Lewis & Clark 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gatorlion

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Postby gatorlion » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:16 am

158/4.0 (+2 MAs) here, interested in international environmental law and climate change litigation. I've been complete since 10/23. Looks like we'll be getting more than emails about financial aid around February...

GoodToBeTheKing

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:24 am

ozarkhack wrote:Applied yesterday.

While I've never been, I've heard many a great thing about Portland (which I assume I would much prefer over Eugene, which also has my app.). And I'm for now interested in enviro law, so it makes sense. ... Also, I've had a beard most all this year, and it's finally starting to fill out. So ...

Good luck all.

honestly... dont you find the beard to itch like hell? I tried growing one and just cant get past a couple weeks

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:49 pm

When I grew one for the first time a year ago, weeks 2-3 were damn-near unbearable. But — oh! — the hirsute glory that awaits you on the other side makes it totally worth the temporary discomfort.

The subsequent re-beardings (because summertime=baby face) were much easier to handle.

aimhigh09

Postby aimhigh09 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:02 pm

Has anyone's status changed to Under Review yet? I see on the admissions website that application review begins in December. I submitted 10/31 and went complete 11/16, but status hasn't changed since.

lawgirl99

Postby lawgirl99 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:46 pm

My status is still the same as it was when I applied but I am hoping it will change within the next few weeks. Does anyone have a guess as to when we will start hearing back from L&C?

aimhigh09

Postby aimhigh09 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:46 pm

lawgirl99 wrote:My status is still the same as it was when I applied but I am hoping it will change within the next few weeks. Does anyone have a guess as to when we will start hearing back from L&C?

Well, from LSN is looks like the first acceptances were in mid-January last year.
http://lewisandclark.lawschoolnumbers.c ... er=asc&p=2

But in 2007-2008, there were a few acceptances at the end of December.

I'm hoping for earlier??? :)

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:50 pm

From the email I got acknowledging my application.

The Admissions Committee begins reviewing applications in mid-November and does its best to do so in the order that they are completed. It is to your advantage to complete your file as early as possible since a backlog of a few weeks is not unusual at the peak of the process. Our first decisions are mailed in December.

SamSeaborn2016

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:50 pm

aimhigh09 wrote:
lawgirl99 wrote:My status is still the same as it was when I applied but I am hoping it will change within the next few weeks. Does anyone have a guess as to when we will start hearing back from L&C?

Well, from LSN is looks like the first acceptances were in mid-January last year.

But in 2007-2008, there were a few acceptances at the end of December.

I'm hoping for earlier??? :)

I expect they will start getting them out at the end of December/beginning of January. They were slowed down for two weeks in December last year because of snow and ice in Portland. L&C is up on a hill and didn't have mail service for a while.

brickman

Postby brickman » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:57 pm

waiting waiting waiting.

Anyone live in Portland/visited the school?

One of the main reasons I'm looking at L&C is because of the city so any info is great.

tnthlpr

Postby tnthlpr » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:29 pm

brickman wrote:waiting waiting waiting.

One of the main reasons I'm looking at L&C is because of the city so any info is great.

I've been living in PDX for a couple years, moved from TX. The campus is small and separate from the main L&C campus, but its set right in the middle of Tryon State Park which is breathtaking.

The city is great as well. It has a small town feel with big city opportunities. Very liberal. I would recommend living closer in to downtown, cause thats where the culture is. Beaverton and other suburbs kinda suck.

Big music scene (everyone is in a band which gets a little annoying). Lot of microbrews.

Any specific questions?

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:37 pm

lots of dirty hipsters (kind of reverse of San Francisco effect)

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:55 pm

ugh, are there really a lot of hipsters?

Havaianas

Postby Havaianas » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:39 pm

Glad to see other Lewis and Clark hopefuls on TLS! Applied early December and am really excited about the programs they have. Never been to Portland but have family there and am a norcal kinda girl. Good luck to everyone!

SamSeaborn2016

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:04 pm

tnthlpr wrote:

I've been living in PDX for a couple years, moved from TX. The campus is small and separate from the main L&C campus, but its set right in the middle of Tryon State Park which is breathtaking.

