Lewis & Clark 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
yo!

Silver

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Post by yo! » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:37 pm

totebags wrote:
yo! wrote:Yesterday I went to my apartment's mail area, opened my box and pulled out a large package. This MUST be an accpetance packet right? Wrong! It was a gigantic packet filled with Golden Gate University propaganda! :x Why did I sign up for the damn CRS !?! MLE, I guess you win. I can't imagine mail from Portland to NorCal taking this long, so it appears you were right.
Your numbers are higher than mine. You'll be accepted. Don't fret!

Jerome wrote:It seems that the 1/21 (or other status changes) mean little to nothing. The waiting is killing me. To make it worse I continually get e-mails from the undergrad college (from which I am a graduate) inviting me to things - always lets me down. Ugh.
That sounds painful! Hang in there.
lol.... After reading my posts, it does dound like I'm a bit psychotic :lol: I guess I'm not a very patient person, this waiting game is so annoying! And don't even get me started about Davis! :shock:

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:38 pm

The admissions office sent their confirmation to the incorrect e-mail account somehow, and when they finally did e-mail me they noted that the status checker will NOT indicate whether a decision has been made or not. It looks like 4-6 week turn around on average...

littlepiggie818

New

Post by littlepiggie818 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:06 pm

My complete date has been updated to 1/28. Could an answer be on the way?

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:47 pm

littlepiggie818 wrote:My complete date has been updated to 1/28. Could an answer be on the way?
Maybe, but don't get your hopes up. Mine was updated to 1/21 and I eagerly waited for the mail...and nothing. The admissions office has indicated that an update does not equal a decision.

Headybrah

Bronze

Post by Headybrah » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:50 pm

brah-humbug
was looking forward to mail from Lewis and Clark from the 1/21 update - nothing

I really hope to get up for their admitted student event

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mattymatt

New

Post by mattymatt » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:51 pm

I spoke with someone in the admissions office (she was very friendly, by the way, which only made me want to go there even more) and asked a few questions about sending in transcripts. The topic of status checkers came up, and while mine still says "complete", she mentioned that it's been "sent out" (which I took to mean under review).

So I suppose this just confirms our suspicions that status checkers don't really mean much.

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:07 pm

mattymatt wrote:I spoke with someone in the admissions office (she was very friendly, by the way, which only made me want to go there even more) and asked a few questions about sending in transcripts. The topic of status checkers came up, and while mine still says "complete", she mentioned that it's been "sent out" (which I took to mean under review).

So I suppose this just confirms our suspicions that status checkers don't really mean much.
+1 When I called about a fee waiver, they were very helpful.

Headybrah

Bronze

Post by Headybrah » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:09 pm

so your saying I should get it in the mail today right?

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:29 pm

yo! wrote:
mattymatt wrote:I spoke with someone in the admissions office (she was very friendly, by the way, which only made me want to go there even more) and asked a few questions about sending in transcripts. The topic of status checkers came up, and while mine still says "complete", she mentioned that it's been "sent out" (which I took to mean under review).

+1 When I called about a fee waiver, they were very helpful.
I went there for undergrad, and if anything is true about LC it is that they are very nice and helpful...and very slow.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:52 pm

H
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

S de Garmeaux

Bronze

Post by S de Garmeaux » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:54 pm

its like a soft waitlist

its the same as being put on hold, if you know about that

it basically means that they want to compare your file with another batch or two before they make a decision so that they have a better view of your spot in the overall applicant pool

i dont know much about LOCIs, but it might be a bit early

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:23 pm

km23 wrote:Hey everyone, I just got this email. Is it a wait list, since they say some spots may not even be open?!?

"Dear XXX,

The admissions committee has completed its review of your application, but has not yet made a decision. Your file is still active and we will continue to keep it under consideration. In late April or early May, we will have a clearer idea of how many seats are still available, if any. If we have additional space in the class, we will do a second review of your file and we may extend an offer of admission to you at that time. If you are not admitted after a second review, your file may be denied or added to a waitlist. Either way, we will be in touch with you.

