tomorrow.


You're definitely getting a letter! Good luck!

Anyone know if the letters go to permanent addresses or current addresses? My parents will be out of town starting Wednesday, so if it arrives at my permanent address on Wednesday or later, I may not get the news until February. Bleh.

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby ccs224 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:55 pm

BenJ wrote:
Princess_T wrote:I didn't get the email about April/May and my status online was updated 1/21 so hopefully I will hear something and it will be positive! *fingers crossed*

I may stalk the mailman tomorrow.


You're definitely getting a letter! Good luck!

Anyone know if the letters go to permanent addresses or current addresses? My parents will be out of town starting Wednesday, so if it arrives at my permanent address on Wednesday or later, I may not get the news until February. Bleh.


Mine was mailed to my current address.

tarvis79
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:51 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby tarvis79 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:06 pm

Just got an acceptance with a 21K Dean's scholarship via snail mail. 3.41, 172

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby BenJ » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:12 pm

tarvis79 wrote:Just got an acceptance with a 21K Dean's scholarship via snail mail. 3.41, 172


Congrats! I assume you were in the group whose status checker updated on 1/21? Where do you live; in the Northwest or NorCal, or somewhere else?

User avatar
gatorlion
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby gatorlion » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:34 pm

My status just changed today from complete on 10/26 to complete as of 1/25. Did anyone else get something similar?

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby lawgirl99 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:37 pm

Mine still says 1/6/10.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:10 am

BenJ wrote:
tarvis79 wrote:Just got an acceptance with a 21K Dean's scholarship via snail mail. 3.41, 172


Congrats! I assume you were in the group whose status checker updated on 1/21? Where do you live; in the Northwest or NorCal, or somewhere else?


Still waiting for NorCal!

Headybrah
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Headybrah » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:17 am

yo!

In norcal too still waiting...

Tomorrow maybe?

User avatar
vegansistah
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby vegansistah » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:23 am

Headybrah wrote:yo!

In norcal too still waiting...

Tomorrow maybe?



My status also changed to complete date 1/21 when it was already complete before. So I am waiting as well. I do hope you guys get good news tomorrow, then hopefully my packet is on its way! Please don't forget to update us here on TLS.

goingoingone
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 12:23 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby goingoingone » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:58 am

I went complete on 11/17, my status checker changed to 1/7, then to 1/20. My numbers are 161/3.94 and still haven't heard anything. At this point I'm just curious as to what's going on. Has anyone else been waiting this long?

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby yo! » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:22 am

goingoingone wrote:I went complete on 11/17, my status checker changed to 1/7, then to 1/20. My numbers are 161/3.94 and still haven't heard anything. At this point I'm just curious as to what's going on. Has anyone else been waiting this long?


Ugh! Now that would be fucking annoying!

tarvis79
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:51 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby tarvis79 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:28 am

Colorado, actually. And I went complete on 1/14.

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby Bikeflip » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:49 am

Complete on 1/22 here. Can't check mail b/c I'm abroad. Some other schools appear (or at leas TLS likes to believe) to have admits, WLs and rejections correspond to certain complete and DR dates. Is that the case with LC?
Me: 1/22 complete. 168 3.87




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”