The city is great as well. It has a small town feel with big city opportunities. Very liberal. I would recommend living closer in to downtown, cause thats where the culture is. Beaverton and other suburbs kinda suck.

Big music scene (everyone is in a band which gets a little annoying). Lot of microbrews.

Any specific questions?

I've lived in and around Portland for most of the last 12 years and I love it. The above is pretty spot on. I don't mind the west side suburbs that much, though. For being a small city, Portland has some pretty well-defined neighborhoods, each with their own vibe. The hipster beer culture is pretty wide-spread, though. :D

Havaianas

Postby Havaianas » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:29 pm

thanks sam and ththlpr for the info!

SamSeaborn2016

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:32 pm

Havaianas wrote:thanks sam and ththlpr for the info!

No prob. Feel free to PM if you want more specific info on anything.

lawgirl99

Postby lawgirl99 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:36 pm

I plan on having a dog when I attend law school next fall. Do you think it would be hard to find a place to live in Portland with a dog?

SamSeaborn2016

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:35 pm

lawgirl99 wrote:I plan on having a dog when I attend law school next fall. Do you think it would be hard to find a place to live in Portland with a dog?

Portland is pretty dog friendly. Lots of dog parks and trails. Apartment complexes tend to have weight/size limits and I've seen a few with breed restrictions. If you are renting a house, I wouldn't expect to have any troubles.

try this site:

http://www.portlandpooch.com

lawgirl99

Postby lawgirl99 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:37 pm

SamSeaborn2016 wrote:
lawgirl99 wrote:I plan on having a dog when I attend law school next fall. Do you think it would be hard to find a place to live in Portland with a dog?

Portland is pretty dog friendly. Lots of dog parks and trails. Apartment complexes tend to have weight/size limits and I've seen a few with breed restrictions. If you are renting a house, I wouldn't expect to have any troubles.

try this site:

http://www.portlandpooch.com

Thanks for the info, it was very helpful :)

goingoingone

Postby goingoingone » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:23 pm

SamSeaborn2016 wrote:
tnthlpr wrote:

Any specific questions?

I've lived in and around Portland for most of the last 12 years and I love it. The above is pretty spot on. I don't mind the west side suburbs that much, though. For being a small city, Portland has some pretty well-defined neighborhoods, each with their own vibe. The hipster beer culture is pretty wide-spread, though. :D

I grew up in a city southwest of Portland before moving to NYC and I agree with Sam--the suburbs in the West aren't so bad. Probably not where a young person would want to live when Portland is right there, but if you're planning on staying in the area for a long time(which is a good idea if you're going to LC), I can say first-hand that the west suburbs are a pretty decent place to grow up/raise a family and such. As for the culture being "down town," eh, not really. I think there's way more young "culture" in Southeast/Northeast Portland. But really, you can't go wrong in Portland as far as I'm concerned.

katjust

Postby katjust » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:08 am

I'm a current 1L, live in Lake Oswego. It is not too tough to find places that allow dogs. Also, Oregon just amended the LL/tenant statute and so pet fees are not longer allowed (pet deposits are still okay though).

tnthlpr

Postby tnthlpr » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:28 pm

katjust wrote:

I'm a current 1L, live in Lake Oswego. It is not too tough to find places that allow dogs. Also, Oregon just amended the LL/tenant statute and so pet fees are not longer allowed (pet deposits are still okay though).

Really? Can you give the statutory cite on that? I assume ORS 90. something. I'm moving closer to L&C and I'm tired of getting charged out the a*& for pet fees.

Thanks

rachery

Postby rachery » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:32 pm

I just got my acceptance package in the mail today!

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:37 pm

rachery wrote:I just got my acceptance package in the mail today!

when did you go complete?

what kind of status changes did you go through?

Numbers?

rachery

Postby rachery » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:43 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
rachery wrote:I just got my acceptance package in the mail today!

when did you go complete?

what kind of status changes did you go through?

Numbers?

I went complete 11/23. My status checker never changed, and still only says complete. 3.66/ 166

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”