We need no additional information from you and will notify you if there is any change in the status of your application. We realize that this process can seem lengthy, and we appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,

Shannon L. Davis
Assistant Dean of Admissions"

Do you think a LOCI will help, even though they said they need no additional information?
I'm sorry - that is a bummer. I don't think a LOCI would hurt if you really want to attend LC. It may be enough to push you up.

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:28 pm

km23 wrote:Hey everyone, I just got this email. Is it a wait list, since they say some spots may not even be open?!?

"Dear XXX,

The admissions committee has completed its review of your application, but has not yet made a decision. Your file is still active and we will continue to keep it under consideration. In late April or early May, we will have a clearer idea of how many seats are still available, if any. If we have additional space in the class, we will do a second review of your file and we may extend an offer of admission to you at that time. If you are not admitted after a second review, your file may be denied or added to a waitlist. Either way, we will be in touch with you.

We need no additional information from you and will notify you if there is any change in the status of your application. We realize that this process can seem lengthy, and we appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,

Shannon L. Davis
Assistant Dean of Admissions"

Do you think a LOCI will help, even though they said they need no additional information?
I'm sorry, that's tough news. Definitely do the LOCI if you really want to go there. If I get that email, I will definitely send a LOCI around March. Would you mind sharing your numbers?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ahk!

New

Post by ahk! » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:38 pm

just went complete again. 1/29/2010 ( > 1/15/2010 > 12/15/2009)

I've never felt so complete in my life - yay!

goingoingone

New

Post by goingoingone » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:41 pm

In as of yesterday.

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:15 pm

goingoingone wrote:In as of yesterday.
Congrats. Snail mail?

buddyblack

New

Post by buddyblack » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:31 pm

For those that have been accepted at L&C with scholarships, any luck getting the gpa requirement removed?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Chudancha

New

Post by Chudancha » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:18 pm

buddyblack wrote:For those that have been accepted at L&C with scholarships, any luck getting the gpa requirement removed?

I think the GPA requirements on scholarships are non negotiable except in the most extreme circumstances. To negotiate to lower GPA requirements before you even start law school wouldn't likely go well.

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:25 pm

Chudancha wrote:
buddyblack wrote:For those that have been accepted at L&C with scholarships, any luck getting the gpa requirement removed?

I think the GPA requirements on scholarships are non negotiable except in the most extreme circumstances. To negotiate to lower GPA requirements before you even start law school wouldn't likely go well.
+1

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:40 pm

Jerome wrote:
Chudancha wrote:

+1
-1. on other school's app threads, people have been successful in negotiating the GPA stipulation down.

Chudancha

New

Post by Chudancha » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:44 pm

sarlis wrote:
Jerome wrote:
Chudancha wrote:

+1
-1. on other school's app threads, people have been successful in negotiating the GPA stipulation down.
How does that even work? What sort of justification could you give that would make sense to lower gpa requirements before you even start. It must all rest on the offers from other schools?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:45 pm

Chudancha wrote:
sarlis wrote:
Jerome wrote:
Chudancha wrote:

+1
How does that even work? What sort of justification could you give that would make sense to lower gpa requirements before you even start. It must all rest on the offers from other schools?
yeah. it's (from what i hear anyway) just like negotiating for (more) merit aid.

mle0918

New

Post by mle0918 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:06 pm

In via snail mail yesterday!

vegansistah

New

Post by vegansistah » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:53 pm

mle0918 wrote:In via snail mail yesterday!
Congrats! When did you go complete?

barrydukakis

Bronze

Post by barrydukakis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:12 pm

Anyone know the story on negotiating merit-based aid from L+C...?

Was really hoping they would give me something substantial... took the time to ride the additional essay... they gave me 23k a year, but I have gotten much larger offers from better schools (103k at Washington and Lee). I don't know if they are not taking my interest seriously or what might be going on.

I'm a northwest guy, and L+C fits me fairly well, but probably not an option unless they give me full tuition.

Not trying to flame anyone, just curious... and I look forward to seeing many of you at ASD, good luck all!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”