Lewis & Clark 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
km23

Bronze

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Post by km23 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

uganik

Bronze

Post by uganik » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Sorry to hear that-

Did you notice if your Status Checker changed prior to the letter?

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:25 pm

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shlonster

Bronze

Post by Shlonster » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:41 pm

Hey-O wrote:
arundodonax wrote:I'm still throwing around $ scenarios in my head, considering waiting it out a year, other options, etc.

But even with my numbers and a 6 point higher LSAT, I would still likely only see maybe 10k a year, so I'm not sure it would be worth the wait, as I could be one year father into a career.

If you look at LSN data, if you had median numbers, the time you applied had no bearing on if you got money, as it seems almost everyone in this situation got money-waitlisted or no money offer. It was those who had higher numbers that applied in Feb that could have gotten money if they applied earlier.

In fact, if you had a 3.5 or below with a 162 or below (non URM), even if you applied in October you likely saw no money. The drivers for scholarship were high LSAT or high GPA, as they are with most places. If you had median LSAT and GPA - no money for you.

I hope higher numbers equals smarter kids and greater local reputation (and eventually ranking), but with this strategy, the middle folks get left out, many withdraw, and then they pull from the waitlist, which I would guess ultimately brings their numbers down. It also means more smarter kids end up at UOregon, which brings more competition to L&C.

I had a 169 and 3.85. Applied in January. Nothing.
170, 3.6 - same. Not what I expected.

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:30 pm

Shlonster wrote:
Hey-O wrote:
arundodonax wrote:I'm still throwing around $ scenarios in my head, considering waiting it out a year, other options, etc.

But even with my numbers and a 6 point higher LSAT, I would still likely only see maybe 10k a year, so I'm not sure it would be worth the wait, as I could be one year father into a career.

If you look at LSN data, if you had median numbers, the time you applied had no bearing on if you got money, as it seems almost everyone in this situation got money-waitlisted or no money offer. It was those who had higher numbers that applied in Feb that could have gotten money if they applied earlier.

In fact, if you had a 3.5 or below with a 162 or below (non URM), even if you applied in October you likely saw no money. The drivers for scholarship were high LSAT or high GPA, as they are with most places. If you had median LSAT and GPA - no money for you.

I hope higher numbers equals smarter kids and greater local reputation (and eventually ranking), but with this strategy, the middle folks get left out, many withdraw, and then they pull from the waitlist, which I would guess ultimately brings their numbers down. It also means more smarter kids end up at UOregon, which brings more competition to L&C.

I had a 169 and 3.85. Applied in January. Nothing.
170, 3.6 - same. Not what I expected.
Perhaps between applying late AND not expressing an interest in environmental law, you were immediately cut out of the loop? I applied with a 158/4.0 and was awarded $10k/year. My interest in environmental law permeated every aspect of my application. Just a hypothesis...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”